Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
The Tower at 18 is not the one that used to be (or still is) down off Nokesville Rd is it????????

Quote:The Tower at 18 is not the one that used to be (or still is) down off Nokesville Rd is it????????
Nope
LOL..... I don't think anybody on the floor at the station knew it was being displayed at the convention. Nice. Anyways, E503 (The Twin) is going back to the dealer for a few different reasons. Radios are not installed yet, No EMS inspection yet and last BUT not least the FRA has not inspected it yet.... I'm saying Halloween is doable for inservice date. LOL.

Junior, Any truth on changes to this so called SPEC? Heard the coffins are going away, Truth or wishful thinking? Any truth to Seagraves for Dale City and OWL? You could match the aerialscope to a Seagrave Chasis.... Am I close or way off?

Well just a few things...

1. The FRA Inspection depends on the company to request it.

2. The PWC spec was updated and approved in March and hatch compartments removed then.

3. I have no clue what you are talking about with the Seagraves
My apologies, I must have been told incorrect information on the FRA inspection. I was simply asking about the Seagraves because it was brought up in a conversation the other day at the Station. That's whay I started the question with "Any truth..." We all know how the rumor tree goes. Just asking for clarafication. That's all.

What is a FRA inspection.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Fire and Rescue Association.

Quote:Stop with stories, Junior.  Someone already sent me the "spy shots" of your new tillered tower at the Toyne plant.

I hope your joking around, becuase Sutphen tried it once and was one hell of an ungly truck, tillers should be sticks and towers have buckets lol
Quote:I hope your joking around, becuase Sutphen tried it once and was one hell of an ungly truck, tillers should be sticks and towers have buckets lol
It's real because it's on the interwebs
This is for any one in the know of Dumfries so I have it correct for my roster .......................................Engine 503 the 2000 Eone Pumper is to be sold, Engine 503B the 2003 Eone  is to move to FS 517 as  Engine 517B (Reserve) , Truck 503 is or already moved to the west end as a county reserve and are there still plans to order a Eone Heavy Rescue with the Cyclone II chasis ????  Any corrections and input are welcomed .

Trey White
Quote:This is for any one in the know of Dumfries so I have it correct for my roster .......................................Engine 503 the 2000 Eone Pumper is to be sold, Engine 503B the 2003 Eone  is to move to FS 517 as  Engine 517B (Reserve) , Truck 503 is or already moved to the west end as a county reserve and are there still plans to order a Eone Heavy Rescue with the Cyclone II chasis ????  Any corrections and input are welcomed .
Truck 3 is to stay in Dumfries until the Rescue arrives 
So I'm curious - what does the FRA inspection involve?   Who does it, etc.  

Purging some pics from my camera and found these leftover from the summer. I photographed one of the new Dumfries-Triangle pumpers outside the Ocean City Convention Center during the MSFA Convention. Sorry, no specs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Variety of updates from me

Engine 501B from Manassas City

Assistant Chief 581 from Manassas

Utility 501

Ambulance 501D from Manassas Rescue

Ambulance 501 was recently replaced by an International TerraStar

Engine 502 from O.W.L

Ambulance 502B is this older Freightliner

Engine 504 from Gainesville is this Pierce Velocity, a similar unit runs at FS 24

Medic 504s Freightliner 

Couple of support units from Nokesville

Brush 506 from Coles

Battalion 507 from Dumfries

Rescue 508 from Yorkshire running as R504

Newest staffed medic unit in the County is at FS 8 in Yorkshire.  The career medics run in this older International until the arrival of a new unit.