Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD
Quote:Well I never got Tw734 or T712 so I guess Is hould go try and get T734 & TW724.
Hurry up before they change them again!
Any idea if Montgomery County will be sticking with Spartan for engines and Pierce for aerials?
Quote:Any idea if Montgomery County will be sticking with Spartan for engines and pierce for aerials?
Yes to all, the contract is still open.
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Montgomery County

Tower 734

Photo taken last Summer

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
Truck 734 inservice at Station 34

2008 Pierce Arrow XT 100' TDA

This is formerly T712 and a former Reserve Truck.

The "4" on the truck is different then the Ambulance and Engine at Station 34 (and the rest of the county). It's one of the first things people notice.

*This photo is a little distorted due to being resized with and uploaded from my phone.*

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower 724 officially went in service at 0700 hours today at Station 24. This restored service of a 4th truck company in the First Battalion. It also restored a 3rd guaranteed truck service since Truck 715 is cross staffed with Rescue Squad 715, making it likely you're getting only one or the other. The only way you get both the truck and rescue squad is if there is enough volunteer staffing (which is very rare in the past year). The restoration of this service is being made in the First Battalion after the county disbanded Truck 712.

Here is a link to a photo of Tower 724 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...1280%2C960

In addition to Tower 724 the county also placed in service Ambulance 732 which will be running out of Station 31 until the completion and opening of the new MCFR Station 32 located at Shady Grove Road and Darnestown Road. In addition to the ambulance Station 32 will house an engine.

The county is purchasing another 3 engines which will be from Spartan ERV and the same spec as the others.

The purchase of a new Tractor Drawn Aerial is possibly going to an open bid process. MCFR is also trying to get more than one new TDA purchased. This is all currently an unknown but a decision will be made in the next couple months. The county is in need of additional trucks especially to help with the reserve fleet. Lately there has been a limited number of reserves available and definite need for additional trucks.
Just recently purchased a 1988 Seagrave HB from a collector in southern PA.  It previously served Kensington as Engine 51, and then 181/718B.  Any photos of it while in service, or as a reserve would be greatly appreciated.  All around photos are needed as well, to see what equipment it had.  Thanks.

Is this the one?

J.Floyd photo,1989

IN THIS 1991 John Floyd PHOTO OF KENSINGTON'S Seagrave FLEET, the 87 & 88 HBs are in the center of the front row (look for 4 cab roof vents and large deck guns), the 87 ran at 18, and the 88 ran at 5 until replaced by a FL/E1.I saw it respond many times while working at University Blvd. and Newport Mill Rd. during the mid-1990s.

Thats it Warren.  Any extra copies of it?

Doc,

Nice Fleet shot! Thanks for sharing..

So here is a small preview of the 3 new Spartan TDAs Montgomery County is about to receive.      
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote: 

<div>So here is a small preview of the 3 new Spartan TDAs Montgomery County is about to receive.[Image: attachicon.gif]25406687474_99292694cb_z.jpg

</div>

This appears to be at the Spartan ER factory, and there's still an ALF in the background? Interesting!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Looks like Miami Dade striping on the door maybe?
It looks to be one of the Miami Dade ALF/LTI 75' quints. I believe the spartan aerial facility was also part of LTI at one point.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
I was at the LTI (LTC) factory in PA last month which is basically in the same parking lot as the Spartan ERV (Crimson), there was 2 Miami Dade ALF 75' quints there last month, one was inside a building having some major work done and another was outside w/ the aerial removed and much of the body torn apart.  I was not able to find out what was going on w/ them but it almost seemed like one was having a major refurbishment and the other was a parts truck for that project, but I am not 100% sure on that.  

A few of the new ambos will be red...

As well a a staff car or two...

Company 17 has a new tanker...

Attached Files Image(s)