Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Then it was on up the road a piece to Walden Ridge, TN Vol. Fire Dept. The dude there was nice enough but not able to move more than one truck and didn't know the information on it. What I gleened off of it was that it was a 2004 HME 1750 GPM Pumper #20254.

Mark Carr photo
While there, this Signal Mountain engine showed up. They were there to fill in for units moved up into Dunlap to cover for those fighting the fire. I photographed their rig, a 1994 Spartan/Quality 1500/750 Pumper Engine 1 #M854, got directions, and then mosied on over the mountain to the fire scene.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dunlap's entire department was at the fire but not all of the rigs were in photo-worthy positions. I shot what I could and only two of theirs make it here. First is Engine 3, a 2006 HME 1500/1000 Pumper #84250.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 5 in Dunlap is a 1985 Ford C8000/Grumman FireCat 1000 GPM Pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Lewis Chapel, TN was there with Engine 1, a 1992 Ford F800/Boardman 1000/1000 Pumper.

Mark Carr photo

Lewis Chapel's Tanker 1 is a 2005 Ford F750/Deep South 0/2200 Tanker.

Mark Carr photo

Lone Oak, TN had this rig on scene, I'm not sure its use. It's a 1996 Ford F350/Taylor Made.

Mark Carr photo

Soddy Daisy, TN Fire Dept's 1991 E\-One 1250/750 Pumper as Engine 1 SO#9511.

Mark Carr photo

And Soddy Daisy's 1978 Ford C8000/4-Guys 250/2250 Tanker.

Mark Carr photo

And the last "sort of" well positioned rig at the fire scene was Southend, TN's 2007 International/KME 1000 GWT Pumper as Engine 3502. Sorry 'bout the lack of quality on some of them; it was a "shoot 'em where you find 'em" kinda event.

That's it for this outing.

Mark Carr photo

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' post='257598' date='Oct 30 2008, 18:19 ']Then it was on up the road a piece to Walden Ridge, TN Vol. Fire Dept. The dude there was nice enough but not able to move more than one truck and didn't know the information on it. What I gleened off of it was that it was a 2004 HME 1750 GPM Pumper #20254.

Mark Carr photo[/quote]

Don't know what happened with the photo from this one above, but it disappeared. Here it is.

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' post='256837' date='Oct 26 2008, 22:17 ']Here's the shot of Rescue 14's 1992 Nissan UD/Georgia Fire Apparatus originally from Cobb County, GA.

Mark Carr photo[/quote]

Actually, this truck is original to Pickens. The former director was also a Cobb FF at the time and ordered it identical to Cobb's rescues. I used to work EMS at Pickens.

If y'all come over to Cleveland GA, let me know. We got a new Ferrara custom cab engine, and a 2002 Ferrara commercial cab engine at my station. We will also have our rescue truck remounted to a new 2008 F-550 within a month or so.
[quote name='firescooby' post='257640' date='Oct 30 2008, 21:41 ']Actually, this truck is original to Pickens. The former director was also a Cobb FF at the time and ordered it identical to Cobb's rescues. I used to work EMS at Pickens.

If y'all come over to Cleveland GA, let me know. We got a new Ferrara custom cab engine, and a 2002 Ferrara commercial cab engine at my station. We will also have our rescue truck remounted to a new 2008 F-550 within a month or so.[/quote]

Darn Scooby, we came through Cleveland on the way back that day. Actually, I think I went through there about 3 times last week. Oh well, I'll be back up in GA again Tuesday so I'm sure I'll get over that way again. Andrew wants to go over and shoot some junk yard photos near Cleveland so we'll be seeing you.

Mark
[quote name='unMARKedCARR' post='257747' date='Oct 31 2008, 11:55 ']Darn Scooby, we came through Cleveland on the way back that day. Actually, I think I went through there about 3 times last week. Oh well, I'll be back up in GA again Tuesday so I'm sure I'll get over that way again. Andrew wants to go over and shoot some junk yard photos near Cleveland so we'll be seeing you.

Mark[/quote]

That's good. I work at Gwinnett Monday so I'll be off Tuesday. Let me know, and I'll PM you my cell number.
Located in Cherokee County, NC is Peachtree. Sitting outside their station is this 1975 Chevrolet C65/FMC Bean 1000 GPM Pumper Engine 1562 SO#9660. Tank size unknown.

Mark Carr photo

So, a few days ago, me, Myself and Andrew ventured up to Franklin, NC and hit couple of places there and across the line in Rabun County, GA. First up is this rig found on the side of the road from Cullasaja Gorge, NC Fire Dept. It's a 1969 Ford F800/Howe 500 GPM Pumper Engine 1652.

Mark Carr photo

Next, we mosied on down to a fire station that a lot of interesting rigs. Unfortunately, the one guy on duty to drive them all didn't want to open the bay doors because it was too cold outside. We didn't get any of them....but Andrew shot the Jeep in the back behind the other rigs.

We left there and went to the Otto Fire Dept. where we met a much more weatherproof kinda guy who pulled everything out for us. First up in Otto is this 1991 Ford F600/Jerry Moore tanker with a small booster pump and 1100 gallon water tank. Unit #1450.

Mark Carr photo

Otto's 1997 Ford F/E-One American Eagle 1250/1000 Pumper #1451 SO#19490.

Mark Carr photo

Otto's First Responder rig is this 1999 Ford F550/Chiefs Squad #1460.

Mark Carr photo

Hackney built this medium duty rescue for Otto on a 2004 International 4300 chassis.

Mark Carr photo