Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2013 - From the show floor
Quote:Yes, yes, this was just a model built for display in one of the booths.  It's just a model made up with a Rosenbauer logo that happens to be affixed to the front.  My original post was full of satire.
Damn and I was going to order 4 of them for the kids to use!!!
LMAO!  I'd already called Rosenbauer......

Quote:Yes, yes, this was just a model built for display in one of the booths.  It's just a model made up with a Rosenbauer logo that happens to be affixed to the front.  My original post was full of satire.
ha ha good one!!!  They should sell this thing as a toy they would make a fortune off of it...lol

I all serious excellent pictures again thank you. I was just curious you were there but from what I have taken by your pictures there were a couple of things I noticed 1. The black Smeal was really nice. 2. Seagrave and American Lafrance need to step up or become after thoughts soon. Just wondering if you or anyone else that went came away with the same impression.

Funny that you should say that, this is also the only truck that I stopped for a video of. Perhaps it's because it was one of only a few that had the lights on, and there are others like it, we just don't know. I 

Quote:While (in my opinion) this is a great looking Ferrara even sitting still, it was a little short of amazing the number of red and blue lights plastered all over this rig.  When it was lit up, it was enough for me to stop and take a video.  The Whelen Ions were incredibly bright.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-M.jpg]
This is a huge deal for Del City....They had a twin to this one delivered as well and a 77ft Quint with MVP body on order due out in late May/early June.  This was part of a huge bond issue by their city to replace very outdated fire apparatus.  Other purchases included some staff vehicles and 2 new brush trucks that are currently out to bid.

Red/blue on fire equipment is becoming the norm here in Oklahoma.
Quote:East Nash, NC had this nice E-One rescue on display.

2013 E-One Typhoon long cab

19' stainless steel non-walk-in rescue body

2010 Cummins ISL (450HP)

E-One SO #137843

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-L.jpg]

I saw this rig coming down I-270 last night on the way home from work.  Must have been heading to NC from FDIC.  Looked great on the road.
I to saw the East Nash rig, however it was outside of Harrisburg PA around 630 pm yesterday. Either they got very lost or it is staying local for the Harrisburg Fire Expo next week.
Quote:ha ha good one!!!  They should sell this thing as a toy they would make a fortune off of it...lol

I all serious excellent pictures again thank you. I was just curious you were there but from what I have taken by your pictures there were a couple of things I noticed 1. The black Smeal was really nice. 2. Seagrave and American Lafrance need to step up or become after thoughts soon. Just wondering if you or anyone else that went came away with the same impression.
At least the Seagrave stuff appeared well built.  I saw numerous issues on one of the ALF rigs that were horrible, especially given the thing was brought to FDIC. 
I will agree with NPFD801 about the LaFrance equipment!!!! You would think that if you are bringing a show truck in it should be double/triple checked for quality.

Quote:At least the Seagrave stuff appeared well built.  I saw numerous issues on one of the ALF rigs that were horrible, especially given the thing was brought to FDIC. 

Not duct tape on the dash over one of the empty switch slots? Stirpot

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Not duct tape on the dash over one of the empty switch slots? Stirpot

Trav!
Compartment that wouldn't (which was also the floor for the top mount pump panel walkway) open because they mounted a walkway light too close.  I could have opened the lid, but would have broken off the light.  Holes drilled in the top of the pump panel for no reason, and seemingly for no reason.  They were not symmetrical to the other side, so who knows what they were for.  That's two glaring issues...

For the life of me...I can't understand why anyone would buy an ALF right now...considering the past several years. 

Kent Parrish

Louisville, KY
I don't think that the ALF quality would be a problem....since there's hardly anyplace to get official dealer service anymore, and try ordering replacement parts! LOL.

They had a really good business going for quite a while there, and at times were building very decent rigs and had some large contracts.

This seems to be the fate of many manufacturers of fire apparatus, but they didn't let ALF just die, they had to take all the quality and legacy with it.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:This AEV ambulance features a massive 200" body.  The customer requested this for additional space for firefighting equipment and PPE.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-11-M.jpg]
I hope that they've got normal size rigs for transporting patients.   We'd have trouble maneuvering this thing on a lot of medical calls not just in a lot of the driveways but also a number of the streets in lake communities.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
200" isnt that big.. The largest boxes are usually 173" that is only  roughly 2 feet longer . It looks like they made one comparment double doors

Quote:Did anyone happen to get a better shot of The Mount Horeb Engine that looked Kind of interesting.

A demo from Mount Horeb, Wisconsin?    At one of the old Chocolatetown Firemen's Parades hosted by Hershey Fire Department I got to see an awesome, amazingly beautiful support or brush truck that some of the guys from Mount Horeb brought to that great parade when they had it.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]