Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD
Quote:Should be one of these going to the District of Columbia as well.  Any other jurisdictions getting them?  Marshall what unit number is on the side of the Fairfax rig?

I think PG got one painted black like their new emergency communications rig
Quote:I think PG got one painted black like their new emergency communications rig
Disregard, the shaddow in the photo I saw made it look really dark.  It is in the new PGFD color scheme.
Quote:Should be one of these going to the District of Columbia as well.  Any other jurisdictions getting them?  Marshall what unit number is on the side of the Fairfax rig?
D.C.'s and P.G.'s should be here next week, 414 Shoop.
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Quote:D.C.'s and P.G.'s should be here next week, 414 Shoop.
week, 414 Shoop.

I figured it would be 414 the only station that has room. There is also a curtain side tri axle box truck with a hitchhiker forklift set up hanging around the FXCO North shop. Will the other COG areas get one of these two?? Is the a UASI deal on these units?
Quote:week, 414 Shoop.

I figured it would be 414 the only station that has room. There is also a curtain side tri axle box truck with a hitchhiker forklift set up hanging around the FXCO North shop. Will the other COG areas get one of these two?? Is the a UASI deal on these units?
I heard something about another truck because they wanted the hitchhiker on these trucks but it would have made them too heavy. I'll check when I go back to work.

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Quote:week, 414 Shoop.

So that maybe a Fairfax thing, we have not heard of any second truck with the hitchhiker.

Montgomery County is looking for a truck to put one on, but we don’t think it

is part of the UASI deal.

Thanks for the info guys. Where will Montgomery County keep theirs at? I'm guessing PG's will go to 806 and the DC unit should go to Station 15.
Quote:Now at C.M.F.
Obviously for technical rescue, are these units primarily collapse rigs?  Any idea if they came equipped as part of the order?  The UASI Metro USAR Strike Team rigs here in NJ were identical except painted / lettered for each agency, with a standard equipment package (some departments added some apparatus options at their own expense).  Curious what these rigs look like inside.

Any idea who made the box and outfitted the trucks for emergency service?

Thanks,

Gary
I'm going out on a limb and thinking Alexandrias Box Truck for 206 is going to replace the old light & air 207 pulling a trailer thats been sitting on the side of their station for a while. Although Im curious if it will fit on 206 or maybe end up 210 when opened?

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:I'm going out on a limb and thinking Alexandrias Box Truck for 206 is going to replace the old light & air 207 pulling a trailer thats been sitting on the side of their station for a while. Although Im curious if it will fit on 206 or maybe end up 210 when opened?
Tim,

I'm with you on that, I really don't think it will fit at 206......probably right about going to 210 when it's finished

Chris
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
I'm not sure where the others are going, but Montgomery's will be at 31. Equipment funds were included. The boxes will be set up by the individual jurisdictions. The boxes were designed to fit height restrictions in one of the houses, but I don't remember which one it was.
As far as Collapse/Technical Rescue Rigs in Fairfax goes - I know they are due to receive a new Heavy Rescue soon, which I would guess would go to 14 to replace their hand me down from 26 (and not really large enough to be a Tech Rescue Squad IMO). What about 39? With all the intense restructuring of the entire Tyson's area it seems that 39 (being the closest Tech-Rescue house) would get it. Rescue 1 is closer, but a Hazmat complement Squad. Any feedback welcome!

When they Move TA442 to 42, 39 will have a free bay again so who knows. But since the 1 Box Truck is already marked 414, maybe the 2nd one seen with the piggyback forklist will end up there, although i figured it would go to 18 to replace the pod truck?

Quick question. Do ladder trucks in Montgomery carry hydraulic extrication equipment?
Quote:Quick question. Do ladder trucks in Montgomery carry hydraulic extrication equipment?

The T.D.A.s do, not the straight trucks or towers.

Thanks brother.
Quote:When they Move TA442 to 42, 39 will have a free bay again so who knows. But since the 1 Box Truck is already marked 414, maybe the 2nd one seen with the piggyback forklist will end up there, although i figured it would go to 18 to replace the pod truck?
That poor (but ballsy) POD at 18…. sitting outside all alone in the cold rain and snow. Sniff, sniff….
Fire station 18 will be rebuilt in the next couple of years so I would not be surprised if the hitchhiker goes there. The new station will be done in the next 4 years from what I have heard and will be two stories to accommodate all rigs the county has. 

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Quote:Fire station 18 will be rebuilt in the next couple of years so I would not be surprised if the hitchhiker goes there. The new station will be done in the next 4 years from what I have heard and will be two stories to accommodate all rigs the county has. 
Is this discussion about Fairfax 18 or Montco 18?
Quote:Is this discussion about Fairfax 18 or Montco 18?
Fairfax 18 without a doubt. I'm just curious where they're gonna build the new one!