Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
Truck 591 is a former Gainesville VFD unit. This 1990 Simon-Duplex/LTI, 110', with a rehab done in 2009 by LSI is on the way out soon.

One of three similar vans used at the Academy.

One of several pick-up trucks used to pull a variety of trailers at the PSA.

Last for these round of updates is this impressive Technical Rescue trailer.  The Academy purchased this trailer to condense 5-6 smaller trailers.

Thank you for the PWC updates! That's a shame about Evergreen. I know membership retention in this era is really tough. Any idea what happened?

I'm down with:

IAFF, IFPA, APCO, NAED, ARRL
Quote:Thank you for the PWC updates! That's a shame about Evergreen. I know membership retention in this era is really tough. Any idea what happened?

Not a problem!  I don't know specifics, all of that was way over my head.  I know since I've been in the County (starting in 2012), that Evergreen was having problems staffing units.  You're absolutely right about it being hard for volunteer departments to recruit and retain, that's certainly not a local problem, but a problem across the country.

For those interested, the former Support 501 (2004 IHC 4400/SVI) from Manassas Rescue was sold to Bladenboro,NC last year.

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Engine 518 Front

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 518 Rear

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 518 Officer Side

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 518 Driver Side Front

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Engine 518 Officer Side

Love the Dale city rigs is this the fourth and final Grave's pumper they had on order?  I know they have a Mid-Mount Aerialscope on order as well.

Were these ordered as part of a regular purchase cycle?  I see they have some fairly new KME pumpers as well, and was wondering if those are,

now going to be reserve or going on the market for sale.

Kris
Quote: 

Love the Dale city rigs is this the fourth and final Grave's pumper they had on order?  I know they have a Mid-Mount Aerialscope on order as well.

Were these ordered as part of a regular purchase cycle?  I see they have some fairly new KME pumpers as well, and was wondering if those are,

now going to be reserve or going on the market for sale.

Kris
This is actually the 3rd Seagrave pumper. The 4th was just delivered to the dealer a couple weeks ago where it's getting lettered and punch out items completed on it. These were part of a replacement cycle which were greatly delayed due from countywide actions in 2009. Currently the KME's will become reserves along with the 2005 Pierce HDRP. 
The Dale City scheme is stunning on the Seagraves. Really blows away the KMEs and Pierces.
Any word on where the five new Pierce pumper are being assigned for the county? I know one is for station 26, but not sure about the other four. Thanks
Quote:Any word on where the five new pierce pumper are being assigned for the county? I know one is for station 26, but not sure about the other four. Thanks
Engine 504,515,524,526 and Training . Last I heard .
Trey White
Quote:Engine 504,515,524,526 and Training . Last I heard .

Correct Trey, engine for Training is supposed to be E593 and replace the old Yorkshire E\-One (E591B). Early plans are the two PUCs (current E504 and E524) and E515 will be kept. Sounds like E504B (last commercial cab pumper in the County) and E515B will go away.

Two new ladder trucks are in the works for Station 4 (Gainesville) and the Training Academy.

A new Rescue and Collape are being specced for Station 4, with the plans to move them to a new West end station in the future.

Four new medic units are being prepped for service, M508 (Yorkshire), M524 (Antioch), M525 (Bristow), and M526 (Davis Ford).

Also, two new brush trucks are in the works for B506 (Coles) and B526 (Davis Ford).

Lots of things happening on the apparatus front!
Quote:Any word on where the five new pierce pumper are being assigned for the county? I know one is for station 26, but not sure about the other four. Thanks

Atlantic Emergency (AES), the local Pierce dealer has these Prince William County rigs on their website under trucks in production 

http://www.atlanticemergency.com/custom/...ob30389-01
Great to know that the first three Engines due to my house will have brand new units.  I did not know about the Truck for 4, but it is a good idea.  I do see they are doing a lot of work at Station 4.

Quote:Great to know that the first three Engines due to my house will have brand new units.  I did not know about the Truck for 4, but it is a good idea.  I do see they are doing a lot of work at Station 4.
Prince William County currently owns and operates Stations 4 (Gainesville), 6 (Coles), 15 (Evergreen), 23 (River Oaks), and 24 (Antioch). With the completion of these Pierce engines, there will be a newer County engine at each station.

Haymarket Medical Center (located near the I-66/Route 15 interchange in Haymarket) becoming a full hospital is what is driving a ladder truck being placed at Station 4. Truck 511 (Stonewall Jackson) and Tower 501 (City of Manassas) are the first due trucks right now.

Station 4 is being completely renovated, work is on-going. Complete renovations at Stations 5 (Nokesville) and 6 will start soon.