Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince George's County MD
Quote:T-34
  One great truck to work off of.1st truck I got turned over to tiller and drive. Thanks Brummel! 
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!
From Twitter:

Mark Brady ‏@<b>PGFDPIO</b>

Fire Photographers, Fire Buffs & Media: A Photo Op & ceremonial placing in-service of about 20 new PGFD units. Tues. 3/19 10am FedEx Field

https://twitter.com/PGFDPIO/status/312568079395741696

Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
Question for those in the know: did Ritchie ever sell their 1987 Seagrave (E373)? I remember several years ago they tried to raffle it off as a fundraiser but never heard if that panned out.

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
I was told they never sold enough tickets to finish the raffle, so they refunded the money.  The engine was at the Southern MD Convention parade on Sunday.

Purging some pics from my camera and found these leftover from the summer. Here is the latest addition to the Greenbelt VFD (Prince George's County) fleet. Sorry, no specs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Got a chance to get out and do some shooting yesterday with John Floyd, so we started at the PGVFD Convention Parade at The Bunker Hill Station # 55. It was a short parade so we hit some stations in the area and found out that Tele-Squrt 9 had a new home. It is now first due at Smith's Recycling off of Kenilworth Ave. in Fairmont Heights near the DC line. I believe this will be the last stop for this iconic piece of Prince Georges County Volunteer Fire Department history.

Finding TS9 was easy, and we stopped the car, got 
out and got some shots of it and I turned around and there were the Security Officers  sitting there in their golf cart telling me that it was illegal to take photos and we were on private property. I explained to these guys that I meant no harm and have been taking photos of fire trucks in the area for over 30 years. They didn't seem too amused and we left promptly. This is such a shame, as it seems it would be rather costly to fix the rusted frame that is under the water tank.

Dan Evans Photo

I know the company up here who bought it in PA was having some big financial problems, but I wonder why it made the trip allt he way back down there.

Quote:     Got a chance to get out and do some shooting yesterday with John Floyd, so we started at the PGVFD Convention Parade at The Bunker Hill Station # 55. It was a short parade so we hit some stations in the area and found out that Tele-Squrt 9 had a new home. It is now first due at Smith's Recycling off of Kenilworth Ave. in Fairmont Heights near the DC line. I believe this will be the last stop for this iconic piece of Prince Georges County Volunteer Fire Department history.

Finding TS9 was easy, and we stopped the car, got 
out and got some shots of it and I turned around and there were the Security Officers  sitting there in their golf cart telling me that it was illegal to take photos and we were on private property. I explained to these guys that I meant no harm and have been taking photos of fire trucks in the area for over 30 years. They didn't seem too amused and we left promptly. This is such a shame, as it seems it would be rather costly to fix the rusted frame that is under the water tank.

Dan Evans Photo

[Image: attachicon.gif]PGVFD 9xTS9@ Smith Junkyard.jpg

We were down Station 9 a few months ago and it was in the station. One of the guys said they had gotten it back and were going to restore it.

I guess they found out it would be too much for them ??!!
Engine 806

Rescue Squad 806

Engine 833

PGFD Assistant Chief

Bowie Auxiliary 819

Battalion Chief 882

Chief 814

PGFD County Fire Chief

PGFD Deputy Chief

PGFD Duty Major 

Engine 813

Engine 841