Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rheems1 Photo Collection
What is the significance of the blue & white Keystone sticker that appears on the cabs of most of these rigs?
NJ - Jimmy Garvey
Ridgefield VAC

Always in our hearts, Stephen R. Dembski, FDRP T-2 LODD 7-15-07

Volunteerism: Service, Sacrifice, Spirit.
The Blue and White Sticker with the Keystone, is a PA State Fire Commishoners Certification Program. A Fire Company with any levele of trainign can apply for this reconition, and depending on how many members with State and National Training the border of the sticker changes.

Bronze: Fire Companies with 50% Participation

Silver: Fire Companies with 75% Participation

Gold: Fire Companies with 100% Participation.

Here is the link for more information.

[url="http://www.osfc.state.pa.us/osfc/cwp/browse.asp?a=355&bc=0&c=44335"]PA Fire Training Link[/url]
It is rare that I brag about my department.. but I am proud to say that we are a Silver level department for FF 2 Certification.
Thats not bragging... thats showing Department Pride. Congrats on having that rating!!!
Magonmaster, I am really proud of our department... we are actually undertaking Fire Officer 3 certification as we speak (Come to think of it.. you probably know our Instructor for the certification classes... Marty Joyce from Trevose. He has spent alot of time at the 8-1 house over the last couple of years). We are going to be the first in our county to have anyone at that level... we have had the Instructor on the Road RIT class (The big one) and we are doing the Large Area Search Class soon. We should hook up sometime for some picture taking... I will gladly set you up with whatever you would like. Last time I was in Bristol the downtown company (whose name escapes me) was running an IHC Snorkel and a Volvo Squad Truck... I was hoping that the station would be in a better area for photographing as both of those pieces were neat. The American H & L had just put thier Hahn ladder truck up for sale and the Consolidated was running a Hahn pumper they wouldn't pull out.

Concordville Fire Department

Delaware County, Pa

2006 Pierce Quantum Rescue Truck 1,500/750

[Image: Finished038.jpg]

2003 Pierce Quantum Pumper 2,000/1,000

[Image: Finished039.jpg]

2005 Pierce Quantum Pumper 1,500/1,000

[Image: Finished040.jpg]

1989 Mack/4-Guys Tankers 1,000/2,500

[Image: Finished041.jpg]

1995 Simon-Duplex/LTI Tower 100'

[Image: Finished042.jpg]
Dave, I don't recall this being mentioned, but don't you think there's a few similarities between this Spartan /LTI tower from Talleyville,Del., and the Concordville tower (it's a Spartan, not Duplex)?

Richard Rudisill photo, Jenkins collection

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

they're one and the same...
I am fresh off of my vaction from Maine and have a couple of pictures to upload and show off, I didn't photograph much fire apparatus but what I did get was some of the more interesting stuff. Enjoy!!!

My first stop on Sunday was the Charlton Fire Department in Mass, I was lucky enough to get to meet an awesome guy (Captain Bud Harris) who was nice enough to pull everything out for me!!

1997 HME/Smeal Pumper 1,250/1,000

[Image: DSC00255.jpg]

2007 Chevy Ambulance (I don't normally post ambulances but this was pretty nice looking, so I figure I would share)

[Image: DSC00258.jpg]

1995 Simon-Duplex/3D Pumper 1,250/1,000

[Image: DSC00260.jpg]

1974 Mack Aerialscope 75'

X-Taylor, Pa

X-Eagle MClure Fire Department, Old Forge, Pa

X-FDNY CFC 151 (I have no idea what a CFC is), FDNY L 158

[Image: DSC00263.jpg]

1996 International/EJ Murphy Tanker 600/1,500

[Image: DSC00267.jpg]

1981 International/Continental Pumper 750/1,500

[Image: DSC00270.jpg]

2001 Spartan/E-one Pumper 1,250/1,000

[Image: DSC00273.jpg]
The treat at this station was thier other tanker, it is the only tandem axle, ellipitcal tanker Maxim ever made. Sadly they just purchased a third ambulance so they have no where to store this piece, so it sits outside and is out of service (I wanted to weep when I was told this). This piece and the 1981 International/Continental will be going up for sale in about a year (Wouldn't this look GREAT in your driveway Howie?!! LOL). So without further adue.... I present the crown jewel of my trip!!

1987 Maxim Tanker 1,000/3,000

[Image: DSC00277.jpg]
The 74 Scope ex FDNY, OFFD 933-3, Taylor Ladder 95 was also used at one time as a window washing truck, It was paited blue, When Eagle McClure bought it it sat outside their station for a while before being refurbed.
The last place I went on Sunday was the Oxford Fire Department in Mass, Captain Harris was nice enough to call Chief Wilson up for me to set someone up at the station. The paid staff was out on a call but I still managed to photograph the piece I went for.

1981 Hahn/Local Hose Truck 1,000/300/2,500'

[Image: DSC00281.jpg]

This piece started off as a pumper, but the body rotted on it before the chassis went bad. So the department had the body removed and mounted this hose reel on it.

1976/1991 Hahn/E-one Pumper 1,000/750

[Image: DSC00288.jpg]

Sadly this piece has been traded in and is most likely going to be religated to the junk pile, but it is a unique piece of equipment!!
Great shots Fritz!!! You always seem to find the coolest stuff!
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

On Wendsday October 31st I ventured up to Lewistown for a day of running EMS and to visit with Pat Shoop (EMS12), before I even got to the station a barn fire was dispatched out in the middle of yonder. When a second alarm is struck the Rehab unit from FAME EMS is also sent, I was in contact with Pat the whole time and made it to the ambulance building just in time to catch the Rehab unit. While we were there (and Rehab was running smoothly on it's own) I photographed some of the apparatus that was on the scene. These of course are fireground shots so they are not posed and pretty... but the pictures came out pretty well anyway. I have no information on these rigs so Pat will have to fill that in. We will start with a picture of the Rehab unit from the FAME.

1996 Freightliner/Exellence Rehab Unit

[Image: DSC00179.jpg]
Belleville Fire Department

Mifflin County, Pa

International/4-Guys (?) Rescue Truck

[Image: DSC00175.jpg]

International/4-Guys Tanker

[Image: DSC00177.jpg]
Allensville Fire Department

Mifflin County, Pa

Spartan/FMC Pumper

[Image: DSC00174.jpg]
Oneida Township Fire Department

Huntington County, Pa

International/4-Guys Tanker

[Image: DSC00180.jpg]
Three Springs Fire Department

Huntington County, Pa

Chevrolet/4-Guys Tanker

[Image: DSC00182.jpg]
Saxton Fire Department

Huntington County, Pa

Pierce Engine-Tanker

[Image: DSC00183.jpg]
One more, a rear shot of the ladder truck from the Mount Union Fire Department hard at work.

Mount Union Fire Department

Huntington County

[Image: DSC00172.jpg]
So that is my picture show from my trip to Lewistown, there was other apparatus at this fire but I was fighting with dead batteries and could only take a limited amount of photographs. Hopefully you have enjoyed this little barn fire photo fun!

Dave