Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vermont Apparatus
Bellows Falls, VT

Former 52 Ladder 1

1989 Ford C/1965 Maxim

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
[quote name='The Commish' post='265665' date='Dec 10 2008, 22:46 ']Shelburne, Vt

1993 HME/EJ Murphy

1250/1800

Ron Bogardus collection[/quote]

Now I know why this post confused me... It's Sherburne NOT Shelburne. I lived in Burlington for 10 years and never saw this unit in Shelburne...

Easy to confuse the two

Take it easy

Nate
[quote name='The Commish' post='265665' date='Dec 10 2008, 22:46 ']Shelburne, Vt

1993 HME/EJ Murphy

1250/1800

I know I am majority of one, but I'd think it would make sense to at least pre-connect the strainer to the suction with this set up would be simple to have done it in the planning stages. maybe even pre-connect the whole set up.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Won't be a problem any more. Sherburne changed the town name to Killington a few years ago.[quote name='Good2Go' post='276804' date='Jan 26 2009, 04:38 ']Now I know why this post confused me... It's Sherburne NOT Shelburne. I lived in Burlington for 10 years and never saw this unit in Shelburne...

Easy to confuse the two

Take it easy

Nate[/quote]
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Does anybody know if Malletts Bay Fire ever took delivery of their new Rescue Engine? They had one on order from American Lafrance, and were supposed to take delivery of it last Spring, but it is not on their website. With all the financial issues at ALF I wonder what happened...

Take it easy

Nate
Yes the did take delievery of it late fall of 2008. There is a photo of the truck on www.firenews.org

-Eric

[quote name='Good2Go' post='277541' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:16 ']Does anybody know if Malletts Bay Fire ever took delivery of their new Rescue Engine? They had one on order from American Lafrance, and were supposed to take delivery of it last Spring, but it is not on their website. With all the financial issues at ALF I wonder what happened...

Take it easy

Nate[/quote]
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Thanks! Great bunch of guys over at The Bay...

Malletts Bay has always spec'd simple, user friendly rigs. No BS bells and whistles. Rig looks great! Photo by Randy Dame of www.firenews.org

[Image: MalletsBayVTR8new08.jpg]

Stay warm

Nate
[quote name='bige1998' post='132843' date='Jul 24 2007, 16:44 ']Winhall, VT

Engine 4

2006 Pierce Dash

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=21123][/quote]

Looking sharp, nice rig very detailed.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Montpelier,Vt

1969 American LaFrance

1000/1000

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Burlington,Vt

1967 American LaFrance

1000/500/F

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Bridgewater Vt

ex : E2

1983 GMC/Middlesex

820/1250

Rig now serves Victoria By the Sea, PEI Canada

Williamstown,Vt

1970's Diamond Reo/Local

1500/1000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Williamstown,Vt

1970's Diamond Reo/Local

1250/1000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Burlington,Vt

Pierce/Arrow

1250/500

Eng-1

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Burlington, VT

Mack/E-One

1250/500

Eng-3

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

This was reassigned to Engine 5 when Engine 1 received a new E\-One pumper in 2003.[quote name='The Commish' post='309247' date='May 27 2009, 19:23 ']Burlington,Vt

Pierce/Arrow

1250/500

Eng-1

Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Saxton's River still have that ex F.D.N.Y. ALF?
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
A few facts about some of the Burlington Rigs....

As was previously stated the Pierce Arrow assigned to Engine 1 did go to Engine 5 when they took delivery of the E\-One rigs. Funny thing is (from what I heard from some of the guys) that the Pierce (despite its age) tends to stay in service more than the E\-One's....

Engine 3 (the Mack) was specially designed to fit in their quarters (very narrow bay). The first time I saw the rig I did a double take, but when I saw their house I understood.

Great bunch of guys up there in Burlington. I hope next time I visit they will have the staffing they need and deserve. Lots of tradition and pride, especially at FS 1. They made a lot of saves in the 10 years I lived there.

Peace

Nate
[quote name='The Commish' post='304318' date='May 10 2009, 19:51 ']Williamstown,Vt

1970's Diamond Reo/Local

1250/1000

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

This one looks like it has a Middlesex logo on the pump panel.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Yes, it's their second due engine.[quote name='smketrfdny' post='309265' date='May 27 2009, 21:36 ']Saxton's River still have that ex F.D.N.Y. ALF?[/quote]
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT