Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Apparatus
Minneapolis Engine 17 supplied Engine 27 with a supply line at this fire. Here is a shot of Engine 17 at the hydrant. I've got a better photo of their new rig at the second Minneapolis fire I got to yesterday morning. Note that all the discharges are off the rear of these new Freightliner pumpers.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The third-due engine on this fire was Richfield Quint 1 responding on auto-aid. Here is Richfield Quint 1 (who was the RIT at this fire) operating a 2004 Pierce Enforcer 1250/400/75', Pierce #15786.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Minneapolis Engine 12 also was dispatched in this fire. Engine 12 was recently assigned this 2004 Spartan Evolution/Rosenbauer-GS 2000/750, Rosenbauer #04MET07.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Minneapolis Ladder 2 was the second truck, behind MFD Ladder 5. Ladder 2 operates a 2004 Spartan Evolution/Rosenbauer-GS/RK aerial 2000/500/100' Quint, Rosenbauer #04MET20.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

The Minneapolis FD Salvage responds on all full first alarm fires. Here it is seen at the fire scene replacing SCBA's for MFD firefighters. It is a 2003 Sterling/General Safety, GS# 03MET22.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

The second fire was later in the morning and involved a fire mostly on the outside of a 2-/2-story house. Engine 17 laid a tank line and knocked down the exterior fire and then went inside to completely extinguish the fire. Here is Engine 17 operating the departments newest pumper, a 2012 Freightliner M2-112/Rosenbauer-GS 1500/500.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

he first unit on the scene was Minneapolis Ladder 5, operating this 2004 Spartan Evolution/Rosenbauer-GS/RK aerial 2000/500/100', Rosenbauer #04MET22.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Engine 8 laid a 5-inch supply line to Engine 17 and then laid a 2-1/2" back-up line off Engine 17. Engine 8 operates a 2011 Freightliner M2-112/Rosenbauer-GS 1500/500, Rosenbauer #3283.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Minneapolis Engine 5 was the third-in engine and assumed RIT duties. They were parked in front of Station 17 (just across 38th street from the fire). Engine 5 operates this 2008 Pierce Arrow XT 2000/750, Pierce #19972-02.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Sorry- this was a double post.

-
Visiting Fire Buff Kyle Gustafson stopped by the Firefighters Hall and Museum in NE Minneapolis yesterday afternoon. After we closed, Kyle and I stopped by MFD Station 11. The firefighters pulled out Engine 11's 2012 Freightliner M2-112/Rosenbauer-GS 1500/500 pumper for photos. Kyle also go to see the inside of the Chemical Assessment truck at Station 11.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

-

We also stopped at Minneapolis Station 6. While Kyle and I were there they got a couple of runs. Here is Engine 6 responding to an accident on a nearby freeway as the sun was just about to set. Engine 6 operates a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT 2000/700 pumper, Pierce #21346.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

We also got photos of Rescue 1, a 2000 Pierce Lance heavy rescue, Pierce #11397.

- Photo by Steve Skaar

Managed to get out fire buffing yesterday with a few others around here, we stopped by St Paul Fire Station 8 where the Captain on duty is also a Fire apparatus buff from the area, so of course he pulled out everything even offered to pull out the snowblower.

First off is St Paul Engine 8:

[Image: 001-1.jpg]

[Image: 002-1.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]
St Paul Ladder 8:

[Image: 004-1.jpg]

[Image: 005-1.jpg]

Starting to back into the station:

[Image: 006-1.jpg]

[Image: 007.jpg]

[Image: 008.jpg]
St Paul Medic 8:

[Image: 013.jpg]

St Paul Fire Mobile Decon Unit

[Image: 014.jpg]
[quote name='firetrucknut' timestamp='1329753979' post='475396']

These Freightliners have incredible turning radius, you can make a U-turn on a one lane road almost.

[/quote]

I agree small is great for short turning. The commercial cabs don't have near the crash safety or meet the same standards as the customs counter parts which worries me. They how ever look like really nice machines. The shots on the fire ground are fantastic!!! Rear intakes make a huge difference.

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
I found this unique piece in Cloquet, MN (about 10 miles from Duluth, MN) this past weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rick Carlsen

Plymouth, MN
[quote name='rpcarlsen' timestamp='1333495795' post='479888']

I found this unique piece in Cloquet, MN (about 10 miles from Duluth, MN) this past weekend.

[/quote]

WHAT is it?
It's a mobile training facility.