Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ward LaFrance Ultravision
credit to Tom Bretz

DALTON FIRE CO. 1971 WARD/NEW LEXINGTON REFURB

[Image: iw0xud-1.jpg]
[quote name='goro' date='24 July 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1280008873' post='394391']

credit to Tom Bretz

DALTON FIRE CO. 1971 WARD/NEW LEXINGTON REFURB

[Image: iw0xud-1.jpg]

[/quote]is this still being kept at fleetville.
yes it is
[quote name='theunknowncomic' date='24 July 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1280016566' post='394412']

is this still being kept at fleetville.

[/quote]

goro, whaty are their plans with this ward, i know i talked to them at mt cobb's parade last year when i saw them looking over the ex-Mt Cobb ex Eynon ward for parts & at that time they told me they were looking to keep it but that is over a year ago

TOM B
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
unknown at this time tom, the cab is in really bad shape due to all that chrome around the windshield and the cab rap. a cab refurb would be needed and fast. there has been rumors of an abington sub-station, but thats just rumor at this point.

Brian
[quote name='goro' date='26 July 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1280165518' post='394605']

unknown at this time tom, the cab is in really bad shape due to all that chrome around the windshield and the cab rap. a cab refurb would be needed and fast. there has been rumors of an abington sub-station, but thats just rumor at this point.

Brian

[/quote]brian

chinchilla #2 of south abington twp dos have a 77/92 ward available with blown motor it is at their sub station on fairview road

TOM B
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='16 July 2006 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1153025137' post='10204']

The Dunn Loring/Susan Moore rig is still the same color. I'll post a shot of it when I get back from vacation.

There are? I see chrome wheel covers and front fenderettes and the siren speaker has been replaced by a Q2B. The homemade crosslays are gone and the hosebed extensions have been removed. The grab bar on the back has been changed and spotlights added. None of those are major changes. Now look at the details that are the same:

Marker lights and reflectors

Reflective striping

Front warning lights and turn signals

Treadplate trim on bottom edge of compartments

Pump panel layout

Axe holder

Small white (shoreline plug?) circle above axe handle is just visible behind grab handle on NAFA rig

Bruce Anderson said so

[/quote]

I don't know if Millersville had two of them or not, but I can tell you that the NAFA rig has a Detroit motor in in and did all of the time I saw it at Millersville.... might have had 2 Wards and the one with the gas motor was the first one.
last i looked it still sat outside of the fairview rd station.
[quote name='davepa' date='25 February 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1267149286' post='366349']

MAHAFFEY, PENNSYLVANIA

CLEARFIELD COUNTY

1973 WARD LAFRANCE AMBASSADOR 1250/1000

[Image: MAHAFFEY04980-2.jpg]

DAVE BOWEN PHOTO

[/quote]

I'm in the middle of purchasing this magnificent piece. only a few payments to go & she comes home. Does anyone know her origin. The contact I have says somewhere in New Jersey.
Is there a difference between the Ultravision Cab and the Ambassador series cab?
[quote name='SrFireOfficial' date='27 August 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1282952284' post='399460']

Is there a difference between the Ultravision Cab and the Ambassador series cab?

[/quote]

If I understood it right...

Ultravision = true WLF concept and design

Ambassador = once Maxim got involved with WLF. The whole line got re-named... STATESMAN was the name of the Ulravision on a CFR (ARFF) type rig. The names were all GOVERMENTAL - OFFICIAL titles.
Hazlet

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

New Haven CT ran this 1973 model as Engine 11. A similar rig was assigned to Engine 6 in 1975.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' date='28 August 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1283052383' post='399668']

Hazlet

[/quote]

Thanks again!
Quote:SrFireOfficial, on 27 August 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

If I understood it right...

Ultravision = true WLF concept and design

Ambassador = once Maxim got involved with WLF. The whole line got re-named... STATESMAN was the name of the Ulravision on a CFR (ARFF) type rig. The names were all GOVERMENTAL - OFFICIAL titles.

Well, not exactly. The Ultravision was the name of the cab itself, but it also carried a numerical designation of 80. The model 80 designation was preceeded by a letter (P-pumper, A-aerial, S-Hi-Ranger Snorkel, etc). Over the years, there were other chassis models that used the Ultravision cab, like the model 85, which had the motor located forward, between the driver and officer seats; or the model 75, which was built on a less expensive GM chassis; or the model 87, built at the Maxim factory, or the 2100 series, which I haven't quite figured out yet. When introduced in 1962, it was named the Mark I chassis. In 1972, WLF renamed their lines, based on chassis type and function. The Presidential Series was for custom chassis rigs and the Constellation Series was for commercial chassis rigs. The Ambassador name was used for custom pumpers, regardless of the chassis model. The exception to that was the P-82 with it's standard TCM cab on the custom WLF chassis. Here is the entire list of Presidential and Constellation names.

PRESIDENTIAL

Ambassador- pumper

Diplomat- aerial

Senator- Hi-Ranger

Delegate- heavy rescue

Governor- foam pumper

Envoy- tanker

Congressman- floodlight truck

Statesman- ARFF

Courier- brush truck

CONSTELLATION

Comet- pumper

Venus- aerial

Apollo- Hi-Ranger

Gemini- heavy rescue

Aurora- foam pumper

Neptune- tanker

Star- floodlight truck

Saturn- ARFF

Mercury- brush truck

Anyway, this all happened BEFORE the company was bought by North Street in 1975. North Street also owned Maxim.
Superior Arizona

No other info.

San Bernardino County

No info

San Bernardino County Training engine No other info

English Consul Md

This is used by their explorers. I'm told it was from Texas, but I have no other information.

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' date='28 August 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1283052383' post='399668']

Hazlet

[/quote]

Does anyone know what type of lights are in the center of the cab? The ones under the windshield between the lafrance flashers. I'd love to get a set & replace the modern ones.