Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City Of Rochester, NY Fire Apparatus
wow really looks different from when i was a kid and would go over to engine 4 truck 10 on broad and allen st. quint 10 was a reserve with quint 11,a twin rig. at the time the federal q2b was mounted in the little grill and had the wig wag warning lights between the turn signals.

this rig is sitting in bergen ny at a junk yard. it was a former rochester ny pumper it had this shop number on it.does anyone have any info on which pumper this was? i think it may have been engine 2 1972 pioneer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

here is the door with the id number on it

Attached Files Image(s)

pump from the pioneer

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That was what is the now Engine 16, which was replaced in 1984 with an E\-One. It spent numerous years in the spare pool after that. (Info from RFD firefighter)

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
no it wasnt 16's they had a pioneer 3 rig i have a photo of that rig and 17's they were twin rigs, the only 3 companies that i remember using them  rigs were engine 2, 5 and 9 but engine 9 was white so it rules 9's out...

here is a photo i got years ago from a fire fighter over at 16s of their old pioneer engine 17 ran the same rig

credit to the photographer!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:this rig is sitting in bergen ny at a junk yard. it was a former rochester ny pumper it had this shop number on it.does anyone have any info on which pumper this was? i think it may have been engine 2 1972 pioneer.

That's not a Pioneer III, but is likely a Pioneer II. The III's I've seen were distinctive with the black band with turn signals and two warning lights (total of 6), and the ALF signature triple windshield wipers. The I's had single headlights and the II's had dual bezels..
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
ur right thats what i was saying too about the rig, rochester had quite a mix of rigs and colors back in the 70's to early 80's i can remember every rig from every station and the color of the rig thats how i know that rig didnt serve 16's.

Rochester, NY FD Engine 1

2009(?) KME

Seth Granville
Quote:Truck 51, Liberty Fire Company, Sinking Spring, PA

1979 Ward LaFrance A80-WRL-100/1993 Northern refurb

1500/300/100' Maxim

#80-1678

x-Rochester, NY Quint 10
After Sinking Springs was done with it, the Shawnee Fire Company of Columbia, Pa bought it.... this thing, my God what can I say about this thing.. it didn't do ANYTHING well at that point.  The frame was sagging in the middle, it was too long to fit down the streets, the ladder had so much play and sway that it wasn't safe, the motor caught fire at one point.. it was finally sold to the Colfax, WA Fire Department and was missed by no one in Columbia.
i found this photo on google this rig served either engines 2,4. rochester had quite a few ward la frances in the fleet both white over yellow,or white over red.

credit to the photographer!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Rochester, NY FD

Truck 5

20?? E\-One Cyclone II 100'/2000/400

Seth Granville
As of January 7, Richmond has gone back to Engines and Trucks. No more total quint concept.

The Pioneer from Engine 7 wound up in Florida if I remember correctly. It was repainted red and white and was with a private collector. Haven't talked with him in ages, not sure where it is now.

edit: I stand corrected, was thinking it was an ALF pioneer, but you're right, was a WLF.

The Dodge Mini Pumper was at the shop / academy for a few years as the snow plow truck, not sure what happened to it.

the rig that was used as engine 7 was a ward la france it was originally painted white over yellow,then the person that bought her in tampa had her painted white over red. there is a picture of it on google if you put rochester ny fire trucks in the search bar and click on images you will see what she looks like.

Here is a pic of the Rochester Ward in Tampa at the winter SPAAMFAA convention a few years back. Photo taken by me with a cellphone.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/wfdstation42/media/elightbars/a373.jpg.html">[Image: a373.jpg]</a>
does anyone know if besides truck 1, engine 7 and engine 18 did anyone else own any old rochester rigs???

There was one fellow who owned a few old city rigs, not sure what happened to him. IIRC, He had the white Howe Pumper (old Engine 20), also Truck 1 before it was sold to current owner.

yeah i remember him he stored them out at the old stutson st station. i would love to see some pics of old 20's and the pirsch the last time i saw engine 20 in service was when that old church down town burnt and 20's was being used as a reserve for the protectives.