Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boardman Fire Apparatus
Replaced last year by a HME/Ahrens Fox engine. That station also has an IHC/Boardman engine the same year as the spartan.
[quote name='matchot' post='262639' date='Nov 20 2008, 23:50 ']And last up is this rear view of Macedon, NY Q-2 heading off to a call. I hope you all enjoyed the pics, and Steve, I hope these pics help you out with your database on Boardman rigs. If you have any delivery pics of either of these rigs, I'd enjoy seeing them. Also, I'm not positive, but Macedon, NY may have also run with some Ford C/Boardman rigs prior to running with these rigs, although I'm not positive on this.

Jeff Ambroz-Rochester,NY[/quote]

Macedon is currently out to bid on a new 75' Quint to replace this piece. this was their first aerial. I believe E-19 replaced a mid 60's either Young or Sanford (they had both). The cab and chassis for one of them was made into a flatbed truck by pliant Corp and still sits on the east end of the village along route 31. Good to see some local stuff Jeff.

Larry W.
[quote name='Chief59026' post='263524' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:57 ']Macedon is currently out to bid on a new 75' Quint to replace this piece. this was their first aerial. I believe E-19 replaced a mid 60's either Young or Sanford (they had both). The cab and chassis for one of them was made into a flatbed truck by pliant Corp and still sits on the east end of the village along route 31. Good to see some local stuff Jeff.

Larry W.[/quote]

Hey Larry good to see you on the board too. I will be posting some new threads sometime soon, and will have plenty of more of the local stuff from our area in them.

Jeff
When did Boardan stop production and who ownes thier assets now? I know CT has a lot of Boardmans left around, especially in Litchfield County.
I just like this Boardman rescue. I have not had the opportunity to photograph many Boardman's, but found this one awhile back in Concord, Virginia (just outside of Lynchburg). I went to the fire station (seperate from the Rescue Squad, which is located next door) to photograph the apparatus, and the guys from the FD moved out the squad.

Note the chains on the front bumper and the two sets of rear view mirrors - the ones just above the front wheels and the ones on the doors.

It is a 1998 International 4700/Boardman.

Steve - I have no serial number on this - would you have that?

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Thanks for the information on the Concord Boardman Steve.

I have photographed the Hanover County air unit (already posted here) as well as several more Boardman's in Virginia.

Tappahannock-Essex VFD operates this 1997 Ford Super Duty/Boardman as their Rescue 1. It was originally ordered by the Ashland Volunteer Rescue Squad in Hanover County and than sold to Tappahannock-Essex.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Deep in Southwest Virginia is Big Stone Gap, which also operates a Boardman.

This is a 1989 Spartan/Boardman 1000/1000 with serial number F-2805. In 2005, the FD did a rehab on the truck to enclose the cab to a 4 door.

This photograph was taken at a prison parking lot at the top of a mountain in Big Stone Gap.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Here is a closer view of the rehab done on the cab.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Steve, do you have photos of Eureka Springs, AR 1973 or 1947 ish engines I think. There were two built on the GMC tilt cab with Boardman bodies. They were purchased solid white which is strange because Eureka runs red and ran red before those two were purchased. Thanks

Stay Safe, Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='270278' date='Jan 1 2009, 14:13 ']I just happened to have these handy. They aren't the usual "buff quality" photos, but here you go:

Eureka Springs, AR

1974 Chevrolet/Boardman #F-2085

750/500

Gas/manual

1952 Ford/Boardman #F-1086

500/300

Gas/manual

(purchased as a demonstrator)

(SL photo)

Thanks steve they look good and bring back memories

The other rig you mention was a 1964-ish Howe/Chevrolet; also white, as you mentioned.[/quote] Both of these rigs were in service into the 2000's. The both GMC's were downtown at 1's and the Ford was at 2's on top of the hill. 3's was running a 1992 or 93 Spartan Farerra Engine. When I first visted Eureka Springs in 1990 the 1974 GMC was front line at 3's and the GMC at 1's and Ford at 2's. I know they have since purchased a Henderickson Tele-Squirt used. So I would figure the Ford and or the 64 GMC most likely are gone.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Flowing Wells, AZ

Tanker 32

1974 Ford C/Boardman

450/2200

Photo taken 10/3/93

Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

All photos Copyright Metzger.Media 2014 unless otherwise noted
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='121510' date='Jun 22 2007, 16:21 ']Engine 27-2, Buffalo Township, PA

Spartan

1000/500[/quote]

This engine is currently fro sale.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='Rheems1' post='244000' date='Sep 3 2008, 21:59 ']What can you tell me about this Ford/Boardman pumper we found at the Vandergrift #2 Fire Department in Vandergrift, Pa? I thought it was very, very strange to see a Boardman over here (I can only think of 1 other Boardman in this state.. that was a telesquirt for Moon Township in a nice shade of Blue).

[Image: DSC_0102.jpg][/quote]

Vandergrift #2 purchased this rig between 1982-1985 I believe. it replaced an engine that had the same chassis and also they had another Ford chassis with a 55' snorkel mounted on it. That one was an early to mid 60's. Both of the older rigs might have been manufactured by Pirsh. I am not 100% sure though.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
The Guthrie, OK Super Duty rescue is now serving at Woodcrest Fire Protection District, southeast of Guthrie. The tank and pump have been removed and an air cascade installed along with being repainted lime green with orange, yes orange, striping and lettering.
Quote:Vandergrift #2 purchased this rig between 1982-1985 I believe. it replaced an engine that had the same chassis and also they had another Ford chassis with a 55' snorkel mounted on it. That one was an early to mid 60's. Both of the older rigs might have been manufactured by Pirsh. I am not 100% sure though.

Vandergrift #2's Snorkel was a 50' model, built with Pirsch bodywork.
Thanks for the brochure pic Steve!! I'll pass that along to the guys at Clyde, I know they'll be thrilled to see it! The Boardman has been replaced in front-line service by a 2008 Pierce Contender, but they are planning on keeping the Boardman for years. It was reassigned to "Engine 11-3" upon the arrival of the Pierce. Here's a shot of her as she looks now...

Andrew Messer Photo (2008)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Tri-County-Claypool, AZ. is trading in this Ford C tanker on a new rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Villages Department of Public Safety

The Villages, Florida
Key Largo,FL

1993 FL/Boardman

1250/3000 #F-2912

Tanker-24

Bill Fricker photo

Attached Files Image(s)

nice i love the asheboro rig
Fullerton,Ca

1973 Duplex/Boardman