Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Southern California Small cities
Quote:Is the aerial strapped down?
Don't know if its strapped or just setting on a cradle
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Quote:Don't know if its strapped or just setting on a cradle
I was wondering if anyone was going to catch it.  It's strapped down.  The only thing I can figure is that it's a very low ceiling and they're afraid that the aerial might creep up.  Of course, stupid me I didn't ask.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
A couple more rigs I caught in Redlands.

Redlands Brush 261 - 2006 IHC/BME 400/500/20a? BME S/N 1855920

On the day I was there, this rig was running in place of Engine 261 (Seagrave), which had been taken out of service.  There were no reserve engines available, so they were using this brush engine.

I was told they're waiting on two new engines; unknown on make (Pierce was speculated) or when they are scheduled to arrive.

The short front ramp dumps right out onto Redlands Blvd, which is really busy, so I didn't ask them to pull it out.

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Redlands Reserve Medic Squad 261

1999 Ford F-450/Westates

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

The San Gabriel Fire Dept will be purchasing a new 2014 Pierce Quantuam Engine in the amount of $586,995, This rig will replace Engine 51 a 2003 Pierce Quantuam.
The Monrovia Fire Dept has officially changed there name to the Monrovia Fire & Rescue Dept. All apparatus are receiving new decals.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coderdecals...monrovia1/
[Image: 033_zpsf5266d41.jpg]

Engine 101 with it's new decals.
[Image: 001_zps392611ee.jpg]

Monrovia Engine 102 with it's new graphics.
[Image: 022_zps22ff27e7.jpg]

Patrol 101.
[Image: IMG_8288_zpsfa2f64cb.jpg]

Alhambra Truck 71

[Image: DSC04885_zpsfb625ad6.jpg]

Monterey Park E61, While responding to a reported house fire this afternoon in Monterey Park these two units collided with each other injuring several firefighter's and civilians when Engine 61 crashed into a restaurant.
I may have missed this at some point; how many stations (or trucks) does Monrovia run with?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
2 Station's with 2 Engine's 1 truck 1 Paramedic Squad 1 BC, Water Tender, Brush Patrol and OES Engine manned when needed.
[Image: 084_zps81ff87d7.jpg]

Arcadia Engine 105 in a reserve Pierce Arrow with new LED lighting.
[Image: 037_zps7fd3795b.jpg]

"New" Reserve Truck for Pasadena.
Monrovia, is this a' new used truck' or is it truck 31 with a new lighting package

Quote:Monrovia, is this a' new used truck' or is it truck 31 with a new lighting package
It's a new reserve the department was in need of a reserve truck, There KME Tiller quint was a shop queen and they had an older Seagrave that was get was getting up their in years.
Glendale FD Engine 23 ran this beauty from the mid 70s into the early 90s. Called "The Batmobile" due to their station nicknamed the "Bat Cave".

I believe it was a 1500/500 config.

Attached Files Image(s)

Vernon Truck 1

Photo taken 1982-83.

Ford/Van Pelt/Hi Ranger.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:[Image: 037_zps7fd3795b.jpg]

"New" Reserve Truck for Pasadena.
Wow where is it from??
The Monrovia Fire Dept will be purchasing two nee triple combination type 1 fire engine's from KME in the amount of $1,058,300.00,

The department will also be having KME remount Squad 101 on a dodge chassis, Squad 101 was involved a in a Traffic coliison the Ford chassis was deemed totaled.