Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin, Tx Fire/Rescue
Quint 1 was at Pierce when we were there. Looked it over. Good basic work truck spec. When we were going over our list of "issues" Quint 1 had 79 on their list.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
It is a really nice machine. I believe they will like the Arrow XT extremely durable. It is waiting for a part and sould be back on the road Tuesday. Glad I was able to catch it before It heads to the Lone Star State.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
It's good to see that Truck (Quint) 1 is becoming a Tower Ladder again. I hope that Truck 36 keeps It's Tower Ladder. That way Austin could

have three Tower Ladders with one north, one south and one centrally located downtown.
Battalion 5

2009 Ford F-350

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 45

1999 Spartan Gladiator/Quality

1500/500

Ex-Engine 41

Attached Files Image(s)

Brush Truck 45

1999 International 4800/Knapheide

250/500

Ex-Brush Truck 34

Attached Files Image(s)

Have a lot of the old engines (Spartans) found new homes, or are they ridden pretty hard in the city that they are scrapped?  They look like very well spec'd out pieces.  Just curious.  Thanks.

Quote:Have a lot of the old engines (Spartans) found new homes, or are they ridden pretty hard in the city that they are scrapped?  They look like very well spec'd out pieces.  Just curious.  Thanks.
Alot of the Spartan/Quality are now reserves. A few of them have been sold.
Thanks, I was just curious after seeing one of the 96' Spartan/Saulabury's on Brindlee Mountains website for sale.

Quote:Have a lot of the old engines (Spartans) found new homes, or are they ridden pretty hard in the city that they are scrapped?  They look like very well spec'd out pieces.  Just curious.  Thanks.

When they reach the end of life for the City Of Austin, no matter what their condition (most of them have seen their last assignments in the spare/reserve pool or academy), they are declared as surplus and auctioned via the GovDeals.com website.

Here's a few awaiting the winning bidders a couple of years ago:

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Thanks TacSupport1.  I appreciate the info.

Austin's new engines should be soon. There going to be assigned to Engine Co's 2, 21, 23, 25, 30, & 36. There also going to place in service 3 new Quint Co's has well.

Quote:Austin's new engines should be soon. There going to be assigned to Engine Co's 2, 21, 23, 25, 30, & 36. There also going to place in service 3 new Quint Co's has well.
Are the quint co's replacing existing ladder companies? Or are they replacements for engine companies in those areas that might have extended response times for ladder companies? Thanks.
There going to be new companies.

Rescue 20

2011 Pierce Impel

Job # 24130

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:There going to be new companies.
Thanks for the info! Austin must still be growing at a fast rate.
Quote:Thanks for the info! Austin must still be growing at a fast rate.
It is.
Engine 26

2008 Pierce Quantum

1500/1000/50F

Job # 20397-02

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 26

2008 Pierce Quantum

1500/1000/50F

Job # 20397-02

Attached Files Image(s)

Brush Truck 26