Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mack Fire Apparatus
Dauphin County Engine 50 and Lebanon County Tower 5

Attached Files Image(s)

What I post is my opinion only. Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. If you like what you see with a photo or have a question, let me know.

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Rohrerstown Fire Company, Station 6-7

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
A tower ladder from Schuylkill County and former Hose 4-3 from the Gordonville Fire Company in Lancaster County

Attached Files Image(s)

What I post is my opinion only. Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. If you like what you see with a photo or have a question, let me know.

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Training Engine that belongs to the relief association for one of The Harrisburg City Volunteer Companies..

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Engine 632, 1978 CF mack, wrapping up after a fire.

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Last one for now,

Former Quarryville Truck 5-7 now operating as Columbia Fire Company Truck 8-1 at a row home fire. I believe this truck was also Former FDNY but am not sure on that..

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Woody, thanks for all the great pics, both apparatus and scene.
[quote name='Woody' date='27 April 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1272375273' post='378484']

Training Engine that belongs to the relief association for one of The Harrisburg City Volunteer Companies..

[/quote]

How many volunteer companies are there in the actual City of Harrisburg?
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Hey, could this possibly be a prototype Aerial Tower?

Ant information on this would be appreciated.
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' date='27 April 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1272412190' post='378610']

How many volunteer companies are there in the actual City of Harrisburg?

[/quote]

2, Mount Pleasant and the Camp Curtain(I think is still active)

Their website I believe is www.harrisburgcityvolunteers.com or something close to it..

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
[quote name='Woody' date='27 April 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1272375432' post='378486']

Last one for now,

Former Quarryville Truck 5-7 now operating as Columbia Fire Company Truck 8-1 at a row home fire. I believe this truck was also Former FDNY but am not sure on that..

[/quote]

Wood,

You are correct. It was Tower Ladder Co. 1 in FDNY. It also served elsewhere in the FDNY before becoming the "Southern End Truck" at Quarryville.
Quote:Hey, could this possibly be a prototype Aerial Tower?

Ant information on this would be appreciated.

Although I have never before seen a photo of it, the original prototype Mack Aerialscope was mounted on a B Series chassis. I believe that this is it. As far as I know, that rig never went into service anywhere and I have no idea what happened to it, but I bet Harvey would be the one to ask.
that is the prototype tower ladder. I have the same shot somewhere...
[quote name='Woody' date='27 April 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1272375140' post='378483']

A tower ladder from Schuylkill County and former Hose 4-3 from the Gordonville Fire Company in Lancaster County

[/quote]

Woody,

What do you mean "former" Hose 4-3 - I have it still in service there - Am I wrong on this ? Info listed below.

Bruce

1983 Mack MC, canopy cab, 1500/500, Mack 686 Turbo, automatic, poly tank, 1.5 KW Inverter, LDH reel in hose bed capable of holding 2200 ft of 5 inch supply line, purchased used in 03/02 from American LaFrance Used Fire Trucks of Landisville (Lancaster County), originally in service in Wescosville (Lehigh County).
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='Woody' date='27 April 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1272375432' post='378486']

Last one for now,

[/quote]

Woody,

Info on this Mack listed below.

Bruce

1981 Mack CF-611-FAP-2129/Baker, canopy cab, 75 ft aerialscope, Mack ENDT-685 diesel motor, 300HP, automatic. This was purchased used in 1993 for $75,000 from Larry Taylor Company of Wysox, Pa., who rebuilt it with a new cab and body sheet metal, and half-doors in the jumpseat area. The Larry Taylor Company had purchased it used from NYFD where it ran as Ladder-1 in Midtown, then L-157 in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. It was one of 23 purchased that year by NYFD. The boom is painted gray. It has a 5 KW Honda generator. It was loaned to Roherstown (Lancaster County) in 06/03 for a couple weeks while their tower was out for service. It was then loaned to the Liberty Fire Company of Middletown (Dauphin County)in 07/03. Finally, in 08/03, it was sold to the Columbia #1-Columbia Borough for $35,000. Columbia repainted the cab & boom white. Placed in service 5/1/04.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Westchester Trng center, Ny

1965 Mack

Ron Bogardus cocllection

Attached Files Image(s)

Weedsport,Ny

Ex. Mt Airy, Md

1973 Mack/Swab

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)