Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2013 - From the show floor
Over in the Smeal booth, this stately rear mount tower ladder was in display.

Sheboygan Falls FD

City of Sheboygan Falls, WI

Truck 2

2013 Spartan Gladiator/Smeal

1500/300/40F/105' RM TL

Smeal #4158

(The Virginia guys might recognize Rocky Kelplinger holding up the front bumper)

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-5-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Pump access issues alleviated?

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-11-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Business end of the Seagrave pumper on display.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-10-XL.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Looks like someone out there is carrying a FIT-5.   <_<

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-9-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Polarizing filter or not, it was next to freaking impossible to get a photo of this pumper for East Brooklyn, CT without capturing the reflection of everything in the entire convention hall.  Smeal did an exceptional job on the paint on this rig, it was flawless.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-6-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-7-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-8-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
East Nash, NC had this nice E\-One rescue on display.

2013 E\-One Typhoon long cab

19' stainless steel non-walk-in rescue body

2010 Cummins ISL (450HP)

E\-One SO #137843

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Quote:Here's the Buffalo tower ladder.

Buffalo Fire Department

City of Buffalo, NY

Truck 4

2012 American LaFrance Eagle

2000/?/93' MM TL

Cummins ISX-12 (500HP)

Formed stainless body

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-3-L.jpg]
no tank.

Quote:no tank.
Thanks.

More to come this afternoon.
Taylor Goodman
FIT-5?

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Please tell me this thing is a joke! Stiff wind might blow it over.
You do understand this is basically a golf cart....Correct?
Well Taylor, a lot of my pictures look just like yours, so I must finally be doing something right Smile

The issue I see with the Water Hosebed thing, is if your hose bed sits right behind the cab (be it custom or commercial) how will it not smack the back of the cab when you raise it? You'd practically have to raise the cab too, to avoid it.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Please tell me this thing is a joke! Stiff wind might blow it over.

Joke or not someone built it and whether it is used a Public Relations Tool.... Kids Toy.... or for Advertising.... The man did a right smart job constructing it.  
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Quote:FIT-5?
Kind of interesting.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...technology
Quote:The floor was much abuzz about the surprise unveiling of the new Rosenbauer "Commandette."   Capitalizing on the success of the compact HME RAT pumper concept, Rosey has taken in a step further!   Word is that a number of big-city mayors were collecting information about this cost-saving measure that won't result in any additional civilian deaths or injuries.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-2-L.jpg]
Must be being delivered the UK or Australia..... right-hand drive...... Smile

The FIT-5 is ok, had a lot of issues with the charging and the igniter in it, yes this ignites. We used to sell them and the $1000-1250 price scared many potential customers off. I had the opportunity to try a couple at the U of I Fire Institute and of the 3, 2 had failures. They have since changed the igniter so hopefully the issues have been fixed, there is a new product out now Stat-X First Responder that works under the same principles, and is less than 1/4 the price and just as effective. It was actually developed by own of the guys who started the FIT-5 and left when the issues were not addressed or corrected with it. These STAT-x's are about the size of a WD-40 can and operate similar to a tactical smoke grenade.

Quote:Business end of the Seagrave pumper on display.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-10-XL.jpg]
Somebody wanted to be ready to work. Any ore specs from this one or an idea who was receiving it? 
Did anyone happen to get a better shot of The Mount Horeb Engine that looked Kind of interesting.

Quote:Somebody wanted to be ready to work. Any ore specs from this one or an idea who was receiving it? 

This is from Neshannock, PA, and is currently in service there.  I'll see if I have additional photos.

Quote:Did anyone happen to get a better shot of The Mount Horeb Engine that looked Kind of interesting.

I got some FDMH shots, but they're nothing spectacular...it was particularly frustrating.  I'll have them up on Monday.
Taylor Goodman
Quote:The floor was much abuzz about the surprise unveiling of the new Rosenbauer "Commandette."   Capitalizing on the success of the compact HME RAT pumper concept, Rosey has taken in a step further!   Word is that a number of big-city mayors were collecting information about this cost-saving measure that won't result in any additional civilian deaths or injuries.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-2-L.jpg]
Seriously that's not a go cart toy and an actual fire engine right?  My opinion nice for the inside of airports and malls, but useless beyond that.
Yes, yes, this was just a model built for display in one of the booths.  It's just a model made up with a Rosenbauer logo that happens to be affixed to the front.  My original post was full of satire.

Taylor Goodman