Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLIAFAA 16th Annual Frankenmuth Muster 7-27-13
Next up was one of the unusual rigs in attendance, a 1920 Fox Hose cart.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A.J.Ramming
Next up was another of the Canadian rigs, a 1942 Ford American 500 gpm 300 gwt which has been very nicely restored.

Attached Files Image(s)

A.J.Ramming
Of course the parade wouldn't be complete without our own 1972 Ward LaFrance Ambassador 1000 gpm 300 gwt  LA Co Engine 51 clone.

Attached Files Image(s)

A.J.Ramming
Next in line was another new participant at this year's muster a 1957 Chevrolet 10500 American 500 gpm frt mt 500 gwt ex-Mooreland Twp MI Engine 2.  Restoration is nearly complete on this rig and it should be done by next July's event.

A.J.Ramming
The second Hamerly Dodge mini-pumper was up next.  1978 Dodge W300 Hamerly 400 gpm 200 gwt  ex-Lickdale PA Attack 11

A.J.Ramming
Next up was a rig originally from the west coast, a 1953 White Van Pelt 350 gpm 500 gwt  Toledo OR.  Van Pelts and Crowns are unusual rigs to be seen in the Midwest.

A.J.Ramming
Next up was another regular participant, this 1935 Mack E 55 S #1003 500 gpm 200 gwt.  The current owner couldn't provide me with origins of this rig, so any help would be appreciated.

A.J.Ramming
Next up was a 1940 Ford Bickle-Seagrave 500 gpm 200 gwt  Vintage FC  ex-Commerce Twp MI pumper. The owner swears is a 1939 Ford despite the 1940 Ford front end sheet metal.  While it may be registered for licensing as a 1939, it still think it is a 1940 and that the way I'm recording it, unless someone else has information to set me straight.  Maybe when it came across the border from Canada the model year was changed in error.  Unfortunately, there is no body build plate or Bickle-Seagrave number on this rig.

A.J.Ramming
Next up was this diesel repowered 1967 Pirsch Sedan #2835 1250 gpm 300 gwt  ex-Red Wing MN Engine 4 pumper.

A.J.Ramming
And the final rig was another new one at this year's muster.  1980 GMC 7000 E\-One 750 gpm 500 gwt Tri-City FD MI Engine 909

Attached Files Image(s)

A.J.Ramming
Awesome photos.  A buddy and I are doing everything we can to hopefully make it up there next year.  I assume it is always held in Frankenmuth?
its a 37. I only have it as privately owned. what does it say behind the suction

Quote:Next up was another regular participant, this 1935 Mack E 55 S #1003 500 gpm 200 gwt.  The current owner couldn't provide me with origins of this rig, so any help would be appreciated.
The pictures posted here are of the end of the parade and have been reduced in size to fit the guidelines of this site.  If you want to see more pictures of the left side of the rigs from the start of the parade, please feel free to go to my foki site here:  http://public.fotki.com/ajr48098/gliafaa...page4.html.

Enjoy,

A.J.

A.J.Ramming
Thanks for the update in the model year to 1937.   The lettering below the suction is "PER 885".

A.J.

A.J.Ramming
Quote:The next rig was a new one at this year's muster a 1967 Hahn 1000 gpm 500 gwt  ex-Stony Brook LI NY pumper.  Looks, and pumps, like it just came out of service.
Last i knew this belonged to a member in the "cellar savers" antique fire apparatus club in CT, and it appears the plate on the front is a CT antique vehicle plate, so this guy covered some distance to get to the show
Quote:Next up was this diesel repowered 1967 Pirsch Sedan #2835 1250 gpm 300 gwt  ex-Red Wing MN Engine 4 pumper.
You have no idea no idea how happy I am to see this rig. After it was auctioned off a couple years back I was worried about where it would end up. I thought about putting an offer in myself but my savings as a high schooler weren't quite enough.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Of course the parade wouldn't be complete without our own 1972 Ward LaFrance Ambassador 1000 gpm 300 gwt  LA Co Engine 51 clone.
Awesome clone of 51.
This was the 16th year the show was held in Frankenmuth, and based on the turnout and participant comments, it will be held here for years to come.  Arrangements with the city have already been cleared for at least the next 4 years on "the last weekend in July".

A.J.Ramming
Quote:Next up was an unusual rig for the midwest, a 1961 Crown 1250 gpm 300 gwt #CMD 21661.  Don't have any history on this one, especially how it ended up here.
Compare it to the one in this link:

http://www.crownisking.org/cpcovina.html

Lots of details are identical.