Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
Quote:Tarentum

Rescue 2

1972 Dodge

April, 1973.

no other information
This had a reading body on it. a lot of the work on it was in house by members of the fire co. Was the first rescue squad for Eureka. Now run a 357 Pete/Kenco..BOB HEUSER
Quote:WOW,,,, I an Bob Heuser... thats one of my old slides. LOL

Amazing how much the internet links the world together now! Do you mind if I keep posting these slides?
Quote: 

Amazing how much the internet links the world together now! Do you mind if I keep posting these slides?
No.. Please do!
Quote:Engine 3, North Braddock, PA, aka "Papa Grape"

1967 Ward LaFrance P75-1000GM-5

1000/500

Spec #75-07

The P75 Series combined the Ultravision cab and WLF body with a General Motors drivetrain and chassis, thereby reducing the cost.  This one was later refurbed with a Mack diesel engine and front axle and, at last report, was sitting in the Keystone Fire Apparatus junkyard.  Only a handful of P75's were built.
dave it was on a mack chassis, i don't remember where my pik of it is at keystone but for sure was a mack front axle  on it

tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Quote:dave it was on a mack chassis, i don't remember where my pik of it is at keystone but for sure was a mack front axle  on it
Tom - Look at the photo that was posted in this thread, it has Budd wheels on the front.  It was built that way on a GM chassis with a GM gas motor.  Later, it was repowered with a Mack diesel and needed a stronger front axle to carry the extra weight, so a Mack axle was used.  I've seen pics of it taken after the repower.
Adams County

Alpha Fire Company - Littlestown

Brush 20

1968 GMC 5500/Bruco

300/300

June,1974

Attached Files Image(s)

York County

Hanover Fire Department

Rescue 46

1971 International 1910/Swab

August, 1973

Attached Files Image(s)

Pittsburgh Fire Department

Engine 29

1973 Mack R600

1250/500

Bob Heuser slide, October, 1973

Attached Files Image(s)

Allegheny County

Ross Township

1973 American LaFrance

100FT RM

Bob Heuser slide, March, 1974

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:York County

Hanover Fire Department

Rescue 46

1971 International 1910/Swab

August, 1973
This just screams SWAB!
Quote:Allegheny County

Ross Township

1973 American LaFrance

100FT RM

Bob Heuser slide, March, 1974
I believe this went to Forrest Hills after Berkeley Hills.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Allegheny County

Harrison Twp FD - <span><span>Natrona Heights</span></span>

<span><span>Rescue 2</span></span>

<span><span>1973 International 1310 Custom/Springfield</span></span>

<span><span>Bob Heuser slide, February, 1974</span></span>

Attached Files Image(s)

Allegheny County

Summit FD? - Tarentum

Engine 3

1954 Seagrave

1000gpm

no other information

Attached Files Image(s)

Allegheny County

Eureka Hose Company- Tarentum

Wagon 2

1970 Ford/Pierce

54' FT Squrt

June, 1973

no other information

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote: 

<div>
Allegheny County

Eureka Hose Company- Tarentum

Wagon 2

1970 Ford/Pierce

54' FT Squrt

June, 1973

no other information

</div>
That's some pretty cool old Allegheny County rigs!

Thanks Bob H. for taking pictures of these way back when and PG for posting them.
Quote:That's some pretty cool old Allegheny County rigs!

Thanks Bob H. for taking pictures of these way back when and PG for posting them.
I'd have to agree and also extend my thanks to both photographer and poster.  That Squrt is still in service, recently refurbed and remounted by Ferrara.
Quote:I'd have to agree and also extend my thanks to both photographer and poster.  That Squrt is still in service, recently refurbed and remounted by Ferrara.

The Squrt was one of the Snorkel Co.Demo Squrts when they first came out with them. Was the 12th. one built. Has been rebuilt and mounted on a Ferrara Intruder Engine..This is the only Squrt built by Ferrara.
Quote:Allegheny County

Summit FD? - Tarentum

Engine 3

1954 Seagrave

1000gpm

no other information
is it my eyes or are they snow chains on the rear duals, looking at the picture there is no visable snow on the ground , landscape or roofs of the homes, in fact the street looks pretty dry
Quote:is it my eyes or are they snow chains on the rear duals, looking at the picture there is no visable snow on the ground , landscape or roofs of the homes, in fact the street looks pretty dry
Cancel your appointment with the eye doctor, those are snow chains.  Can't explain why they are on there..... 
Quote:Cancel your appointment with the eye doctor, those are snow chains.  Can't explain why they are on there..... 
Because here in western PA the forecasts are hardly correct.  After a snow storm and after the public works crews clear the streets, it may be days before the alleys are clear.  Better to have the chains on rather than need them and they were dropped.  Many departments will leave theirs on for  quite a few days just to be sure.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department