1500/500/60F

#M-1590

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last one.....

Mini Pumper 51

2009 Ford/Southeastern Apparatus Sales

250/250

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I guess I've really never thought about it until I've noticed so many lately, but why is it that most airport mini pumpers/etc. don't have light bars on them, rather a visor light in the windshield?

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1340779885' post='490418']

I guess I've really never thought about it until I've noticed so many lately, but why is it that most airport mini pumpers/etc. don't have light bars on them, rather a visor light in the windshield?

Trav!

[/quote]

Parking decks
Hmm, simple answer, never thought about that! Thanks buddy

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1340779885' post='490418']

Trav!

[/quote]

Yes, Parking Decks. I saw this unit at Atlanta Hartsfield the other day dropping off my rental car. As you can see nothing then the body of the truck,
[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1340902412' post='490547']

Yes, Parking Decks. I saw this unit at Atlanta Hartsfield the other day dropping off my rental car. As you can see nothing then the body of the truck,

[/quote]

Funny story about one of those Mini's. Not long after MP-44 was put into service, it responded to a car fire in one of the older decks that could be considered "tight". They used most of their water putting it out. When they tried to leave, they couldn't get out because the rig was taller without the weight of the water. They had to lay a supply line to refill where they were to get the rig out of the parking deck!

Did you drop your car off at CONRAC?
[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1340917196' post='490566']

Funny story about one of those Mini's. Not long after MP-44 was put into service, it responded to a car fire in one of the older decks that could be considered "tight". They used most of their water putting it out. When they tried to leave, they couldn't get out because the rig was taller without the weight of the water. They had to lay a supply line to refill where they were to get the rig out of the parking deck!

Did you drop your car off at CONRAC?

[/quote]

Yes, 11, 23 44 and 51 are al basically the same except for the airport units are crew cab and they have a foam tank. All done by SAS.
[quote name='Shoe' timestamp='1346258652' post='496805']

Yes, 11, 23 44 and 51 are al basically the same except for the airport units are crew cab and they have a foam tank. All done by SAS.

[/quote]

OOOPPS!, Check that! 44 is an older generation with roll-up doors. I don't know who manufactured 44.
SAS built MP-11, 23, 50 and 51. MP-44 was built by Custom Works, the same folks that built the Command rig.
Heads-Up! If you haven't already heard... They are putting another yearbook together.
Thanks for the update Shoe.,... Will keep my eyes and ears open for it...
Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Where can the year book be purchased;can you please post info