Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD
This was delivered to the shops the other day. This is the best pics I could get of it and I have no info on it other than it is Bomb Unit 700.

Attached Files Image(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

It's a 2011 Spartan/Rosenbauer (General). 2-man cab, 2-man command area, space and ramps for two robots, dressing area is transverse to the command area, generator, Will-Burt light tower, video camera on a mast, awnings.

Here's an outdoor shot of it taken a few days ago:

[Image: 1173609479_g64Bd-O.jpg]

Similar units are going to PGFD, Metro PD, Virginia State Police, Loudoun, and Arlington.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Good photo....really good.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
I didn't even know the surrounding jurisdictions fire departments provided bomb squad services. They must have to undergo some serious training for those positions. Great photo of the new unit.
Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
[quote name='DCpsychwardFD' timestamp='1297391766' post='424611']

I didn't even know the surrounding jurisdictions fire departments provided bomb squad services. They must have to undergo some serious training for those positions. Great photo of the new unit.

[/quote]

PG and Montgomery Cty Fire have been doing Bomb Squad work for years. I've seen them as early as the mid 1980s with Bomb Techs.
Its a Central body built in the South Dakota plant.

[/quote]

Annapolis City Fire Department handles the bomb squad duties for Annapolis City and Anne Arundel County.
Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com

[/quote]

Roy,

The Fire Investigators in PG & Mont Co handle the Bomb duties. And Yes they do a lot of training.
"RIP" Brothers Carter,Phillips,Matthews,Robinson & McRae!!
Besides Montgomery & Prince Georges Counties, who else got one of these. I thought I read somewhere that there were a few others that were supposed to get one of these Bomb Units.

Thanks
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='rescueff' timestamp='1297535942' post='424854']

Besides Montgomery & Prince Georges Counties, who else got one of these. I thought I read somewhere that there were a few others that were supposed to get one of these Bomb Units.

[/quote]

Virginia State Police, Loudoun County, Arlington County, and Metro PD.
Taylor Goodman
[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1297536190' post='424856']

[/quote]

Arlington County was the executive agent and lead on the purchase.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='Roto-Ray' timestamp='1297536190' post='424856']

[/quote]

Thanks. Stupid question but Does Metro PD run around the DC area? Where in the state of Virginia will the State Police Bomb unit run out of?
PA Fire Apparatus Rosters & News:
https://www.facebook.com/fireapparatusnews
[quote name='rescueff' timestamp='1297546744' post='424908']

Thanks. Stupid question but Does Metro PD run around the DC area? Where in the state of Virginia will the State Police Bomb unit run out of?

[/quote]

The VSP unit will be based out of the Northern Virginia area. And Metro PD is the name of the primary law enforcement agency in the District, there's no "DCPD" per se.

Each of the seven VSP divisions has their own EOD teams, but this is the only Division with a truck of this size.
Taylor Goodman
[color="#ff0000"][size="4"]Get In, Sit Down, Hold On and Shut Up[/size][/color]
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
I have a few questions for the Montgomery experts. How many engines are assigned to Burtonsville. I know that they had two Pierce engines, but I saw their Crimson pumper on a fire the other day. Secondly, what are the current truck locations, I undertstand that there have been or will be changes.
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
[quote name='jshippey' timestamp='1298495461' post='426652']

I have a few questions for the Montgomery experts. How many engines are assigned to Burtonsville. I know that they had two Pierce engines, but I saw their Crimson pumper on a fire the other day. Secondly, what are the current truck locations, I undertstand that there have been or will be changes.

[/quote]

Burtonsville has two, the county has a Crimson placed their for a total of 3.

Towers 3, 5, 8, 18, 19, 23, 34, 35.

Trucks 6, 10, 15, 16, 25, 31, 40.

Do the career personnel staff volunteer apparatus?
Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
[quote name='jshippey' timestamp='1298498300' post='426655']

Do the career personnel staff volunteer apparatus?

[/quote]

Not at 15 anymore.