Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appleton trip April 24
and finally...

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow.......
[quote name='ACPD227' timestamp='1350335393' post='500696']

I find it odd this rig has different mirrors on it than the other 4 rigs going to denver.

[/quote]

The airport is almost entirely separate and tends to do its own thing with their rigs.
[sup]On the Rescue tiller, what is the advantage of it versus a normal heavy rescue other than maybe a little more maneuverability[/sup][sup]? Not being critical, just curious. [/sup]
[quote name='senatobiafire704' timestamp='1350355270' post='500753']

[sup]On the Rescue tiller, what is the advantage of it versus a normal heavy rescue other than maybe a little more maneuverability[/sup][sup]? Not being critical, just curious. [/sup]

[/quote]

I know Oregon has some weird DOT laws on trucks and axles. You see most of their tiller'ed ladders with tandem axle tractors and the like. I know it's very strict up there.

Someone local might have to chime in and help but I'd be willing to be it's got something to do with that.
On the rescue tiller - double WOW!!
[quote name='fireman29b' timestamp='1350416012' post='500798']

I know Oregon has some weird DOT laws on trucks and axles. You see most of their tiller'ed ladders with tandem axle tractors and the like. I know it's very strict up there.

Someone local might have to chime in and help but I'd be willing to be it's got something to do with that.

[/quote]

Oregon does have some DOT weight limits, but not like the state of Washington.

Eugene, OR has a tandem-axle tiller, but that's the only one I can think of in the state. Washington has at least 9.

The new Portland tda under construction is not a tandem.
The explanation I got was that in a collapse zone this truck would be able to manuever around debris easier than a larger "regular" rescue truck to get close with the crane.
[quote name='redwoodwoof' timestamp='1350429672' post='500821']

The explanation I got was that in a collapse zone this truck would be able to manuever around debris easier than a larger "regular" rescue truck to get close with the crane.

[/quote]

Makes sense. As the old red neck saying around here goes: "there's more than one way to skin a cat". Always interested in new and innovative ideas.
The rescue tiller body looks considerably shorter than most tillers. I know that it would be considering there is no ladder, but it just seems really short and considering the advantage of being able to carry more equipment and be very maneuverable i would think you take advantage of that. Not trying to be critical, just saying.
[quote name='fireman29b' timestamp='1350416012' post='500798']

[/quote]

It also helps considerably with braking, and is likely one of the major factors in slowing down a larger rig.....two axles with brakes is better than one !!!
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
[quote name='RagsCo4' timestamp='1350490294' post='500893']

The rescue tiller body looks considerably shorter than most tillers. I know that it would be considering there is no ladder, but it just seems really short and considering the advantage of being able to carry more equipment and be very maneuverable i would think you take advantage of that. Not trying to be critical, just saying.

[/quote]

Ok I will be the first to go out there, who cares it just looks cool!!!!!!
The Oregon Tiller reminds me of City of Orange, CA fire dept Squad 6, a SVI modified Seagrave Tiller.

http://www.firenews.org/misc/OrangeCityCAS6.jpg
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Pierce trip 11/20/2012

Touring plant before specing new rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

Going to Brazil

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo Mike Tenerelli

Attached Files Image(s)

Onley, IL.