Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
Quote:If anyone can provide a logical justification for Dumfries Fire to purchase a Rescue when they were rarely able to to staff their ladder truck then I'm all ears. Not to mention Rescue 510 is just up the road. Not being a smart-ass here. I'm truly all ears and open minded.

That answer is buried in miles of politics...no easy answer.
And by " Miles" of politics was the pun intended.

From Facebook this morning, Dale City VFD has inked a deal for three Seagrave pumpers; apparently one each for stations 10, 13 and 18.  Some more details here....

https://www.facebook.com/DCVFD/photos/pc...=1&theater

Quote:From Facebook this morning, Dale City VFD has inked a deal for three Seagrave pumpers; apparently one each for stations 10, 13 and 18.  Some more details here....

https://www.facebook.com/DCVFD/photos/pc...=1&theater
So did OWL
Not sure if any exist, but I am looking for any photos of Yorkshire's old Attack 8 prior to the current 1997 International. I have only heard stories of it and I believe it was a dodge, but not sure. The department does not have any photos of this unit. Thanks
Quote:Not sure if any exist, but I am looking for any photos of Yorkshire's old Attack 8 prior to the current 1997 International. I have only heard stories of it and I believe it was a dodge, but not sure. The department does not have any photos of this unit. Thanks
Mike Sanders, can you help on this one?
Quote:Just found this thread

and here we go...

2005 e-one cyclone II with Cummins ISM02 450 Hp

1500gpm/750gwt/50gft
Which department is this?
Dave
Quote:Which department is this?

The first few pics are Dumfries Triangle
Quote:Quint 504 working a 2 banger in Ravens Crest a few years ago
what department is this unit with?
Dave
Yorkshire Attack-8 1973 Dodge. Dave Bowen photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:what department is this unit with?

It was Gainsvilles, but searching the topic I found that Gainsville was dissolved and the county took over the stations and rigs, then this truck was moved to Dumfries Triangle as Truck 523.
Quote:Sorry you didn't have a great experience DualReverse. Like Taylor said, depends on the station and shift, but that's not a good reason to not be friendly. Best thing to do is call the station and speak to the officer before-hand, if possible. Days can be pretty busy and some crews don't like being caught 'off-guard'. A call ahead makes a lot of difference with some guys. Hope that's helpful!

Andrew
I was recently talking with a Firefighter on Truck 16 here in Las Vegas and he said the same thing. He suggested a call ahead that way they are prepared and if something is going on you are not dropping in in the middle of training etc.
Dave
Quote:The first few pics are Dumfries Triangle
Thank you
Dave
Quote:It was Gainsvilles, but searching the topic I found that Gainsville was dissolved and the county took over the stations and rigs, then this truck was moved to Dumfries Triangle as Truck 523.
Thank you. I use to live in the area what happened with Gainsville?
Dave
Yorkshire's 1988 E\-One Engine just sold at auction, does anyone know where it might be heading? 

Couple from Prince William over the past several months.

There has been several shake-ups of the specialty pieces at Dumfries lately.  Station 3 Fire recently placed in service a new E\-One heavy rescue.  In order to secure the funds for the Rescue, they have given up Truck 503, which will become a West end (primarily at stations 11 and 25) reserve ladder truck.  Station 3 Rescue still owns the older White/E-One rescue squad, but it is out of service.

The Nokesville VFD has taken ownership of the Truck, which will become Truck 525 and be re-lettered at some point (unsure if it will be re-painted).  Also from the Dumfries area, the new Truck 523 being built by Pierce is nearing completion.  This will be the first County bought specialty piece in a number of years and replace the old Quint/Truck 504 from Gainesville.  Unsure what will happen to the Quint, probably will be sold.

One of the last times you'll see Dumfries Truck 503....

Also from Dumfries Fire is Command Post 503, taken at a PGA Golf Tournament back in 2015.

Tower 525 from Nokesville (a 2004 E\-One Cyclone II, 95') is due for replacement later this year with a new similar E\-One Cyclone.  This will be traded in to Emergency One with the arrival of the new truck.

Also from Nokesville is this large Ford F-450, run as Utility 505B.  Former chief buggy.

They don't make them like they used to.  Engine 505C is this 1992 Seagrave, 1500/1000/30A.  Serves as a reserve engine to the four similar Ferrara (two at FS 5 and two at FS 25) owned by Nokesville.

Mobile Air Unit 525 is the West-end air unit (Air 512 from Woodbridge serves the East-end).  This 2006 FL M2/2005 Hackney is one of 8 similar units bought in a regional COG order.  MAU 525 is set up primarily for MSA bottles.  Cross-staffed by the Career staff at FS 25.

The newest of the four Ferrara pumpers at Nokesville is Engine 505B, a 2009 Inferno 2000/1000/30.

Twin brush trucks are in service at Nokesville, one at each station.  Brush 505 is a 2010 Chevy 2500/CET, 250/200.  Finlay Fire put a lift kit on the trucks several years ago.