Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLORIDA RIGS
Quote:GREAT shots Ron!  Love the new Polk County apparatus.  May have to do that area on our trip next year.
Let me know mike. I have a good contact for there.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Was told last night the new Heavy Rescue for Orlando is either at the shops, or in service, can anyone confim?

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I'll be down there in a little over a week. I can do some searching and let ya know.
Thanks Shoop! You lucky dog, breaking out of this weather huh? Room for one more? I travel lightly B)

Travis where did you hear that? the sutphen dealer hasn't delivered anything to OFD since this summer when Engine 1 came in, spoke with the dealer today and they don't have anything coming in for orlando for atleast 3 months out

Quote:Was told last night the new Heavy Rescue for Orlando is either at the shops, or in service, can anyone confim?

Trav!
Nope. It's NOWHERE close to being completed. I'd guess LATE summer...
Quote:Nope. It's NOWHERE close to being completed. I'd guess LATE summer...
Maybe later...but it is going to be a BEAST!!! Biggest HR built to date by Sutphen/SVI.
I was hoping it'd be 100% built by Sutphen like the last one. Have you seen a line drawing of it or anything? I can't imagine how much bigger it'd be able to get than the one they have now! I hope it doesn't have the typical "higher rear, lower front, and no chrome trim around the rear wheels as is typical with SVI bodies, I just don't like it.

In regards to where I had heard that, I am selling my Code 3 collection, and someone buying some things from the Orlando area had passed the info along in conversation.

Trav!

Gotcha, I was just back home and figured I'd ask. I was fearful it may have been another manufacturer, knowing that OFD is one of Sutphen's bigger customers. I as well was hoping for an all Sutphen rig. not a fan of the way an SVI body isnt flush with the cab on the bottom of the rig and the fender issues as you mentioned

Yep! That's exactly what I was referring to, the lower bottom on the front of the body, as opposed to even all the way down it! Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed.

Hard to imagine a Sutphen rescue bigger than Syracuse's.

I ran into Dan Sutphen at a trade show today and mentioned the new Orlando rig to him, and he did say that it would be a little bigger than the Syracuse rig.  He really enjoys the rescue relationship that they've been able to harness with SVI.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:I ran into Dan Sutphen at a trade show today and mentioned the new Orlando rig to him, and he did say that it would be a little bigger than the Syracuse rig.  He really enjoys the rescue relationship that they've been able to harness with SVI.
Yes, it's a monster.

The partnership has been great...Sutphen builds the best chassis (IMO), and SVI builds the best rescue type body (IMO).
Quote:I was hoping it'd be 100% built by Sutphen like the last one. Have you seen a line drawing of it or anything? I can't imagine how much bigger it'd be able to get than the one they have now! I hope it doesn't have the typical "higher rear, lower front, and no chrome trim around the rear wheels as is typical with SVI bodies, I just don't like it.

In regards to where I had heard that, I am selling my Code 3 collection, and someone buying some things from the Orlando area had passed the info along in conversation.

Trav!
Yeah, I saw the CAD drawing. It is a monster.
How could one obtain this drawing?

Quote:How could one obtain this drawing?
I don't have it, and doubt it'd be easy to get. I guess I could get it, but I don't think they'd like me sharing it.

Best bet would be to see if someone from OFD has it.
<sub>According to Spartan ERV's site, they are building a big Kenworth 4x4 "midi-pumper" for Orlando.</sub>

<sub>Kent Parrish</sub>

<sub>Louisville, KY</sub>

I contacted a source about the Kenworth 4x4 "midi-pumper" that Spartan ERV is building, it will most likely be assigned to Woods 14. It has been on the production site for awhile, so I'm guessing it should be completed soon.

Kelvin Carter Jr.

Kelvin Carter Jr.

Firefighter - Chillum-Adelphi VFD, Langley Park, MD
I just saw a photo of Miami-Dade Engine Co. 30 today.  It appeared to be a newer Pierce Quantum w/ a silver roof.....Anyone know if thats the new color scheme?

please visit my website at www.karlsfirephotos.smugmug.com
Yes it is! Smile