Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
Couple of chief buggies from Yorkshire

Former Engine 511 from Stonewall Jackson on the way out to auction

Evergreen Engine 515B is this Pierce Dash

Chief buggies from Evergreen

Nokesville Engine 525, one of two units

Mobile Air Unit 525 was part of a regional COG order, this unit is cross-staffed by the engine company

Prince William County Medic 525

Ambulance 505B from Nokesville, one of four similar units

Couple of support units from station 25

Engine 516 from Buckhall is this new Pierce Arrow XT

Brush 516 is this well-specced Ford

Ambulance 516 is one of two similar units

Utility 516 from Buckhall

Group picture of BC504, A516, E516, and Hazmat Support 516

New Battalion chief buggies in Prince William County.  New units for BC502, BC503, and BC504

SCBA Maintenance van

Couple from Quantico, companies 531, 532, and 533 in Prince William County

Brush 533B

Assistant Chief of Training

Last ones for now are from the Virginia Airborne Search and Rescue which is based out of the Manassas Airport.

V81 is this former Manassas Rescue ambulance

This Hummer is operated as a support unit

That's it for now, questions or comments welcome.

Andrew

I passed M511 in Haymarket today, interesting change on the color for this order.  Thanks for the photos, Andrew.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:BC 501 is in this newer Suburban.  During volunteer hours, BC 501 becomes BC 591 and can be requested county wide.

[Image: attachicon.gif]BC 501.jpg

BC 501 reserve buggy.

[Image: attachicon.gif]BC 501 reser.jpg
Anyone besides me who don't particularly care for the font used on "Fire & Rescue?" I do like the font used on "Prince William County" and "Battalion Chief."
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Quote:Anyone besides me who don't particularly care for the font used on "Fire & Rescue?" I do like the font used on "Prince William County" and "Battalion Chief."

I personally agree with you Paul, the newer BC buggies lettering (post #569) is a lot sharper.

Andrew
Quote: 

That's correct Trey.  T523 was officially staffed 1/27/14 as the first 24/7 staffed Ladder truck in the County.  The staffing came from Tower 512, which is no longer staffed by the career side.  T523 is operating the former Quint 4 (which later became T504), plans are for a new unit in the 2015-2017 range.  

T503 will become the Reserve specialty piece for the West end of the County (primarily as a fill-in for T511 and TW525) as needed. Dumfries will be speccing (or already have specced) a new Rescue to replace T503.  Anybody confused yet?

Attached is an older picture of T504, now T523.

[Image: attachicon.gif]T504.jpg
If anyone can provide a logical justification for Dumfries Fire to purchase a Rescue when they were rarely able to to staff their ladder truck then I'm all ears. Not to mention Rescue 510 is just up the road. Not being a smart-ass here. I'm truly all ears and open minded. 
How photographer friendly are the station in Prince William County, I have been thinking about heading down there but have been leery not knowing the photographer climate down there.
Like any place, it depends on the station and shift.  I try to do OWL, Dale City, and Stonewall Jackson on the weekends personally.  Manassas has always been good to deal with, but I also try to do them on the weekends.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:How photographer friendly are the station in Prince William County, I have been thinking about heading down there but have been leery not knowing the photographer climate down there.

During a recent daytime weekday trip in PWC, the guys at OWL weren't overly friendly. I stopped at a couple stations in Loudon County where they were quite friendly. But like Roto-Ray said, all companies and shifts and stations vary. I may have just caught them on a bad day...
I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL
Best to visit on the Weekends as I have found . Sometimes the career staff at some vollie stations can be difficult .
Trey White
Quote:During a recent daytime weekday trip in PWC, the guys at OWL weren't overly friendly. I stopped at a couple stations in Loudon County where they were quite friendly. But like Roto-Ray said, all companies and shifts and stations vary. I may have just caught them on a bad day...

Sorry you didn't have a great experience DualReverse. Like Taylor said, depends on the station and shift, but that's not a good reason to not be friendly. Best thing to do is call the station and speak to the officer before-hand, if possible. Days can be pretty busy and some crews don't like being caught 'off-guard'. A call ahead makes a lot of difference with some guys. Hope that's helpful!

Andrew