Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Mark, when you get back in town, we'll have to go shoot John's Crick and grab those old relics in Cleveland on the way over the mountain. Maybe Super Dave will be back from his year & a half long excursion to the north and join us then! haha
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

On this same excursion, we also ventured through part of Cherokee County, GA. Ball Ground Fire Dept., part of Cherokee County has this 1996 Freightliner FL70/Quality 1250/1000 Pumper as Engine 2-1 #M1041.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cherokee County, GA Emergency Services Medic 2 was in a spare 2003 Ford F450/Braun.

Mark Carr photo

Andrew'd never been to Pickens County, GA and seen their UD rescue truck so we stopped by there. I was able to shoot a couple of rigs and improve some of my older shots. At their main station was this rig normally kept at the Talking Rock station. It's a 2002 International/Smeal 1500/1000/30F Pumper as Engine 70.

Mark Carr photo

Here's the shot of Rescue 14's 1992 Nissan UD/Georgia Fire Apparatus originally from Cobb County, GA.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 11's minipumper, a 2008 Ford F450/Knapheide Booster/250.

Mark Carr photo

Visiting from Pickens County's Grandview Station is Rescue 5, a 1999 Ford F450/Local 200/300 Mini-pumper.

Mark Carr photo

And their "box", a 2008 Ford F450/Wheeled Coach Modular Med 1 #03196.

Mark Carr photo

The next day, I sniffed out a landing zone near my house. Cherokee County, NC EMS and Bellview, NC Fire Dept. landed a helicopter from University of Tennessee Medical Center in a field in Blairsville, GA. First up is this one from Bellview. It's a 2005 International/E-One 1250/1200 Pumper as Engine 1752.

Mark Carr photo

I got another shot of this Cherokee County, NC EMS rig, a 2008 International/Road Rescue rig. I didn't know it at the time but they just got at least two of these as I saw them parked seperately one morning.

Mark Carr photo

Bellview's First Responder rig is a 1996 GMC Suburban #1772.

Mark Carr photo

And the helicopter from UT Medical Center's LifeStar. It's a 1996 Bell 230, tail number N432UT landing.

Mark Carr photo

Great shots Mark! Really like the UT bird shot. If you guys ever come through I-16 or southeast GA then drop me a line.
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Awesome Pictures Mark!! Keep them coming...
[quote name='FIREPIX21' post='257245' date='Oct 28 2008, 20:18 ']Awesome Pictures Mark!! Keep them coming...[/quote]

Thanks Alex! I look at your link everyday too. Good stuff you've been shooting lately. Gives me lots of ideas of what I need to get.

Mark
The other day, the Mrs. and I ventured down to Chattanooga, TN to visit some quilt shops (my favorite) and see the sites (aka firetrucks - but she doesn't know that). I managed to shoot a couple of Chattanooga rigs, an Erlanger helicopter, then stumbled on a good sized fire in Dunlap, TN. I made contact with the IC and asked if I could photograph his fire scene. He was more than happy to let me do whatever I wanted. So, I shot the fire scene and shot most of the trucks on scene. Here are some of the rigs that I got that day.

First up, in Chattanooga, is this 1987 Mack MC/Ward 79 1500/500/50' Telesqurt with shop #F-004.

Mark Carr photo

Chattanooga and the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security have this 2002 Volvo tractor and 53' trailer as a USAR rig.

Mark Carr photo

And a rig from Chattanooga that I'd shot before, a 2002 International 4300/Oilman's 1000 Gallon Fuel Tanker.

Mark Carr photo

Shooting over to Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga, I found this 2008 Chevrolet/Excellance rig.

Mark Carr photo

Soon to be disposed of by Erlanger is this LifeForce Air Ambulance, a 1990 Bell 412 N911BE on the rooftop at Erlanger.

Mark Carr photo