Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chief's travels
here is a shot of a chicago truck at the ichiefs show before it was assigned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

me and my buddy at an extirication training

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='chief' timestamp='1322014391' post='464747']

here is south beloit illinois newly attained buggy and Rockton Ambulance

[/quote]

South Beloit's new to them buggy was acquired from Win-Bur-Sew Fire, Winnebago, IL.
[quote name='npfd801' timestamp='1322188321' post='465002']

South Beloit's new to them buggy was acquired from Win-Bur-Sew Fire, Winnebago, IL.

[/quote] I have a buddy on South Beloit and the plan is to get a new engine and rehab the old engine and to get rid of the squad since it is rarely used and also to get another ambo to match the other newer ambo. This is not an immediate plan however it is suppose to be within the next year or two since the city of Beloit is going to be having some staffing problems.
this is a brand spanking new truck to Dakota that came from the hope volunteer fire company in Phillipsbug PA. . This truck was just placed in service this past weekend. this is unit rescue 11

Quote:here are a few trucks from Leaf River Illinois that i beleive are up for sale they are stripped of equiptment and sitting outside.

chief do you have any idea as to what 2 engines are replacing these 2
[quote name='LFPDT75' timestamp='1322247474' post='465054']

[/quote]

well no i do not i have to get over to leaf river before the snow flies i know that they got a used engine from out east awhile back but i do not know what they have replaced these two with
okay thanks and will that rescue truck be repainted in dakota's color and can't wait to see more illinois apparatus from all over illinois and missouri and if you have any from indiana or kentucky keep them coming please
[quote name='LFPDT75' timestamp='1322247474' post='465054']

[/quote]

I know Leaf River has purchased two used custom Pierce engines. Not sure on vintage, but they're older. And they are not orange. I'll see what I can dig up as far as info, I have a good friend that does some of their service work.
Glad to see the Philipsburg rig lives on. Just replaced a month or two ago by a used Spartan/Saulsbury.
ok i have been busy so here are some more shots here is New Glarus wisconsin squad 1 as well as engine 2 with im sure a detroit diesel in it. It just roared and the guy that pulled everything out didnt know but i know it did there is no sound like a detroit.

here is their engine 1 a custom fire MONSTER and their tanker 1 i beleive an monroe truck

here is the chief's lid as well as the new glarus ambulance which is ran by Green county ems

Image(s)

So then i couldnt waste the sunshine it was cold but had great sun so i went a little further north to fitchburg here is Fitchburg engine 2 at their main station

The big saulsbury squad was being worked on it was having its third kussmaul installed in two weeks so that is all i got at that station so i headed to station 2 and got their Field support unit i know it is an inside shot but they are so crowded in there and they are talking about a new station next year but here it is

Here is an old beauty that im sure has seen some good times. The old Seagrave rear mount

Here is engine 1 i believe the newest of their fleet i caught them as they were just coming back from the store great looking truck. Also is the Deputy chiefs lid

Here is the Division Chief's lid hmmmmm

[quote name='chief' timestamp='1323483013' post='466632']

here is their engine 1 a custom fire MONSTER and their tanker 1 i beleive an monroe truck

[/quote]

I like the German/English on the firehouse sign
[quote name='jlg1875' timestamp='1323491172' post='466648']

I like the German/English on the firehouse sign

[/quote]

New Glarus is very well know for following the swiss culture. The whole town is very unique and an all around awesome quaint little town