Kansas City area fire apparatus
Quote:Northwest Missouri State Region H Haz-Mat Response Team

St. Joseph, Missouri

Haz-Mat 1

10/2003

#3081-128001

Ford F550/ E-One-Superior

Walk-In Rescue Body

Note: Tagged as an E-One on exterior. Build plate build by Superior the E-One Canadian subsidiary.

[Image: IMG_9540-L.jpg]

I forgot to mention, this is a completely volunteer response team. They have three locations. Location 1 is in St. Joseph at the Region H headquarters, Location 2 is at the Cameron, MO Fire Department, and Location 3 is at the Chillicothe, MO Fire Department. The team is made up by firefighters and non firefighters from the region. The St. Joseph and Chillicothe teams are full Haz-Mat response and the Cameron team is for Decon and support.  
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, Kansas Fire Department

Pumper 92 (Training)

Ex Pumper 8

Freightliner FL70/ E\-One Town and Country

1250/1000

Diesel/ Auto

Purchased new when the Town of Piper was annexed into KCK in 1992. Piper TWP Volunteer Fire Department was disbanded and KCKFD acquired their fire apparatus and fire house. KCKFD reestablished Pumper 8 in the Piper TWP Fire House. Pumper 8 was originally disbanded in the early 1980's. This machine was not a favorite and did not match any of the KCKFD custom fleet. It was needed for the 1000gwt and was a very basic purchase even without the KCK standard Federal Q2b. Originally the new 8's was rural. The area has rapidly built up since the opening of the Kansas Speedway. After serving at Pumper 8 it was moved to Reserve Pumper 92. Due to its popularity with the engine companies it has been assigned to training.  

[Image: IMG_9716-L.jpg]

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4

Brush Buggy 6

Shop#6442

1996/ 1996

Ford F-350/ Hays Fire Equipment Skid Unit

250/250

4x4

Gas V8/ Auto

One of two skid units purchased in 1996 from Hays Fire Equipment. The other skid is in Brush Buggy 7. The department added the high-side cabinets in house too both brush buggies. 

[Image: IMG_9706-L.jpg]

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Overland Park, Kansas Fire Department

Engine 430

#E2843-01

11/1985

Pierce Dash

1500/500

Detroit Diesel/ Automatic

one of four purchased.

Note: Used for training only at Overland Park Fire Training Center removed from active reserve in 2000. Also used by the Johnson County Community College Fire Acadmey for training fire cadets. 

[Image: IMG_9754-L.jpg]

I have located two more of the four. 

E2843-02 is in Ozawkie, Kansas

unknown# is in Maysville, MO ex Camden Point, MO

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
The new Kansas City, Kansas Fire Department Quint 6 (truck) has arrived. In Kansas City, Kansas Pumpers and Quints are ALS in the Fire Alarm CAD system. The three remaining Truck companies are BLS. Due to CAD programing the new Truck must be called Quint. This is because Quint 6 is standalone and must be recognized as an ALS first responder. Future Plans call for adding the long over due Pumper 6 as a new company and reclassifying Quint 6 as Truck 6 and moving it to BLS status. Although called Quint 6 there has been a long time need for a 100ft Aerial truck company on the west side of the city since Truck 2 and Truck 19 were closed fifteen and twenty years ago replaced with sub standard 75ft Quints. Interesting sad note both Fire House 2 and 19 were double company with Pumper and Truck then became Pumper and Quint and then the Pumpers were removed and only Quints remained.

Quint 6 (Truck)

09-2013

Pierce Dash CF PUC

1500/300

100ft Tower Ladder 

[Image: IMG_9928-L.jpg]

A quick history The original Fire House 6 closed in the late 1980's in the Armordale section of Kansas City, Kansas. When Fire House 6 was reestablished near the Kansas Speedway ten years ago no new company was created due to budget concerns. The double company of Pumper 2, Quint 2 (ex Truck 2), and Haz-Mat 2, Haz-Mat Support 2 housed at Fire House 2 was split. Pumper 2 and Haz-Mat 2 moved to Fire House 3 and became Pumper 3 Haz-Mat 3. Pumper 3 moved to Fire House 19 and became Pumper 19, Quint 19 moved to the new Fire House 6 and became Quint 6. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
^ sharp looking truck!

Very clean looking rig! More KCK rigs Rick!

Andy Thomas
Wichita Fire Dept. Photographer

Webmaster for:
KansasFireTrucks.com
Quote:Very clean looking rig! More KCK rigs Rick!

I was told to expect four new machines this next year. A pumper tanker combo for Pumper 8 replacing the current Tanker 8 and Pumper 8. Two new pumpers and a new Air Wagon. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
I see on the Pierce Flickr page that Overland Park is getting a new International 4x4 rescue type truck.

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Quote:I see on the Pierce Flickr page that Overland Park is getting a new International 4x4 rescue type truck.

Yes it is under lock and key at the fire training center. It is a quad agent unit, foam A & B, Halatron, Dry Chem, Cardox. Even has a CAFS system for some reason. It has a cascade and light tower. It is 4x4 extended cab with middle jump seat and fold down officer seat. No Q siren which is odd. It does have a bumper turret. It is extremely unique as overland park is mainly residential and retail commercial. They do have some light industry-warhouses and quite a lot of major highway. They have a small section of the KCS rail road in the very southern part of there city and they have no air port. It is replacing the 1994 Freightliner/ Hesse beverage truck with rear command module Haz-Mat 41. Overland Park said the new unit must be called Rescue 41 due to the equipment carried for the county CAD system. I will have a photo soon. Each time I have been teaching at the fire academy the last few weeks it was unable to be moved outside due weather and lack of driver at the training center. 

