Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2013 - From the show floor
Quote:Final for a little while is this Rosenbauer Commander for the Savage, MN Fire Department.

Hope you've enjoyed so far, many more to come!

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-2-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-L.jpg]
I still cant accept this cab IMHO.......Ill take a Quantum or Velocity cab anyday.
Trey White
Thanks for posting these, Taylor! Excellent as always. 

Quote:One of several E-Ones on display was this urban pumper for the West Lanham Hills VFD in PG County, MD.  It's one of two they'll be taking delivery of.

West Lanham Hills VFD

Prince George's County, MD

2013 E-One Typhoon 2000/530

E-One SO 137573

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-22-M.jpg]

The body is stainless steel made by RD Murray in their facility in Hamburg NY. The body exterior had a "Saulsbury" logo on each side, (it's the little black oval right next to the SCBA cylinder door in the above picture), and the mud flaps said E\-One. So which one is it? They also had a stainless steel rescue next to this pumper with the same "Saulsbury" logo on the body.
Quote:As you would expect, there were a lot of people looking over the new Boston rear mount in the KME booth.

Note the blue LED compartment lighting, and the outrigger panels covered in red Line-X.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-5-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-4-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-3-L.jpg]
A friend that sells KME noted that the Line-X style coating on the outriggers, and the construction of them on the other side behind the outer panel is to allow the outriggers to be a "battering ram" to move cars out of the way.  Not sure if that's true or not, but they were rather stout...
Quote:The body is stainless steel made by RD Murray in their facility in Hamburg NY. The body exterior had a "Saulsbury" logo on each side, (it's the little black oval right next to the SCBA cylinder door in the above picture), and the mud flaps said E-One. So which one is it? They also had a stainless steel rescue next to this pumper with the same "Saulsbury" logo on the body.

Saulsbury was purchased by E\-One, along with the naming rights, many years ago.  At one time, all of E\-One's stainless steel products were going to carry the Salusbury name.  However, over time, that was no longer the case.  This rig carries the Saulsbury badges at the customer's request.  Also, the RD Murray name no longer exists - it's "E\-One Hamburg."

Corrections and clarifications welcome.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:I've been waiting to see a Pittsburgh Spencer pumper in person. Only have seen them online. They appear to be nice little rigs. Hopefully they work well because the City just signed a contract for 3 more brining the total to 11 in a 3 year period.
I'd imagine that one of them will be at the Harrisburg Expo this month.
Over in the HME booth again, this short little RAT (Rapid Attack Truck) was one display.  I believe Levittown, PA has one of these...anyone else?

Taylor Goodman
I apparently took a lot more photos of this Rosenbauer Commander pumper than I realized.  This one will call Columbus, NE home.

2013 Rosenbauer Commander 4000 R711

1500/?/?

Extruded Aluminum Body

Cummins ISL (450HP)

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-6-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-7-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-8-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-9-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-10-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-11-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
A number of poly-style bodies were on display, including this rig lettered for Fayetteville, constructed by the Kronenburg folks.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-3-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Another one from the Kronenburg facility is this air wagon going to Tompkins County, NY.

The controls for the air station are located behind the rear flip-up door.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-4-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-5-L.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
OK, that's it till Friday night ... I have a couple of days of buffing planned.  Hope you've enjoyed so far, many more to come once they're edited.

Taylor Goodman
Quote:I still cant accept this cab IMHO.......Ill take a Quantum or Velocity cab anyday.
I agree with you Trey!  UGLY.
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Quote:OK, that's it till Friday night ... I have a couple of days of buffing planned.  Hope you've enjoyed so far, many more to come once they're edited.
I've definitely enjoyed these pics. Can't wait to see the rest! Thanks again for taking the time to post them.

Quote:I still cant accept this cab IMHO.......Ill take a Quantum or Velocity cab anyday.
For me, the Rosenbauer Commander is one of the best looking "modern day" fire trucks. And it's very successful, too.
I always appreciate you guys posting your pictures from the shows the rest of us can't attend, so THANK YOU!!  The one thing I continue to notice is the size of some of these pieces.  When building a combination piece such as an engine/rescue or engine/tanker I can see adding some length as it will be serving multiple functions.  However, some of these engines that we are building are just massive in my opinion!  Its nice to see rigs like West Lanham and Boston that are setup and ready to go to work and seem to be very functional pieces.

Quote:First up are the new letters that were put up this year at the entrance to the Lucas Oil Stadium.  Will the Firepixer who was assaulted by the "D" while getting photo taken in a windstorm identify himeself?  We'll see...

I think I know who you are talking about Smile
Quote:Over in the HME booth again, this short little RAT (Rapid Attack Truck) was one display.  I believe Levittown, PA has one of these...anyone else?

Refreshing to see something that is not the wheel base of ladder with the height of a two story building.  Hose bed does look like an afterthought  though.
Quote: For me, the Rosenbauer Commander is one of the best looking "modern day" fire trucks. And it's very successful, too.

I don't think I'd call it successful yet when they've only delivered a handful so far.
In regards to the Commander, I have no problem speaking out on what I think about that, they are probably one of my least liked fire truck cabs, EVER! The new KME cabs give them a run for their money though.  I'd have to agree with Shannon on the "success" of them. Also, thanks for clearing up the photo, I was only there on Sat. so it wasn't me behind you!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:A stout front bumper leads the way for this E-One rear mount for the Plainfield Fire Territory.

Plainfield, IN

Ladder 121

2013 E-One Cyclone II 100' RM tower ladder

Cummins ISX12 (500 HP)

E-One SO 137535

Little side info on this rig, it's already in service, and has been for a few months.  It replaces the "idea" of a heavy rescue and a ladder truck.  Physically, it only replaces a ladder truck, as they kept the heavy rescue as a spare.

At roughly 3PM on Saturday, about an hour after the show was over, Plainfield received a call for multiple apartments on fire at a complex, I've seen photos, and it was a BIG fire, and Plainfield is not very far from Indianapolis at all.  Any other day of the week for it to happen, this rig would have been there and in service.  But, isn't that normally how it goes? The only other ladder in PFT's fleet is a 75' E\-One, they did have mutual aide, however.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.