Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nassau County, FDNY 1960's & 1970's
Floral Park C model...Alert Engine Co. 1. 

[Image: negs767_zps5098ad32.jpg]
Great shots!   But those FDNY pics of the Super Pumper and TL-1 have to be taken after 1973, as the Trade Center looks like it was completed in the pics.....

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Quote:Great shots!   But those FDNY pics of the Super Pumper and TL-1 have to be taken after 1973, as the Trade Center looks like it was completed in the pics.....
You may be right.  There were no dates on the negatives.  Some envelopes were dated with years many not so.  I have more FDNY I will post later.  Maybe you can narrow it down by some of the rigs.
TL1's rig was MT7106. It was a 1971 CF Scope. It stood out with the white maltese cross on the door.

Quote:TL1's rig was MT7106. It was a 1971 CF Scope. It stood out with the white maltese cross on the door.
Yep, you are right...hey Mods I need to change the thread title to Nassau County, FDNY 60s and 70s   I see there is going to be more 70-75 stuff
Don't sweat the title. This thread is awesome. I am just happy to be able to contribute to the treasure trove of LI & FDNY history that you are sharing with us.

Great stuff! Please keep posting.
does this Mack look familiar to a department in the Nassau County area  http://www.firenews.org/nh/tu/UnityNHexE2.jpg  belonged to the Unity NH FD, they may still own it or may still be in the area, but judging by the similarities in the Woodmere B model thought it might have originated from the same area.  The chromed pump panel, boot racks, and the body wheel well fenders are a little unique. 

Quote:Yep, you are right...hey Mods I need to change the thread title to Nassau County, FDNY 60s and 70s   I see there is going to be more 70-75 stuff

Done...thanks for the contributions to the thread so far.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Now thats some good stuff right there. I'd much rather see older rigs. Thanks for sharing.

Adam Alberti

www.njfirepictures.smugmug.com

Lieutenant Passaic, NJ Fire Dept.

Past Chief Roxbury Twp, NJ Volunteer Fire Dept
any apparatus from Suffolk county ???

Quote:any apparatus from Suffolk county ???
Might have to do another thread on that...........
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Great thread....keep 'em coming!

Elmont NY

1949 Mack 85LS 1332

Elmont NY

1952 Mack 95LS 1301

Elmont NY

1959 Mack C85 #1128

(Hahn body)

Elmont NY

1972 Mack CF-685

in my neck of the woods

George Murphy's back, awesome!!!

Great photos...Thanks for Posting.  Any shots of Bellmore apparatus? (Saw the Maxim F of 605 in the background of one of the photos).  Thanks

Not to high jack this threa but I saw elmonts tractor for their tiller being towed today on the New Jersey turnpike north which looked like all the batteries and what not were pulled from it but other than that looked pretty good
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]