Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD
Company 15 a new truck...

Attached Files Image(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Rescue company 2 a new squad...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Anything else on order other than the towers from Pierce. I saw at least two last month, one going to Rockville.

Company 40 a brush truck...

Attached Files Image(s)

Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Department

Aerial Tower 740

2017 Pierce Arrow XT 100'

[Image: 35906512804_5b668ef8dc_b.jpg]

Sandy Spring Volunteer FD Aerial Tower 740 by Seth Granville, on Flickr

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Rumor has it that they getting ready to order a bunch of Pierce pumpers...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Quote:Rumor has it that they getting ready to order a bunch of Pierce pumpers...

Terry
Yes Pierce got the new bid.

Any idea on how many they awarded? I know they have 22 planned over the next 6 years? 

Montgomery County (MD) Fire & Rescue
Battalion Chief 701
2017 Ford F-150

Montgomery County (MD) Fire & Rescue Battalion 701 by Seth Granville, on Flickr

[Image: 37268978945_d4398720a0_b.jpg]
Seth Granville
Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad (Montgomery County, MD)

Rescue Squad 742

2016 Seagrave Marauder II / Rescue 1
x635Photos.com

[Image: 37280900042_a16d10d2dc_b.jpg]

Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad 742 by Seth Granville, on Flickr
Seth Granville
Just announced 24 Pierce Enforcers ordered. These are very different than what they have now. These are short wheelbase, low hose bed, awesome looking trucks. What spurred the change in design? Total truck is under 30' with no front bumper extension.

What prompted the change was the Rigs ordered by the Corporations were far superior to the Junk bought by the previous 3 Fire Chiefs. I would guess they liked the DCFD Spec.

Cosgrove 

[color="#ff0000"][size="4"]Get In, Sit Down, Hold On and Shut Up[/size][/color]
Kensington Volunteer Fire Department
Montgomery County, Maryland
Engine 705
2017 Pierce Arrow XT
Detroit Diesel DD13 525HP Motor
1500 GPM Waterous Pump / 750 Gallon Booster Tank / 25 Gallon Foam Tank
Pierce Job # 31343

Seth Granville
So the vendor was returning one of our spare TDA's today when this happened, there where on injuries. It was old truck 725 a 2009 Pierce.        

(11-15-2018, 10:22 PM)Tillerman1664 Wrote: So the vendor was returning one of our spare TDA's today when this happened, there where on injuries. It was old truck 725 a 2009 Pierce.

Looks like it was a little bumpy considering the tractor and trailer are uncoupled and one is facing up and the other down! Glad driver was ok...

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
(11-18-2018, 10:07 PM)dawson_fire Wrote: [quote='Tillerman1664' pid='215807' dateline='1542334923']
So the vendor was returning one of our spare TDA's today when this happened, there where on injuries. It was old truck 725 a 2009 Pierce.

Looks like it was a little bumpy considering the tractor and trailer are uncoupled and one is facing up and the other down! Glad driver was ok...

Terry

I was thinking the same thing Terry, that was quite a feat!

So this is up on the Pierce website...

https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-...mper-32088

MCFR has a bit of new apparatus coming in the near future.

I'll start with these 4 commercial brush Engines by Rosenbauer.  14441-44-montgomery-county-fire-rescue-services

They are replacing the old Internationals at 13, 14, 17 and one will go to 22. The old units will be disposed of because of age.

Attached Files Image(s)

The next 3 of the 24 Pierce Engines are in post preduction and will be asigned to 18, 26, 31.

All reserve engines will be Crimsons by the end of 2019 and each Battalion will have one station keeping their Crimson for CAFS.

Two Tankers were placed in service at station 13 and 31. They were built by UST Patriot through FESCO on Freightliners.

http://www.fescosales.com/gallery-more-i...le_id=3008

The Tanker at 31 went into reserve fleet and the old Freightliner tankers that served 14 and 17 will be disposed of because of age.

Funding for 3 new Rescue Squads has been secured and are in the engineering phase and will be going to 3, 17, and 29.
2 of the current 3 will go into reserve fleet, and the third as well as the Spartan that has the body from the old BCC Kenworth that was recked and remounted will be disposed of. Burtonsville VFD is also engineering a new RS. 

15 new Ambulances are also being built.

The wrecked TDA that is posted above will get repaired and sent to the academy as Truck 727.

Any idea when new aerials will be purchased?