Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles County Fire Dept
Quote: 

Compressed Air Foam System
Thank you for the information.
Dave
Quote:Ok I know I probably have not seen the answer to this question yet, just started reading the thread, How does the Tillered Quint work?

It is really no different than a quint that is commonly used throughout the US. It has a pump, tank, hose and ladders. Only difference is that it has 2 steering wheels and bends in the middle.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Quote: 

It is really no different than a quint that is commonly used throughout the US. It has a pump, tank, hose and ladders. Only difference is that it has 2 steering wheels and bends in the middle.
Thank you I was wondering if there were any differences other than the one that were obvious
Dave
[Image: 026_zps8cb9666d.jpg]

Quint 29 moving up to Station 82.
[Image: 015_zpsobnsgpex.jpg]

It appears Engine 33 has been given a new rig and there old rig has been bumped down to Engine 282.
[Image: 054_zpsvbhkqyym.jpg]

Didn't think LAC had any of these busses around anymore, Crew 19-6.
I am sure it has been covered in this topic somewhere but I will be darned if I can find it, what exactly is a Light Force unit and what is it's function? Here on the right coast we don't have such a designation... does it work like the FDNY Fast Trucks (basically RIT assigned Truck Company)??

Quote:I am sure it has been covered in this topic somewhere but I will be darned if I can find it, what exactly is a Light Force unit and what is it's function? Here on the right coast we don't have such a designation... does it work like the FDNY Fast Trucks (basically RIT assigned Truck Company)??

In short, a light force is a truck and a engine. They always respond together and considered one company. That way when the arrive on scene, they can be used as a truck or engine.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Quote:I am sure it has been covered in this topic somewhere but I will be darned if I can find it, what exactly is a Light Force unit and what is it's function? Here on the right coast we don't have such a designation... does it work like the FDNY Fast Trucks (basically RIT assigned Truck Company)??
LA County has light force's at 8, 127, 147, 82, 185, 170,
For all you keeping track of rig assigned to which stations, effective 4/15/15, Quint 86 has moved to Station 64, becoming Q-64.  To make room for them, they moved E-264 to Station 86, becoming E-286. Reason you might ask? Station 86 can't handle a Tillered Quint.  Its not deep enough.

Quote:For all you keeping track of rig assigned to which stations, effective 4/15/15, Quint 86 has moved to Station 64, becoming Q-64.  To make room for them, they moved E-264 to Station 86, becoming E-286. Reason you might ask? Station 86 can't handle a Tillered Quint.  Its not deep enough.

How much water do these tillered quints carry ?
Quote:How much water do these tillered quints carry ?
350 Gallons
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:350 Gallons
Thanks
[Image: 011_zpsm75szqk2.jpg]

Quint 4 up in 82s area.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s736.photobucket.com/user/Monrovia1/media/LA%20County%20Fire/East%20Ops/Battalion%2010/011_zpsm75szqk2.jpg.html">[Image: 011_zpsm75szqk2.jpg]</a>Quint 4 up in 82s area.

Long way from home, aren't they?
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:Long way from home, aren't they?
82's was on a run up Angeles Crest so Quint 4 got called to move up to 82s. I've spotted Quint's 3,4 and 29 at different times moved up to 82s.
[Image: 023_zpsc8gvajk9.jpg]

Quint 64.

Old Quint 86 the straight stick KME is slated to get bumped down unknown assignment at this time. The department also orderd a new straight KME Rear mount to replace Quint 162.
Do have any towerladders?
Quote:Do have any towerladders?
Neither LA County Fire or LA City Fire Operate mid or rear mount tower ladders.
Quote:[Image: 023_zpsc8gvajk9.jpg]

Quint 64.

Old Quint 86 the straight stick KME is slated to get bumped down unknown assignment at this time. The department also orderd a new straight KME Rear mount to replace Quint 162.

What is THAT between the headlights? I thought LACo Fire was the reason KME kept the square grille?

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.