Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles County Fire Dept
[Image: 075_zpsy4e0gqjn.jpg]

Engine's 44 244 and 48 on scene of an auto wrecking yard fire.
years ago la county used to use snorkels how come these days they don't run towers in the department
Quote:years ago la county used to use snorkels how come these days they don't run towers in the department
They're use to a be a rear mount snorkel that was kept in reserve I have no idea if LACoFD still has it.
[Image: 022_zpsouj3uxsr.jpg]

Squad 89.
[Image: 004_zpspdddcoum.jpg]

Water Tender 32.
[Image: 031_zpsfvfoic9a.jpg]

Engine 89.
[Image: 112_zps6detmjuc.jpg]

New LACoFD Dozer Tender.
[Image: 148_zpsuebaksb7.jpg]

Crews 16-1 & 16-4 responding to the cabin fire.
[Image: 069_zpstrtoqbgh.jpg]

Heli - Tender 2.
With a major expansion underway at Universal Studios Fire Station 51 located on the Universal Studios is expanded. In addition to Engine, Squad and Patrol 51 a Tiller Quint will also be placed into service at the new Station 51. I believe the addition of the Quint is being paid for by Universal.
[Image: 014_zpshafb5qpe.jpg]

Engine 4 in there new black over red CAFS Engine
LACoFD has relocated USAR Task Force 130 to Station 136.
[Image: 102_zpsezinghzl.jpg]

Quint 153.
A question - Is there still an LACo Engine 9 in service, and if so, at what station?  I saw a picture recently of one of the newer CAFS engines with the Black over Red paint and it was lettered for E-9.

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Quote:A question - Is there still an LACo Engine 9 in service, and if so, at what station?  I saw a picture recently of one of the newer CAFS engines with the Black over Red paint and it was lettered for E-9.

Engine 9 is the 2 car at Station 16, aka it's Engine 216.
Quote: 

Engine 9 is the 2 car at Station 16, aka it's Engine 216.
Few years back, they renumbered E-216 back to E-9, in honor of LODD Engineer Jimmy Howe. It is still quartered at FS 16.  Here is a pic from 6/09 showing the numberboard honoring Howe.

[Image: lace9nose.jpg]
cook, thanks for the info guys, appreciate it !
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Quote:Engine 9 is the 2 car at Station 16, aka it's Engine 216.
Casey correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Engine 9 actually have there own district?.
[Image: 026_zpsooedq5ld.jpg]

Quint 64 responding to a 2nd alarm in 48s area.
Quote:Casey correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Engine 9 actually have there own district?.

If I recall correctly, they built current FS 16 on or near the border of old 9's and 16's district. That way, 9s and 16s have their own district while running out of the same house.