Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chief's travels
[quote name='chief' timestamp='1326990620' post='471954']

HMMMM does anybody know anything about this unit????? I would bet i know someone who does!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

2010 Spartan Metrostar - Alexis - Hale 1500 gpm/1000 water . I'll reserve comment about my opinion of it. Our paid staff runs this rig 6a to 6p Monday through Friday, and its the front line all other hours out of the station, so it gets some use...

Good news, our board has mandated replacement of the out of date extrication equipment on this and our other rigs, so we'll have something new by the end of spring to cut with.

As always, if anyone ever wants photos of our stuff, I'm happy to make it happen. Can usually help facilitate neighbors stuff too.
[quote name='chief' timestamp='1326999503' post='471978']

My buddy kevin in south beloit ambo going on a run just as i was getting ready to pull out of the parking lot as well as the south beloit chief's buggy

[/quote]

South Beloit's "new" buggy used to be Win-Bur-Sew's, in case anyone thinks they've seen it before.
[quote name='npfd801' timestamp='1327094459' post='472068']

South Beloit's "new" buggy used to be Win-Bur-Sew's, in case anyone thinks they've seen it before.

[/quote]Excellent send me your number again and we can meet up when it warms up and quits snowing Rob
[quote name='chief' timestamp='1322007779' post='464727']

branson missouri truck 2

[/quote]

I grew up in St. Louis and would go down to Branson a couple of times a year, once in the summer for two weeks and once in the fall for the octoberfest, When my father was on the Gardenville Fire Department we stopped by the one Branson Station at the time and they showed us a Rattlesnake that they killed in the area behind the station. The last time I was there was in 82 and the has sure grown up since then. Thank you for sharing these.
Dave
[quote name='chief' timestamp='1323568773' post='466771']

Now on to Springfield MO Here is Springfield engine 12 at the Hazmat station and here is the Hazmat response vehicle These guys have their stuff together. Everything is organized to where some of the items that don't need to be checked on a daily basis there is a locking tag put on the tub and as long as it isnt broken everything is ok. Very sophisticated station and super nice guys.

[/quote]

Springfield announced in late 2011 they are returning to RED with Gold Leaf in a Gothic style. Just FYI
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' timestamp='1327180990' post='472153']

Springfield announced in late 2011 they are returning to RED with Gold Leaf in a Gothic style. Just FYI

[/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

my boys pretending to climb the academy ladder

my middle one sporting a helmet

quint 3002 at a house fire which will be replaced next month and stationed at station 1 intead of 2 and engine 1 goes to station 2 because the new quint wont fit at 2.

3001 an E\-One engine

doing some overhaul

command robin gorsline great guy

a look ab alpha and bravo side

putting the wet stuff on the red stuff

command and the fire inspector

peek a boo i see you

engine 3001 which will be going to become 3002 next month when the new quint comes in

the old 3001 which is now a reserve 3003

here is the KME ladder not being utilized again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT UNDERSTAND why they wont use the ladders correctly?3051

here is chicago engine 18 at the academy