Olathe also has a solid red four door version on order on an FL chassis with Pierce body. Olathe is quite the opposite as there is a large oil/ gasoline storage facility, grease plant, air port in the city an air port adjacent to the city, heavy-med-light industry, interstate, BNSF rail way consisting of the Santa Fe rail lines and Burlington Northern rail lines. It deffently will serve the city well. We are selling our 1996 FL/E-One pumper-foam tanker in favor of a new Pierce Contender tanker for Tender 7 and this Pierce quad agent unit. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
With Halloween approaching Olathe, Kansas has retired Reserve Engine 13 affectionally called Christine. Originally assigned as Engine 3 then transferred to Engine 4 then to Reserve Engine 13 . Engine 4's crew designed this custom decal to adorned the interior of the cab next to the seldom used electronic siren. The Q2b siren on this machine sound is unlike any others i have heard. We always joke the headlights flash just like the car in the movie.

Engine 13 (Reserve) Ex: E3, E4

Shop#61013

01-2003

E\-One Cyclone II

1250/500/30fb

Cummins/ Auto

[Image: IMG_9505-L.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9501-L.jpg]

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Quote: 

Yes it is under lock and key at the fire training center. It is a quad agent unit, foam A & B, Halatron, Dry Chem, Cardox. Even has a CAFS system for some reason. It has a cascade and light tower. It is 4x4 extended cab with middle jump seat and fold down officer seat. No Q siren which is odd. It does have a bumper turret. It is extremely unique as overland park is mainly residential and retail commercial. They do have some light industry-warhouses and quite a lot of major highway. They have a small section of the KCS rail road in the very southern part of there city and they have no air port. It is replacing the 1994 Freightliner/ Hesse beverage truck with rear command module Haz-Mat 41. Overland Park said the new unit must be called Rescue 41 due to the equipment carried for the county CAD system. I will have a photo soon. Each time I have been teaching at the fire academy the last few weeks it was unable to be moved outside due weather and lack of driver at the training center. 

Olathe also has a solid red four door version on order on an FL chassis with Pierce body. Olathe is quite the opposite as there is a large oil/ gasoline storage facility, grease plant, air port in the city an air port adjacent to the city, heavy-med-light industry, interstate, BNSF rail way consisting of the Santa Fe rail lines and Burlington Northern rail lines. It deffently will serve the city well. We are selling our 1996 FL/E-One pumper-foam tanker in favor of a new Pierce Contender tanker for Tender 7 and this Pierce quad agent unit. 
I have a picture of Rescue 41 if you would like me to post.
Quote:I have a picture of Rescue 41 if you would like me to post.
Yes
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Kansas City Regional

Operated by Kansas City, Missouri Fire Department KCFD.

Fire House 14

Command Van 2

06/2004

#15324 (Stock)

Pierce Lance/ LDV

DD Series 60/ Allison 4000 EVS

Purchased as stock unit from Pierce with DHS funds. Can be requested by any Kansas City metro jursidiction. White is a neutral color for any agency with the red and black stripes. Command Van 2 will sub when Command Van 1 is down for routine maintenance. Command Van 2 is housed at Fire House 14 with Pumper 14 and Car 103 on the very northeast side of the city near Liberty, Missouri.

KCFD still operates Command Van 1 at Fire House 47. Command Van 1 is a 1994 IH/LDV white over red and is the primary fire department command bus.  

[Image: IMG_9220-L.jpg]

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Quote:Yes
Please share

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Overland Park, Kansas Fire Department's NEW Rescue 41    

Overland Park, Kansas Fire Department's NEW Rescue 41

I saw this during the final inspection on our pumper. It is a different layout. It has a third seat in the cab like the responders. Not a lot of compartment space since it has all the agent systems in it.

Quote:I saw this during the final inspection on our pumper. It is a different layout. It has a third seat in the cab like the responders. Not a lot of compartment space since it has all the agent systems in it.

Chief, yes it is unique and a lot of travel height. I agree from looking it over not much space. I was told that is why the coffin compartments were added on top of the body.

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
For years the fire shop has specced the fire apparatus in Kansas City, Kansas. This has lead to some interesting purchases from out of the ordinary vendors. Two of these BME Muti Stage Vehicles were purchased for Pumper 8 and Pumper 17. They have small fire houses with depth issues. Both have high side high side bodies with through the tank ladders making for a taller than normal hose bed. These are the only two staffed units in the department with out Federal Q2b sirens. Instead they have dual PA300 electronic sirens. The siren decision was made by the shop as all machines before and after have Federal Q2b sirens. Interesting note both Haz-Mat 3 and Haz-Mat Support 2 have matching FL/E-Ones with a PA300 and eQ2b, Foam 10 has dual PA300 sirens, and the original Wheeled Coach ambulance order ten years ago only had e2Qb's no standard electronic siren. The firemen call these HME SFO BME Tonka Trucks, I call them Hot Wheels. BME is extremely rare in this part of the county. Kansas City, Kansas has these and two standard urban HME 1871/ BME pumpers. They returned to HME/ Ferrera after the HME/ BME experiment and have since moved back to Pierce. The SFO is fitting for Pumper 17 as they were the last of the fleet of six 1984 Pierce Suburban (Ford C8000) pumpers. 

Pumper 17 (one of two)

05-2005

HME SFO/ BME Muti Stage Vehicle

1250/1000   

[Image: IMG_9787-XL.jpg]

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4