Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
Also: Pre build meeting with Ferrara on our 2 pumpers. Will be built on the Ultra cab/chassis, all stainless.

Our regular 2007 apparatus has finally returned, repaired from ALF but not yet back on line. Has been out since April.

R1 are they going to resemble the Fdny Ladder or the Newark Engines??

Quote:R1 are they going to resemble the Fdny Ladder or the Newark Engines??

The Ultra cab is what the FDNY rearmounts are built on.
Wow...new rescues can be built in a shorter time...Hope its fixed and works for you finally!

Thanks for sharing this thread.  I just got back from the National Fire Academy and was in Class with two of Yonkers BCs. Very nice guys. That station with R1 looks huge !!!

Quote:Thanks for sharing this thread.  I just got back from the National Fire Academy and was in Class with two of Yonkers BCs. Very nice guys. That station with R1 looks huge !!!

Yes, My Firehouse is a big building, "The Big House"!
Does the FD occupy the entire building ?
Quote:Does the FD occupy the entire building ?

Yes. Built in 1927, it "was" YFD HQ , housing the Staff, Training,Union and Fire Prevention offices. Part of the last administrations plan to build a minor league ballpark, the building was going to be torn down. The City has not maintained it in many years. Leaking roof and falling ceilings on upper floors caused HQ to move to another office building. As of right now, it houses TL-71, Rescue-1, along with the Mask Service Unit, and Union office. Floors 3&4 not being used, but talk of maybe doing a overhaul of building to bring back HQ as City is paying rent for office space to stay in that other location. We shall see.

Quote: 

Yes. Built in 1927, it "was" YFD HQ , housing the Staff, Training,Union and Fire Prevention offices. Part of the last administrations plan to build a minor league ballpark, the building was going to be torn down. The City has not maintained it in many years. Leaking roof and falling ceilings on upper floors caused HQ to move to another office building. As of right now, it houses TL-71, Rescue-1, along with the Mask Service Unit, and Union office. Floors 3&4 not being used, but talk of maybe doing a overhaul of building to bring back HQ as City is paying rent for office space to stay in that other location. We shall see.
Interesting, looks like a neat old traditional engine house. Hope they can get it refurrbed.  Stay safe Brother
[Image: 2ljp9hk.jpg]

Spare Battalion unless they are actually using this again . 2010 Ford F-350/TCD 

Yonkers Spare Battalion 3 2006 Ford Expedition

[Image: 259dels.jpg]

Quote:Yes. Built in 1927, it "was" YFD HQ , housing the Staff, Training,Union and Fire Prevention offices. Part of the last administrations plan to build a minor league ballpark, the building was going to be torn down. The City has not maintained it in many years. Leaking roof and falling ceilings on upper floors caused HQ to move to another office building. As of right now, it houses TL-71, Rescue-1, along with the Mask Service Unit, and Union office. Floors 3&4 not being used, but talk of maybe doing a overhaul of building to bring back HQ as City is paying rent for office space to stay in that other location. We shall see.
Are there still plans to redevelop "Chicken Island"?
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Are there still plans to redevelop "Chicken Island"?
Who knows.....But ballpark is out.
Question for the lighting Gurus......Best place to buy Whelen 900 blue replacement lenses?

Strobes N More-

http://strobesnmore.com/Whelen-900-Series-Lense.html

Edit- not that it matters, but Blue was automatically the first thing to pop up, that has to be a good sign!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Strobes N More-

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://strobesnmore.com/Whelen-900-Series-Lense.html">http://strobesnmore.com/Whelen-900-Series-Lense.html</a>

Edit- not that it matters, but Blue was automatically the first thing to pop up, that has to be a good sign!

Trav!

Thanx!
Quote:At one time in recent years, ALF was doing very well, and putting out a very good, popular product to many fire departments around the country, and wasn't neccasarily the low bidder on all..
ALF hadn't put out a good product since Frieghliner purchased them.
We are going out to bid on a new TL soon. Smeal is interested in building one for us. They brought this demo by yesterday to look at. Our spec has NO pump, and will be 75' or possibly 85', as anything bigger will not fit in Firehouse or around the city.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very cool spy shot! (Wish you'd share on EMTB *hint* :-) )Smeal would make sense, considering the entire RM fleet is Smeal.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
That's not a spy shot it's a pic of a demo
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]