Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Next up is this Sanford Engine which formerly served the Union Hill FD as Engine-132.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up is an officers side view of the former Union Hill Engine-132.

Next up is this Ford C/ Young Engine which formerly served the Ontario FD as Engine-57.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is this GMC/Saulsbury Heavy Rescue which served the Gates FD as Rescue-4538.

Next up is this GMC/??? 4x4 Rescue which served the Massapequa FD as 637.

Next up is this Sutphen Aerial Platform which formerly served the Patchogue FD as 6-18-6.

Next up is this Mack Engine which formerly served the Patchogue FD.

Next up is this 1984 Ford C/ALF Commodore Engine which formerly served the Farmington FD as Engine-811.

Next up is this 1986 Ford C/Saulsbury engine which formerly served the Farmington FD as Engine-812.

Next up is this Freightliner/Saulsbury Engine which formerly served the Lakeshore (Monroe County) FD as Engine-2032.

Next up is an officers side view of former Lakeshore Engine-2032.

Next up is this ALF Ladder which formerly served the Greece-Ridge FD as Ladder-251. This rig now serves the West Brighton FD as Ladder-501. When these pics were taken in 2000 this rig was filling in at the City of Rochester Quarters of Quint and Midi-1 and L-251 was covering their district while they were out at a multiple alarm fire in the city.

And last up for tonight is this Ford/Sanford Tanker which formerly served the Wallington FD as Tanker-22. Hope you all have enjoyed this latest group of pics, more to come soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Next up is this Ford C/ALF Ladder Truck which formerly served the Fredonia FD as Ladder-11.

I remember when this one was delivered back in 1968, painted bright chrome yellow. It caused quite a big stir as it was the first yellow rig most folks in the area had ever seen. The tip of the ladder was painted orange and there were two blue lights on the rear, which were soon changed out to red. This one replaced a 1937 Stewart/Cayasler City Service Truck and was replaced with the E\-One Bronto they have now. I believe it is locally owned by a collector.
Post 1469 runs out of the Fredonia FD.

Post 1470 run from the Haz-Mat Team station in Falconer.

Post 1471 runs out of Fluvanna Station 1. The body is a Gerstenslager, remounted from an older International 4x4 chassis.
[quote name='matchot' post='297042' date='Apr 13 2009, 23:00 ']Next up is this Maxim??? Engine or Quad??? which formerly served???I have no info on this rig whatsoever unfortunately. The pic was taken in 2000 at bthe Webster FD Parade.[/quote]

Maxim or maybe Maxim/Young, formerly St. Paul Blvd. Fire District, Irondequoit NY. Was owned by a local SPAAMFAA member after its retirement, now owned by his son or son-in-law, in the Carolinas maybe?
[quote name='matchot' post='297060' date='Apr 13 2009, 23:21 ']Next up is this Ford C/Young Engine which formerly served the Union Hill FD as Engine-135. This rig also had a LDH hose reel on it, and was a rather rare piece of equipment for this area when it was built.[/quote]

And it's still a rare piece..,Union Hill donated this truck a few years back, to I think the Birdsall (NY) Fire Dept.
[quote name='matchot' post='295709' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:24 ']Next up is this Hahn?? Engine which2312. formerly served the Brockport FD as Engine-2312.[/quote]

Brockport donated a truck to the Museum at the NYS Fireman's Home in Hudson a few years back, I think this is the one.......
[quote name='LFD_John' post='297120' date='Apr 14 2009, 11:57 ']Brockport donated a truck to the Museum at the NYS Fireman's Home in Hudson a few years back, I think this is the one.......[/quote]

This is the truck now in the museum at Hudson NY.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Found a couple more rigs for this thread. First up is this ALF Ladder which formerly served the Main Transit FD as Ladder-6.

Attached Files Image(s)