Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Quote:Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm considering such a bumper for our command vehicles so we can have some perpendicular intersection lighting without having to drill into the body sheet metal.  Who makes these?
chief will you let me know when you get your new commad car so i can be sure to shoot it? Rob
Quote:Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm considering such a bumper for our command vehicles so we can have some perpendicular intersection lighting without having to drill into the body sheet metal.  Who makes these?
Lund Industries..   that will take you to the webpage.. Its mostly products. We are a full installation shop.. I am their in house 2 way guy

http://lund-industries.com/products/pass...ks-bumpers

that stinks that Yonkers ahs to deal with ALF, they are a complete mess. Just shows that going with low bid really hurts departments, because of the amount of time the rigs are out of service.

Does Yonkers of the Mack Cf's still around?

Quote:that stinks that Yonkers ahs to deal with ALF, they are a complete mess. Just shows that going with low bid really hurts departments, because of the amount of time the rigs are out of service.
At one time in recent years, ALF was doing very well, and putting out a very good, popular product to many fire departments around the country, and wasn't neccasarily the low bidder on all..
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Does Yonkers of the Mack Cf's still around?

The last Mack CF pumper that Mack ever produced is still around, they are fixing it up as a parade piece I hear. It was ExEngine-306. All the others are long gone to the scrap guy.
Quote:chief will you let me know when you get your new commad car so i can be sure to shoot it? Rob

Rob - we have the new one "on hand" but I'm waiting to get lighting and such installed.  The other two command vehicles and the new one will all get lettered hopefully soon as well.

I'm not thrilled, but it is black.  We were under the gun to buy a 2500 Suburban since they aren't making them for 2014, and likely beyond.  We bought a lightly optioned unit off a dealer lot.

Quote:The last Mack CF pumper that Mack ever produced is still around, they are fixing it up as a parade piece I hear. It was ExEngine-306. All the others are long gone to the scrap guy.
Good to hear that they are going to keep the last Mack for parades. FDNY's last Mack was last seen out in Pa, it had no bucket and motor. Truck was in sad shape. It was a shame that they didn't keep it or that Mack didn't offer to take it for the museum.
Quote:give me a call or shoot me an email and let me know when would be a good time to come and shoot your apparatus chief. I still havent shot the new ladder. I will be at the chiefs show maybe we can catch up then. Rob

Rob - we have the new one "on hand" but I'm waiting to get lighting and such installed.  The other two command vehicles and the new one will all get lettered hopefully soon as well.

I'm not thrilled, but it is black.  We were under the gun to buy a 2500 Suburban since they aren't making them for 2014, and likely beyond.  We bought a lightly optioned unit off a dealer lot.
Engine Co-313's 2002 ALF.

This is our oldest frontline pumper right now. From what I heard yesterday, there was only one bidder on an order for two pumpers. Supposedly the bidder, and winner for the contract was Ferrara Fire Apparatus, which will be a first for us.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

also, does anyone know where I can get a (center) lens for those ALF lightbars easily?

Those light bars were built by Whelen.  You may want to try them.

Quote:Those light bars were built by Whelen.  You may want to try them.

Whelen 10-4. But anywhere online to order a lens?
those were a factory order only option.. You would have to contact them direct.. They aren't cheap

Quote:those were a factory order only option.. You would have to contact them direct.. They aren't cheap

Thanx! Guess forget me paying outta pocket. I will ask at The Shops...... For some reason our (spare) rig was delivered 13 years ago with 3 white front lenses, which makes no sense.
The rotator assemblies can be fitted with colored filters. That's probably why. You are able to have multiple colors under a single clear dome

Yonkers, NY Battalion 2

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe outfitted by Proliner

Seth Granville
Quote:Yonkers, NY Battalion 2

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe outfitted by Proliner

[Image: attachicon.gif]<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=311843'>yfdbatt.jpg</a>

Think,it's still not in service yet! Last I saw, it was down Ops a few weeks ago having a different type MDT/puter demo put in it, similiar to Dallas(?) the salesman said. He had just done Jersey City's Battalions too.
Yonkers FD New EMS Truck 

2014 Chevrolet Silverado/Outfitted by Proliner

Seth Granville
spare in the snow yesterday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)