Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosenbauer Minnesota Trip - February 2013
Quote:Miami-Dade has awarded (7) Commander pumper's that are scheduled for build this month, they will have a much lower hose bed than we have traditionally specced with a 1 1/2" booster line in the rear compt. 750 tank 1500 gpm, Commander cab with extended rear portion of cab, they look to be pretty sharp hopefully will see the first one this august with add on's for maybe (7) more. Apopka is a suburb of Orlando in Seminole county a bedroom community basically,  they may run some 2 & 3 man engine's but they respond the 2 man paramedic rig with them on most all alarm's as they are attached to the engine complimenting the engine as a 5 or 4 man company, that is how most smaller dept's. here fla. make do. 
Any chance the Metro-Dade rigs will be Red? Thanks in advance, Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
I personally would prefer white over red but the dept. will remain with white over lime green.

Is there a reason that Miami Dade isn't purchasing Pierce anymore?  I recall someone saying once that a certain percent of the budget had to be spent on other manufactures or something to that effect.

Negative just lowest qualified bidder, we have been with Rosenbauer for the last seven years all 60' quints have no major complaints, they do build quality

apparatus, the commander cab is however new for Rosenbauer, from what I've seen on the drawings they look pretty good lots of room, even though the 

color scheme remains white/lime green  the striping package & gold leaf plus other cosmetic feature's added to the rigs should look pretty sharp.  

Will 3's continue to be red in honor of the 343?
Quote:Hey folks!

Members of my VFD traveled to Wyoming, Minnesota last week to complete the pre-construction conference on the Rosenbauer Commander extruded pumper that we recently signed a contract for.  It was amazing to see how much busier the plant was since my last visit about 18 months ago.  I suppose when you sell over 500 new chassis in less than a year, that's to be expected.

This was truly a working trip, not just sightseeing, so I don't have quite as many photos as I would on some of my previous trips.  All of the photos were taken with my throw-down point-and-shoot camera and my Driod phone.

First up are two new pumpers for Apopka, FL.  The department had Darley special-build them a 3-stage pump for these, which will be used to help supply the massive amount of booster line that they run.  They also feature four CAFS-equipped crosslays.

Did anyone notice a Type I Interface rig under construction on a Freightliner 4x4 chassis for Peoria, Arizona? It's supposed to be delivered this Summer so I doubt it's recognizable yet, but I thought I'd ask. Peoria already has 5 Spartan/Rosenbauer (Minn) rigs that were delivered in 2010, 11 and 12. No problems from what I've heard.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
I believe E-3's will remain red/white.

I still love General Safety apparatus.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
If anyone will be in the area of the Rosenbauer facility in the near future? would be so very appreciative if they can maybe look for the Miami trucks?

Any idea what the station assignments for the new Miami-Dade engines will be?
Not sure they assign new piece's according to milage/hours, but I think E-32  E-54 & E-16 might be up first.  

Miami-Dade has awarded (7) Commander pumper's that are scheduled for

build this month, they will have a much lower hose bed than we have

traditionally specced with a 1 1/2" booster line in the rear compt. 750

tank 1500 gpm, Commander cab with extended rear portion of cab, they

look to be pretty sharp hopefully will see the first one this august

with add on's for maybe (7) more.

Any updates on the MDFR Rosenbauers?  I look forward to seeing them.  Thanks.

Have they started on the apparatus for Chicago yet?

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I can tell you what I know.....

- The Peoria wildland truck is currently in production

- There are two Baltimore County tiller's in production

- Neither the MDFR nor Chicago units are in production 

Quote:I can tell you what I know.....

- The Peoria wildland truck is currently in production

- There are two Baltimore County tiller's in production

- Neither the MDFR nor Chicago units are in production 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Peoria Type 3 when it's done.  I saw the chassis photos from February, so I'm wondering how far along it is?  I'll have to get with the Peoria shop guys and see when it'll be here.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
I would figure they would have a set of the Chicago Squads ready for Fire Rescue International which returns to Chicago in August.

Quote:I would figure they would have a set of the Chicago Squads ready for Fire Rescue International which returns to Chicago in August.

Considering that they were doing their pre-con meetings in late February, that would be a pretty aggressive delivery time for any rig, but pretty much unrealistic in this case for a couple of reasons:
  • The backlog of building the 500+ chassis that were already ahead of the Chicago order.
  • The fact that they'll probably run into some engineering and construction issues as they build these prototype rigs (as any manufacturer would).

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see our new rig in November, and our pre-con meetings were going on at the same time as CFD's.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA