Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Somerville M2.

A Chevy pick up with Lacey body. Stationed at HQ.

Attached Files Image(s)

Brookline Ladder 1 giving the aerial a morning workout

Attached Files Image(s)

Waltham Lighting Plant--Is this former Cumberland,RI engine? It sure does look like it. They had their engine refurbed by Burt's garage somewhere around 1999, I think. They had the same warning lights as the Waltham's truck.

AZ Dave
[quote name='E1Fan' post='11092' date='Jul 17 2006, 20:22 ']Waltham Lighting Plant--Is this former Cumberland,RI engine? It sure does look like it. They had their engine refurbed by Burt's garage somewhere around 1999, I think. They had the same warning lights as the Waltham's truck.

AZ Dave[/quote]

It is former Cumberland Hill RI Engine 42.

-John P.
Somerville Tower Ladder 1 on Cambridge Street in Alston(just feet from Boston Engine 41's quarters).

The second such Somerville unit I've seen there, last May Engine 3 was there. Any local have an idea why they would be out in Alston outside of coverage???

Attached Files Image(s)

Thats what I thought. Thanks John P.

AZ Dave
[quote name='efin98' post='11369' date='Jul 18 2006, 14:49 ']Somerville Tower Ladder 1 on Cambridge Street in Alston(just feet from Boston Engine 41's quarters).

The second such Somerville unit I've seen there, last May Engine 3 was there. Any local have an idea why they would be out in Alston outside of coverage???[/quote]

Somerville along with other cities in the metro-Boston area dont do big repairs on there units so they send them to the building behind TL1, its a repair facility (whose name escapes me right now)that does alot of work on fire trucks from around Boston.

-John P,
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='11557' date='Jul 18 2006, 21:56 ']Somerville along with other cities in the metro-Boston area dont do big repairs on there units so they send them to the building behind TL1, its a repair facility (whose name escapes me right now)that does alot of work on fire trucks from around Boston.

-John P,[/quote]

OK that make sense.
[quote name='MiltonBradley' post='11557' date='Jul 18 2006, 21:56 ']Somerville along with other cities in the metro-Boston area dont do big repairs on there units so they send them to the building behind TL1, its a repair facility (whose name escapes me right now)that does alot of work on fire trucks from around Boston.

-John P,[/quote]

Arcand Spring
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Cambridge Rescue 3 outside Engine 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 1 outside the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall awaiting the OK to head to Engine 3 for training

Attached Files Image(s)

The reason why they had to wait- Engine 4 being worked on by Motor Squad 1 behind Engine 3's quarters.

Engine 10 and part of Hazmat 1 are visible in the background.

Attached Files Image(s)

NANTUCKET ladder 1 2006 HME/Rosenbauer 1500/180/20 105' Metz Quint Aerial Ladder

photo from capecodfd.com

Chelsea's Motor Squad 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Does anyone have photos of Malden Ladder 3 or the engine that runs with it out of the station near Malden City Hall? Or the station for that matter?

The wife and I headed over to the Wellington "T" stop in Malden today to head into Beantown for the Red Sox game this afternoon. Not doing this all the time, we didnt realize all the parking lots would be full. I drove around several times and finally caught a firefighter standing out behind the station. I asked him if there were any secret parking spots around and he said try the lot next door. I pulled in and found that one full too. Before I knew it, he came across the lot and asked if I was "on the job somewhere." I said, "yes." He said, circle the block and meet me behind the station. Voila - free parking in the station lot. I didn't plan on that, but a big tip of the helmet to the Malden jakes for saving my butt. We only missed Curt Schillings first three pitches and made it in time to see a nice 6-4 Sox win! Thanks guys!
Somerville Engine 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Somerville Ladder 2.

Both Engine 2 and Ladder 2 were temporarily displace due to some maintnence work being done in their bays.

Attached Files Image(s)

Howie- I posted in the Pierce thread Malden's E3 and L3. ff556

[quote name='Howie' post='12285' date='Jul 20 2006, 20:02 ']Does anyone have photos of Malden Ladder 3 or the engine that runs with it out of the station near Malden City Hall? Or the station for that matter?

The wife and I headed over to the Wellington "T" stop in Malden today to head into Beantown for the Red Sox game this afternoon. Not doing this all the time, we didnt realize all the parking lots would be full. I drove around several times and finally caught a firefighter standing out behind the station. I asked him if there were any secret parking spots around and he said try the lot next door. I pulled in and found that one full too. Before I knew it, he came across the lot and asked if I was "on the job somewhere." I said, "yes." He said, circle the block and meet me behind the station. Voila - free parking in the station lot. I didn't plan on that, but a big tip of the helmet to the Malden jakes for saving my butt. We only missed Curt Schillings first three pitches and made it in time to see a nice 6-4 Sox win! Thanks guys![/quote]
Stomeham Engine 4 in Somerville for some maintnence work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beverly Engine 2, 1 1986 Ford/E-One 1250/500/35 outside Headquarters, it is now stationed in Beverly Farms as a reserve piece. The last 2 weeks or so it has been running frontline as the new American La France is out of service with some issue. Oddly Engine 1's KME is also out of service as well, both rigs are out of the city at their respective dealers.

[Image: beverlye2.jpg]