Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hose beds/loads
The pump panels on the ladder trucks are identical to that of the engines except the 2-1/2" crosslay is placed on top since it is rare for a ladder truck to use their attack lines, let alone the 2-1/2". They also only carry 800' of 5" supply line that is flat loaded in the bed.

Zach, there should only be 200' of 1 3/4" dead under the 300' apartment line..but I guess its better to have too much hose than not enough....ask me how I know.....
oh yeah, and that 2 1/2" smooth-bore on the Right side of the bed puts out alot of fire in a hotel hallway....

Middle River MD E - 222 L to R, 200' of 2", 200' of 1 3/4'

My photo

Middle River MD E - 222, 30' of 5" used as a soft sleeve.

My Photo
Here's what we have on our 2 front line engines, and the reserve pieces have pretty much the same.....

On the back step from left to right we have 250 ft of 2 1/2 inch pre-connected with a playpipe and 100 ft dead (green), 1000 ft of 3 inch dead (blue), 1200 of 4 inch supply line w/ stortz connections (yellow), and 250 ft of 3 inch dead connected to a bliztfire ground monitor (blue).

In the roll up compartment we have a Hurst set of jaws & cutters, rams, hydraulic supply line on reels, chains and a come-along set.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a better photo of the hosebed....

Attached Files Image(s)

A shot of the pump panel with our 3 preconnect attack lines w/ pull out drawers for repacking:

top to bottom:

250 ft of 2 1/2 inch with a combination nozzle (white)

200 ft of 2 inch with a combination nozzle (red)

200 ft of 1 3/4 inch with either a combination nozzle or solid stream depending on the group (yellow)

Attached Files Image(s)

And last is the car fire/trash line in the front bumper:

100 ft of 1 3/4 inch preconnected with a combination nozzle and 50 ft of dead 1 3/4 underneath.

Just a side note, for our hydrant hook ups we use a hydrant assist valve on the steamer and 2 morse gates with stortz connections. That's out SOP.

Thanks guys for the other photos, interesting to see what other depts are using. Stay safe brothers!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hosebed shot of E210, the downtown companies carry their hi rise hosepacks (blue hose on the right) in the hosebed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
hogie1,

Thanks for the great 360's.

JFong,

I'm assimin that there's two of them and they just pull them onto their shoulder like a preconnect?
[quote name='JFong' post='189594' date='Feb 16 2008, 22:11 ']Hosebed shot of E210, the downtown companies carry their hi rise hosepacks (blue hose on the right) in the hosebed.[/quote]

Doesn't look very practical.
Hence my previous question, if deployed in that manner it would be very awkward unless they have a stop in the bed. With many members it would drag on the ground, etc. Without a divider, what if the second stack falls over after pulling the first? Any L. A. people around to shed light?
Would like to see the cross lays of an LA County Engine. They look easy to deploy - just cant see how they are packed.... Are they 150 foot inch and a halfs???
[quote name='WAGONMAN' post='189941' date='Feb 18 2008, 06:42 ']hogie1,

Thanks for the great 360's.

JFong,

I'm assimin that there's two of them and they just pull them onto their shoulder like a preconnect?[/quote]

The packs are stored in the hosebed as seen in the photo. When they get on scene, the packs are carried to the fire floor. Usually the hi rise packs are stored in the location or sometimes in a lower compartment.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
LA County Fire E64 with triple crosslays

[Image: E64-2.jpg]
LA County E244 older KME with dual crosslays

[Image: E244.jpg]
[quote name='JFong' post='190003' date='Feb 18 2008, 16:08 ']LA County Fire E64 with triple crosslays

[Image: E64-2.jpg][/quote]

Thanks but that looks like 2 cross lays and 1 "dead" load. Can someone get a shot from above with the hose covers open for the cross lays. Would like to see how they are packed since there is really 4 lines in this area. I think they are folded and not true CROSS lays but actually take up 1/2 of each side. Thanks for these shots! JFong
[quote name='JFong' post='189594' date='Feb 16 2008, 23:11 ']Hosebed shot of E210, the downtown companies carry their hi rise hosepacks (blue hose on the right) in the hosebed.[/quote]

Is that an air pack on the rear step?
[quote name='ppfd' post='190258' date='Feb 19 2008, 16:41 ']Is that an air pack on the rear step?[/quote]

Yes it is