Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1979 Crown Firecoach Telesqurt
I am starting this on behalf of my brother who is also a Firepics member. To join F-1627 our 1970 Crown pumper, he has added F1803, a 1979 Crown 50ft Telesqurt. He will provide additional details later, but here are the basics.

Crown F1803

1979 Crown 50ft Telesqurt

Cummins NTC-350

Allison Automatic

1500 GPM Pump

300 Gallon Water Tank

Purchased new by the Glendale, CA Fire Department

Refurbished by the Caddo Parrish Fire District #3 in Louisiana as their reserve piece

Unique/Special notes of interest:

-Was on the cover of the November 1994 Firehouse Magazine while with Glendale Fire.

-Is the final Crown built with the original/classic narrow cab design.

She now resides in the metro Kansas City area for those members who are out that way.

Photo Credit: Scott Johnson

Attached Files Image(s)

Another angle.

Attached Files Image(s)

A few other photos from different angles taken by the previous owner Ben that I'm going to share.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A copy of the Firehouse cover that featured the truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='marco17' date='23 August 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1282581639' post='398687']

A copy of the Firehouse cover that featured the truck.

[/quote]

Looks like that sumbit*h was taken some heat in that photo.... great looking rig, tell your brother I said good luck with it.
Updated photo of F-1803, former Glendale, CA & Caddo Parish, LA, 50ft Crown Telesqurt - Fall 2011 after a wash, wax, and polish.

Photo Credit/Owner: Scott Johnson (brother)

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Crown' timestamp='1322005170' post='464718']

She's lookin' good Marc!

[/quote]

Yeah, Scott's doing a good job on her.
Due to some unforeseen personal circumstances, my brother is going to be selling this truck. If you have any legitimate interest in this truck or know someone who would, please PM me and I will provide you with his email address to you can inquire about the truck. As with most of us who are truck collectors, the aim is to have it go to someone who will take care of it and not beat it up or send it to the scrapper. The truck is currently located in the metro Kansas City area, so it is ideal for that Crown fan in the Midwest of East Coast who may not be able to transport or drive from the West Coast. I do not have specifics on what he's looking for. She is in great overall condition and some extensive engine work has been done since it's purchase so she runs super strong.