Southern California Small cities
Glendale FD

Engine 22 and Engine 27

1978 Seagrave 1500/500 & 1977 ALF 1500/500

[Image: img055_zpsvyko4ijk.jpg]

Glendale FD

Truck 29

1966 Seagrave 85' Midmount.

Also served the Sierra Madre FD as Truck 41 later in life.

[Image: img131_zpsfhlndris.jpg]

Great  pictures, I LOVE the old shots from back in the day. Keep'em coming. 

Thanks for sharing. 

[Image: 066_zpsijlxo1vu.jpg]

Burbank Water Tender 16.
How long have they had Tender 16 for?  

Quote:How long have they had Tender 16 for?
They've had it for sometime now I would say they probably got it early to mid 90's.
What is the round thing on the back of Glendale's Seagrave Engine? Looks to be either a vent fan or a foam fan.

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
I think that's a foam generator (hi-ex?), from the days before pre-piped systems were common.

Quote:What is the round thing on the back of Glendale's Seagrave Engine? Looks to be either a vent fan or a foam fan.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:I think that's a foam generator (hi-ex?), from the days before pre-piped systems were common.

I believe you're right. I remember seeing one being used in a demonstration in the back of Station 29 for a bunch of kids on a tour of the station.
[Image: 072_zpsuqfyqyho.jpg]

Burbank Airport crash truck.
Burbank FD 

Engine 11

Taken during a FD Event at Johnny Carson Park across from the NBC Studios in Burbank.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/LAFD42/media/Verdugo%20Fire/Burbank%20Fire/img237_zpsxqzhgstt.jpg.html">[Image: img237_zpsxqzhgstt.jpg]</a>
San Gabriel FD

1957 Mack B 1000/300.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/LAFD42/media/Verdugo%20Fire/San%20Gabriel%20Fire/img232_zps3qjzqqml.jpg.html">[Image: img232_zps3qjzqqml.jpg]</a>
Former Long Beach Naval Base Engine 3

[Image: img243_zpsauzkvimf.jpg]

Glendale FD

Engine 26

Up until the mid to late 80's, Glendale ran 2 Two piece Engine Companies, Engines 21 & 26.  Each with a Wagon and Pump.  If a fire call was dispatched, both would respond, if it was an EMS run, only the Wagon went.

Wagon 26

[Image: img405_zpsnztdw9np.jpg]

Pump 26

[Image: img404_zpsizst7r5e.jpg]

Glendale FD 

Engine 21

Wagon 21

[Image: img360_zpsgy8820ki.jpg]

Pump 21

[Image: img411_zpssxiix9e4.jpg]

What was there purpose with running both Wagon & Pump?

Quote:What was there purpose with running both Wagon & Pump?
The 2 engine companies cover Downtown and the financial districts of the city. Tactics were, that the Pump would sit at the hydrant and pump, while the Wagon would lay a line from the Pump and roll up to the fire scene and attack the fire.
Ummm...Dont most of us just lay a line from the hydrant to the fire?  LOL    J/K

Was it more of a pressure issiue with the hydrants?  or was it more like boosting the flow to the fire from the pumper at the hydrant.
Quote:Ummm...Dont most of us just lay a line from the hydrant to the fire?  LOL    J/K

Was it more of a pressure issiue with the hydrants?  or was it more like boosting the flow to the fire from the pumper at the hydrant.

If I recall correctly, it was a means of boosting the flow. LAFD did/does use the same process with their Task Force Concept that was started as a result of the 1965 Watts Riots.

Hope that helps,
Interesting to see Glendale used the wagon & pumper concept.  This was something that was popular here in the Mid-Atlantic, where the term Wagon is still used quite a bit, even though the two-piece engine companies were phased out years ago.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA