Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince George's County MD
Reserve Engine 33. Not sure whos Engine this originally was and if it's still even around... Anyone know?

Attached Files Image(s)

Kurt: Here is the information on this PGFD wagon:

1989 Seagrave JB-30DF four door 1000 gpm/500 gwt #X-79944

PGFD owned, front suction, twin whelen max beam strobe light

on cab front, stainless steel cab and body, clemmens standpipe

pack over left side compartments, reassigned as Reserve Engine 33

in 2001 #M-00033

Tom Shand

Hamburg, New York
That Seagrave originally was assigned to Mount Rainier Company 3.
Thanks guys!
[quote name='Photoguy Kurt 07' date='05 September 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1283658758' post='401086']

Laurel Engine 101

[/quote]

Great shot Kurt!
We had that wagon as a reserve one day and as I was throtteling up on a first due fire she jumped outta pump gear and started runnin down the street on me!! Then another time while driving the same rig we were running a box alarm and while turning onto a major road the the man riding in the officers side bucket fell out. He had his seatbelt on and the door popped open and the seatbelt broke and out he went. No one knew till we got on scene. It was found that te seatbelt would "click" like it was engaged but not actually engage. That was a bad day... The FF spent the night in the hospital and came home the next day with a bit of a headache.
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Rescue Squad 8. The county said it was getting fixed for the past three months. Guess that was a lie.

[quote name='mdmodeler' timestamp='1177757090' post='102289']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=16017]

Mini-Pumper 24

Squad 47-1990 Freightliner( recently struck on the beltway)

[/quote]

the other unit is *WAS* Charles County Tanker 11 (Bryans Road) which was involved in a rollover accident in LaPlata back in 2004 I believe
[quote name='englt542' timestamp='1263263704' post='357991']

Not sure what Truck 37 is running it may be Ex truck 5???

Truck 29 is Ex Truck 17

Sta 22 is still up and running with Quint 22, Rescue Squad 22 and the Ambo

[/quote]

there are no units at 22 anymore, QT22 is now QT38, SQ22 is now SQ6, all the Special Operations units are at Co. 6 (St. Josephs)

Truck 37 is ex Truck 5, Truck 29 is Ex Truck 17
For those not in the know, what or who was Station 22 ?
[quote name='pumper8032' timestamp='1311933578' post='450406']

For those not in the know, what or who was Station 22 ?

[/quote]

It was the Tuxedo-Cheverly career station that was closed a couple years ago.
And formerly the Tuxedo-Cheverly VOLUNTEER Fire Department... LoL
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
www.clintonvfd.org

FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Company 22's old apparatus is now at St. Josephs Station 6.. The county's Technical Rescue Team
[quote name='Photoguy Kurt 07' timestamp='1283658868' post='401087']

Reserve Engine 33. Not sure whos Engine this originally was and if it's still even around... Anyone know?

[/quote]

Kurt this was spotted this summer at the PGFD Training Academy sitting next to what was E531 the xAllentown Road KME Spec Events piece last used at FedEx Field.
PGFD PIO Twitter Page:

Quote:PGFD moving to change color scheme on new apparatus. Currently white with red stripe. New will be red with white cab
Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
and white stripe
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
www.clintonvfd.org

FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Sure, why not look like everybody else. Red with White Cab, Lets See BCFD, BCoFD, DCFD Etc. just stay white with the Red Stripes, and stay unique. I can remember when BCFD went from Omaha Orange & White, to the now Plain Jane Red with White Cab, everyone hated it. Why screw with tradition. just my 2 cents worth.
Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
I have to admit, those Baltimore City rigs, especially the huge 1974 Seagrave order looked awesome in the Omaha Orange and white scheme and the throaty roar of the Detroits as they plied up and down Northern Parkway before and after box alarm made me recognize that sound to this day.
[quote name='hungrybus' timestamp='1323572940' post='466783']

Sure, why not look like everybody else. Red with White Cab, Lets See BCFD, BCoFD, DCFD Etc. just stay white with the Red Stripes, and stay unique. I can remember when BCFD went from Omaha Orange & White, to the now Plain Jane Red with White Cab, everyone hated it. Why screw with tradition. just my 2 cents worth.

[/quote]

I'm with ya, Bus! I also miss the Orange & White and the Stars & Bars. It's not about tradition anymore, it's about conformity. Look alike, act alike, think alike.
Supposedly the color change is due in large part to PG being able to get more money with the guaranteed buy back program on the new Pierce order. PG tagged onto Arlington County, which is also participating in the buy back program with Pierce. The point being apparatus which are painted red/white are much more desirable, easier to sell, and will possibly yield more money in comparison to solid white trucks. The big difference here is that Arlington County tends to take good care of their apparatus. Very few rigs coming out of PG after 7 years of front line service will be worth much, regardless of the color.