Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
Any pics from Lackawanna county? really enjoying all the Pa pics, thanks to all that have posted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Scott,

Info on the Po-Mar-Lin rig:

1982 Duplex/Car-Mar, Cincinnati canopy cab, 1500/3000, cabinet style tandem axle tanker, 8V92TA, 475 HP, automatic, 6.5 KW Kohler generator. This was the first truck ordered with the new paint scheme, white over red. It was housed on 8/7/82. It was out of service most of 1992 at Pierce having a new 4-door Arrow cab installed and additional body work at a cost of $282,000. It went back into service 11/1/92. In late 2002 it was replaced and sold to CustomTec Fire Apparatus of Canada (a dealer) for $75,000 who sold it in 1/03 to the City of Corvallis (Benton County, OR).

I can't picture what apron the rig is sitting on - it is not Modena's.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region

Lew shot some great stuff. He and I wrote for Dave Miller during the same years. Anyone know what ever happened to him?
Dave,

if you mean Dave Miller from Conroe,TX then he published his "Fire service digest" with the rosters from various departments. You can found his website at:

[url="http://www.firecollector.com/"]http://www.firecollector.com/[/url]

I had subscribed to the paper till last year but haven't the time now to follow the news, so I stop my subscription.

Juergen Hass
Thanks, Juergen, but I meant Lew. Dave Miller still publishes the "Digest". I was wondering where Lew Aflalo disappeared to. Anyone know?