Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toneslider's 2014 Apparatus Photos
Wheeled Coach and Road Rescue are the same animal diferent name both are made in Winter Park, Fla at the same facility

Road Rescue is now made there in 2003 they were made in MN  today WHEELED COACH, ROAD RESCUE, McCoy MILLER, and MARQUE are all in one building

So is Cunningham getting a new ambulance for 61.
Quote:So is Cunningham getting a new ambulance for 61.

Yes, right now Medic 61 has a F-350/MedTec and will get a new bus next year with a gasoline engine. Cunningham is going to gasoline engines for all their medics and staff vehicles starting this year due to deisel issues.  M61 was running call to call so I wasn't able to get an updated photo yesterday but here's one from a few years ago...

Great shots I look forward to seeing more Popcorn

Work load has been in conducive to buffing but I'll have some more apparatus photos next week.  Today during training I was able to capture the ARFF units at the Front Range Airport near Watkins, CO.  Front Range is practically in the shadow of Denver International Airport and only has general aviation aircraft traffic.  Bennett Fire Rescue hard staffed the airport last year and only ran 6 on site calls... So staffing was dropped.  

When an air alert incident occurs, airport management & maintenance personnel will staff ARFF 2.  This rig is located adjacent to the main terminal / airport office.  ARFF 2 is a 1984 GMC 3500 4x4 / E\-One with 500 gpm pump, 200 gallon water tank, 20 gallons of foam and 350 lbs of dry chem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On the far east end of the airport is a larger garage that houses snow plows, fuel tenders and the bigger crash truck.  Bennett Fire will respond from one of their two stations and pick up this unit if an aircraft alert occurs.  ARFF 1 operates this 1992 E\-One Titan 1500 gallon tank / 1250 gpm pump at 4600 rpm / 200 gallons of foam with 500 pounds of dry chemical. ARFF 1 is equipped with three under truck nozzles rated at 17 GPM, a roof turret that has a water, foam and dry chemical discharge as well as a bumper turret that can be used with water or foam. This unit originally operated at the Yampa Valley Regional Airport near Hayden, Colorado.

My annual fall photography trip was cut short by thick clouds, snow and high winds.  Although not ideal for shooting, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to photograph some of Crested Butte, Colorado's unique apparatus. 

Ladder 1

2004 HME / Rosenbauer 4x4 with a Metz 105' aerial.  It features a pre-piped water way on the first fly with a gate valve.  Chimney fire kits, saws and monitors are kept in the roof storage bins.  This unit is housed at Fire Station 2 near the ski area.

A slightly different angle and camera settings.  Lighting and precipitation made good photos a challenge.

Engine 1

2004 HME / Rosenbauer 4x4 with a 1000 gpm pump, 750 gallon water tank & 40 gallon foam tank.  This unit features a bumper mounted turret with pump & roll capability and a mid-ship light tower.  There are receiver hitches for a winch and anchors for rope rescue on each side of the rig.  It responds from Fire Station 1 in the historic district of Crested Butte.

Rescue 1

2007 International / General 4x4 with a 100 gallon water tank and a high pressure pump.  A light tower and four side receiver hitches & rope anchors are on this rig too.  It also responds from the Downtown Crested Butte Station 1. 

Tender 1

2009 International / Rosenbauer 4x4 with a 500 gpm pump and 2,000 gallon water tank.  This unit is housed at Fire Station 4 in a residential community with an airstrip for the homeowners who are pilots.

Engine 2

2004 HME / Rosenbauer 4x4 with a 1,000 gpm pump, 750 gallon water tank & 40 gallon foam tank.  This unit housed near the Mount Crested Butte Ski Area... There are some snow flakes in this one.

This one was a real enjoyment to listen to as the Detroit Diesel fired up.

Engine 5

1978 E\-One / Spartan with a 1,500 gpm pump & 1,000 gallon water tank.  This is the last year E5 will be in service as it continues to struggle with passing pump testing.

Engine 5 is housed at the Mount Crested Butte Ski Area and used as a reserve & parade pumper. 

Last one... Engine 5 with a view of the scenery.

Quote:This one was a real enjoyment to listen to as the Detroit Diesel fired up.

Engine 5

1978 E-One / Spartan with a 1,500 gpm pump & 1,000 gallon water tank.  This is the last year E5 will be in service as it continues to struggle with passing pump testing.
[Image: attachicon.gif]<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=322952">FPE5.JPG</a>

Great shots, Eric! Really beautiful country...I miss it sometimes.

That rig is very interesting. I'm curious why a dual rear axle with only 1,000 gallons... Any idea on the front corner bracket? Q? Mars 888?

BTW - I should have an email coming your way tomorrow.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:Great shots, Eric! Really beautiful country...I miss it sometimes.

That rig is very interesting. I'm curious why a dual rear axle with only 1,000 gallons... Any idea on the front corner bracket? Q? Mars 888?

BTW - I should have an email coming your way tomorrow.

Thanks.  I'm certainly not a weight distribution expert but I also wondered about the tandem axle set up without dual wheels.  I think this is the first time I've seen that on an engine.  I also wonder about the bracket and the young volunteer who moved the rigs around didn't know what used to be on it.  There are two small bolt holes toward the front of the mount but no footprint lines left from what ever was there.  It would have been a pretty tight fit for a Q, but one could have probably fit there.  I was thinking from that late 70's era a Mars light could have been it too.

Quote:My annual fall photography trip was cut short by thick clouds, snow and high winds.  Although not ideal for shooting, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to photograph some of Crested Butte, Colorado's unique apparatus. 

Ladder 1

2004 HME / Rosenbauer 4x4 with a Metz 105' aerial.  It features a pre-piped water way on the first fly with a gate valve.  Chimney fire kits, saws and monitors are kept in the roof storage bins.  This unit is housed at Fire Station 2 near the ski area.

[Image: attachicon.gif]FPL1.JPG
Carrabassett Valley in Maine has a very similar unit, about the same age too, 4x4 as well, but their body was built by V-Tec and I think they have a pump and a very small water tank, I want to say 150 gallons....after seeing that unit I'd never think I'd see a unit like that again, guess I was wrong.    Also, on Engine 5, is it possible that bracket was for a bell?  I was originally thinking mars light but its only on one side so that would have been odd.  Great photos
   I have seen tandem singles on a few rigs and here were the thoughts behind them:

1. Lakes Fire Company, Medford Township, NJ - On an Imperial for flotation on soft ground.

2. Beech Mountain, NC - On an International Cargostar/Howe for improved braking on mountain roads.

3. Marshalls Creek, PA - On a Ford N/American for improved braking on mountain roads.

4. Saint Johns County, FL - On a Kenworth T-800/Pierce for flotation on soft ground.

5. USAF - On International Paystar 5000/KME P-18's for flotation on soft ground.

I would guess that it's more likely the braking ability on the Crested Butte rig.