Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
We had to convince the drivers not to flow water and raise the Snozzles prior to us getting our glamour shots.  I think by the last rig, we might have convinced them.  They did give us a great tour though. 

#3 is a 2003 E\-One Titan HPR 2050/300/450F/450PK.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last at the airport is #7, a 2010 Oshkosh Striker 1950/4500/540F/450PK/75' Snozzle.

Mark Carr photo

From the airport, we traveled just east of the airport to Port Everglades, still part of the BSO system.  Squad 6 is a 1979 Ford/? step van used for technical rescues and so forth.  Couldn't get it moved but the sun wasn't cooperating anyway.

Mark Carr photo

Foam Tanker 6, one of the leftover rigs from the original Port Everglades Fire Department days, is this 1982 Ford LN8000/Quality rig.  Don't have the specs on this one.

Mark Carr photo

I wish the sun had been better for these next few behemoths.  The mobile command post is a 2000 International/LDV unit.

Mark Carr photo

Chem 6 is a 2006 Kenworth T800/Pierce 2000/500/3000PK/1000F pumper, job #17667.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 6 is a 2011 Pierce Quantum 3300/500/1800F pumper, job #24271.

Mark Carr photo

Foam 3 is a 2008 Sterling tractor with a 2010 Brenner tractor.  It has no pump but carries 4500 gallons of foam.

There is another identical trailer pulled by a Mack tractor sitting next to this one.

Mark Carr photo

I forgot this buggie from the previous airport photos.  It belongs to District Chief 10 and is a 2013 Ford Explorer.  It would sure look good as a FRR model!

Mark Carr photo

District Chief 6 at port is a 2013 Chevy Tahoe similar to the one that FRR produced so nicely.

Mark Carr photo

I don't know why but I just had to shoot this dumb looking little thing.  It's a 2013 (I think) Ford Transit Direct used by BSO's Logistics Division.  Logistics is behind the 17/23 fire station west of the airport.

Mark Carr photo

Quote:I don't know why but I just had to shoot this dumb looking little thing.  It's a 2013 (I think) Ford Transit Direct used by BSO's Logistics Division.  Logistics is behind the 17/23 fire station west of the airport.

Mark Carr photo

You mean that Dumb looking ford transit on a ford focus frame that was first made in turkey?   THEY SUCK! lol  I drove one for work I should know lol
Quote:You mean that Dumb looking ford transit on a ford focus frame that was first made in turkey?   THEY SUCK! lol  I drove one for work I should know lol

Yes, that would be the one!
What year is the QRV?  1001 seems like horse & buggy days

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:What year is the QRV?  1001 seems like horse & buggy days
Stephen, it was one of those prototype mockups done waaay back of what a Ford might look like in 2001.  Smile
Quote:Next, we scooted back down to Broward County, dodged some more rain and photographed the Broward Sheriff Fire-Rescue department's rigs at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport.  First up is Rescue 10, a 201? International/Taylor-Made rig.

Mark Carr photo
2003 AFAIK.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:I don't know why but I just had to shoot this dumb looking little thing.  It's a 2013 (I think) Ford Transit Direct used by BSO's Logistics Division.  Logistics is behind the 17/23 fire station west of the airport.

Mark Carr photo
Did they use a brighter shade of red looks German Red almost compared to the newer black over darker red Pierce Engine 6? Thanks in advance, Great photos Thanks for sharing

Stay Safe,

Rick 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Did they use a brighter shade of red looks German Red almost compared to the newer black over darker red Pierce Engine 6? Thanks in advance, Great photos Thanks for sharing

Stay Safe,

Rick 
Rick, I'm not sure but in person, it looks quite red.
Are the 2 E\-One industrial engines (Red October & Big Gulp) still at the Port Everglades station?

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Nice to see some rigs from south Florida. I am heading there on Monday for 3 days of meetings at EVI's plant for our new very large hazmat truck.  First time going to Florida, probably won't have a lot of time to shoot some rigs though.