Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Thanks Mike, great shots, that Squad 11 is HUGE !
Keep missing you, Mike. Another shot of TL-71's 2008 ALF/LTI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Squad 11 a 2010 Spartan/Smeal

A few new things around my job. 3-new Battalion cars have arrived: Joe Pinto photos

SOC

Battalion-1

Battalion-2

[quote name='R1SmokeEater' timestamp='1356131585' post='505800']

SOC

[/quote]

Odd question R1 they disband safety but create a special ops chief??
[quote name='anesti' timestamp='1356134495' post='505820']

Odd question R1 they disband safety but create a special ops chief??

[/quote]

Hey Anesti.....Yes, Safety is gone, but "No" - there has always been a Chief in charge of SOC. The SOC car is to be used by SOC personnell on duty during daytime hours.
Battalion-2 in service:

Squad-11's Spartan/Smeal

TL-75's ALF/LTI

Taken today:

This is the Spare Rescue-1 apparatus, a 2000 ALF. It was repainted and had body work done in 2010. We will be in this rig for a while, as we cracked the chassis and box on our 2007 ALF Heavy Rescue rig. Estimates on time to get our regular front line rig back is up to a year, we are hearing, while the issues are worked out with (the mess of) ALF.

Since we will have her back for a while, I recently added lettering and decals to her. The rig served us well front line from 2000-2007 (although the same thing happened to it as the 07 mentioned above)

Here's how the 2000 ALF Rescue looked before the repaint/body work which was done after an accident:

Quote:Battalion-2 in service:
The shop I work part time manufactures the push bumper with the lights and siren speakers built in.. We dont often see them on Fire vehicles
Quote:The shop I work part time manufactures the push bumper with the lights and siren speakers built in.. We dont often see them on Fire vehicles

This was a first for us.
Quote:Battalion-2 in service:

Saw it on the nys thruway by empire city 2 fridays ago at a car accident during a rainstorm the lighting package was just amazing and bright, if you cant see batt 2 responding at night you shouldnt be driving at all.
Quote:Taken today:

This is the Spare Rescue-1 apparatus, a 2000 ALF. It was repainted and had body work done in 2010. We will be in this rig for a while, as we cracked the chassis and box on our 2007 ALF Heavy Rescue rig. Estimates on time to get our regular front line rig back is up to a year, we are hearing, while the issues are worked out with (the mess of) ALF.

Since we will have her back for a while, I recently added lettering and decals to her. The rig served us well front line from 2000-2007 (although the same thing happened to it as the 07 mentioned above)
Did the city go back to ALF for repairs because of the existing warranty?  The idea of the rig going to ALF would scare me, mainly because of the reported financial concerns and missed deadlines, etc.  In a year or so, I hope we're not seeing pictures of your rig on milk cartons...
Quote:Did the city go back to ALF for repairs because of the existing warranty?  The idea of the rig going to ALF would scare me, mainly because of the reported financial concerns and missed deadlines, etc.  In a year or so, I hope we're not seeing pictures of your rig on milk cartons...
I believe ALF is responsible for it, they were up to look at it. TL-75 had similiar issue, and took 8 months to get back. So far it's been over a month, and we still have it sitting waiting on them. Hoping it doesn't turn into a nightmare, but.......

It's too bad they went upside down, we have 19 ALFs in our fleet which were pretty good to us up until then.

Rig is now at ALF. Wherever that is.
Quote:The shop I work part time manufactures the push bumper with the lights and siren speakers built in.. We dont often see them on Fire vehicles
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm considering such a bumper for our command vehicles so we can have some perpendicular intersection lighting without having to drill into the body sheet metal.  Who makes these?