Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPD
NYPD Harbor unit, on the Hudson River today for the parade of ships to start Fleet Week NY.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

NYPD Harbor Launch 9 with the USS New York in the background, Hudson River, Fleet Week NY 2011.

Scott

[quote name='jlg1875' timestamp='1304313734' post='437709']

IIRC, once taken out of service, the NYPD's old ESU trucks are able to be "acquired" by other law enforcement agencies like Mt. Vernon and Nassau County have. Don't think there are any serving in the fire service, as they are really custom built for PD operations (gun lockers, etc.), however, a recently retired Port Authority of NY and NJ ESU "big" truck was put in service by the Tarrytown, NY FD.

[/quote]

This got me to thinking... Kiryas Joel FD has (or had) Truck 6's old 1986 Ford C/Saulsbury. A picture of it in FD service is also on Mike Martinelli's site under in the "Other States" section under Orange County NY.
NYPD Nissan Altima assigned to Transit District 11 (underneath Yankee Stadium)

ESU REP

Are those CAT lights on the roof?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Command Buses taken back in January...

X-Ray vehicle...

ESU Truck One taken back in January

ESS 1

ESS 8 on Wall Street in January

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='NSWESP' timestamp='1309516126' post='446327']

[/quote]

This has always bothered me and I never found out, what is that high compartment on the "PO" "EMERGE"?
These shots were taken the week of St. Pattys Day of 2010. Sorry, just got around to posting them. I had the very unique and super rare chance to tour the combined NYPD/FDNY dispatch center. It pays to know people!!! For obvious security reasons I won't post some of the inside pics or the location. Being a 911 dispatcher myself, this was a chance of a lifetime. It was still under construction with the final few tweaks before it went totally live. The day I was there they were doing some final testing using only Queens for tests.

I took pictures of PD and FD things as I ran across them. Sorry if they have been posted before.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
MORE

Attached Files Image(s)

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI