Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPD
I have read this on a facebook page june 28 : Congrat's to E\-One and Absolute Fire for the NYPD contract for 8 Custom Stainless Steel Rescue
According to my sources NYPD has a bid out with E\-One for 8 "Rescues" on Cyclone chassis with an add-on for 4 additional units. As of this date the bid has not yet been awarded.

Hope this helps

Regards

Frank
I too had "heard" E\-One won the bid for eight new NYPD ESS Large trucks.
yes, absolute got the bid
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1314067139' post='454068']

yes, absolute got the bid

[/quote]

Any links as to the official news or bid being awarded?

Thanks
[Image: DSC_2959.jpg]

TARU
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
[Image: DSC_2937.jpg]

Comm Cmd Post
[Image: DSC_2957.jpg]

Elevated Tactical Platform
[quote name='FDNY 10-75' timestamp='1318188355' post='459694']

TARU

[/quote]

What is TARU?
Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
[quote name='FiveAlarmPhotography' timestamp='1318192950' post='459753']

What is TARU?

[/quote]

Technical Assistance Response Unit. TARU provides investigative technical equipment and tactical support to all bureaus within the department, in addition they also provide assistance to other City, State and Federal agencies. The unit also deals with several forms of computer forensics.
[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1318211912' post='459812']

Technical Assistance Response Unit. TARU provides investigative technical equipment and tactical support to all bureaus within the department, in addition they also provide assistance to other City, State and Federal agencies. The unit also deals with several forms of computer forensics.

[/quote]

Thank You!

NYPD & NYFD has a ton of speciality units.
Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
Interesting to see a TARU vehicle and hear what they do, I have seen them on TV at the Occupy Wall St protests and all they seem to be doing is videoing protestors. Any idea what they might be doing this for based on your description NJMedic?
Keeping video records of protests help IF the issue goes to Court. By showing acts from the civilians before a confict with PD arrises,or showing the wrong level of force taken by police... kind of a big brother thing...
[quote name='Fireman5230' timestamp='1318958685' post='460874']

Keeping video records of protests help IF the issue goes to Court. By showing acts from the civilians before a confict with PD arrises,or showing the wrong level of force taken by police... kind of a big brother thing...

[/quote]

It will also be evaluated to see if there are any deficiencies is the police response to the demonstration, and if training or planning for future protests need to be updated or changed.
[quote name='FiveAlarmPhotography' timestamp='1318250988' post='459854']

Thank You!

NYPD & NYFD has a ton of speciality units.

[/quote]

That would be the FDNY!!
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1209261476' post='209064']

Assigned to the tactical medics

[/quote]

Does anyone know about NYPD's tactical medics? Are they officers that are medics? From FDNY? Appreciate any info you have.
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
The NYPD Tactical Medics are ESU officers that received Paramedic training - many of them were already EMT's or Medics prior to joining ESU. There have been a few "turf wars" between them and the FDNY and hospital-based EMS units, but for the most part it has worked out well.
Thanks for the info!
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
My oldest hanging outside Yankee Stadium after the Rutgers vs Army game earlier this month.

Blue Bird bus assigned to TMTF (Transit Manhattan Task Force)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)