Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2014
If you were looking for low hosebeds and short wheelbases you didn't see much...

That's 29 trucks replacement for their current Ferrara theirs didn't fair to well just like my company's we are expecting another one in about a month
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Any specs. On the tanker/truck?
Quote:Last for the evening before I head to the firehouse is the "new" Enforcer from Pierce.  Let's be clear: the only thing that the new Enforcer shares with the old one is the name.

The new Enforcer is going to be the high-option model of the Saber, much like the Velocity is to the Impel.  Sabers will continue to come out of the Florida facility exclusively, whereas the Enforcer will be an Appleton product.  The Enforcer will provide you the option of air-bags, TAK4, and a big-block Detroit with a 4000EVS.  The dash and doghouse have been re-done in both products, as well as the AC and the AC drain lines (which have been a problem in Pierces for many years).  These are also 96" cabs while the V & I are 99" cabs.  The Enforcer & Saber don't have a low-cut windshield like the Dash CF so it has a more traditional look than the Dash CF or V & I.

Additional options and platforms (PUC, etc) will be released in the future.

There is more discussion on the new cabs in the Apparatus Scuttlebutt section here on Firepics.

More to come later, hope you've enjoyed so far!

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-125-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-129-L.jpg]
I like it! Very nice!
Quote:What are the specs on this rig?
It has a Rosenbauer "N" pump, 1500 gpm. (This is their pump that doesn't have the high pressure side)  Believe it also has 2000 gallons of water.  I know the guy that sold it, but I don't recall all of the stats.
Quote:That's 29 trucks replacement for their current Ferrara theirs didn't fair to well just like my company's we are expecting another one in about a month
That does suck? Just a few lemons out of the deal or will the apparatus not hold up to the rugged FDNY use? 
Super as always Taylor! Thanks for sharing these photos!! 

Nice job. Some sharp looking rigs being made.
We just cracked 3 springs on our rig my rig 4 truck 29 truck and 24 truck are all getting replaced they just can't stand the roads running and can't handle the needs of our dept
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Are the Ferraras not built to specs?And if they are built to specs,Did the other makers possibly "Upgrade the build" to handle more extreme service? Or just "Bad Luck"?

Not to veer too far off subject, but I saw Ladder 81's Sandy victim, this image courtesy of Copart, which seems have been taken down about as quick as it was put up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:We just cracked 3 springs on our rig my rig 4 truck 29 truck and 24 truck are all getting replaced they just can't stand the roads running and can't handle the needs of our dept
Is their a defect in the springs/material? Will the rig be returned to Ferrara?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Is that the same FDNY  haz mat unit 1 just with a new split cab? I heard it was sent back because of some issues it was delivered with a full cab; you could see the cab removed from the orginal in the back ground when you click on the pics of the split cab on Ferrara web site.

Quote:Is that the same FDNY  haz mat unit 1 just with a new split cab? I heard it was sent back because of some issues it was delivered with a full cab; you could see the cab removed from the orginal in the back ground when you click on the pics of the split cab on ferrara web site.
Pretty sure it's the 2nd piece of the company
Well the second piece of the company was indeed sent back to Ferrara for rebuild, but they're building another just like it, so I'm not sure which this is. Taylor and I both tried getting more information about it, but as you'd guess, no one wanted to talk about it.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Anymore FDIC items coming - I hope

Here are a few I shot some you have seen some not yet.  

First up was a new spartan For portland Indiana

Attached Files Image(s)

Storm

Attached Files Image(s)

Jacksonville

Attached Files Image(s)

Junction City Rosenbauer

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)